Who Says Barbel Rods Don't Need a Quiver Tip?

S

Sean Meeghan

I agree with Neil (even if I don't agree with not needing a quiver tip!) an excellent review. I particularly liked the photos showing the action of the rod as its somthing I'm a bit picky about.

Hands up those who think Shakespeare would sell a lot more of their rod if it wasn't called a Ganza?

P

paul williams 2

Sean.......my hands up.......but i'm afraid even the word Shakespeare will put enough off!

I have three rods i love for Zander and light pike......they are..........shhhhhhhhhhhhhh

W

Wolfman Woody

When Graham said - "but if they learned to use their fingers properly they'd find they didn't need one" - I think he might have been having a pop at me. :eek:)

Only he and me will understand, perhaps.

W

Wolfman Woody

I'd have liked to have seen a Sulis in the test.

I'd have liked to have handled the sulis in the test.

I'd have liked to have run off with the Sulis during the test, when Graham wasn't watching.

------------

On a serious note though I like that Shimano Catana. It looks the business and I didn't see that one at the show. It must have been there, but I missed it.

Good idea though Group tests. Love them, but I notice CF mag never picks the "editor's choice" when they run them. Come on Stu, nail your colours to the mast, mate.

L

little sister ( Jeff )

I'm just glad that we all don't like the same thing, cos that would get real boring real fast.

A

Albert Watkinson 2

my rod is a free spirit 12ft with a separate 3quiver tip section.i have caught my best chub and barbel on the quiver so you can tell i am biased about the quiver.however i use the 1-5 top for touch ledgering and heavy leads.taking this type of rod gives us the option and that can only be a good thing.
albert

Terry Harvey

Reaction score
At the end of the day do we want to be haveing loads of different rods for all the types of fishing we do or have two ore three different types of better priced rods that will cover everything??

Graham Elliott 1

Reaction score
Quiver tips???? If you don't appreciate the difference they can make to anglers who do more than sit on a river with the two rod, baitrunner on and fall asleep approach, you've missed quite a few fish!

The article on BFW was by **** Dowing, my fishing pal, Matty.

I really recommend you have a read.

Its called "quivering blue jeans"

Good reviews.

Graham

A

Albert Watkinson 2

hello graham{e} hope you are well and always look forward to your tips.
albert