WHY DO THEY DO IT?

The Monk

Reaction score
"Cakey if your idea of help is to post silly links when my argument is hypothetical, then I'm sure most of us could do without it ."

whos the "most of us", have you formed your own gang after 11 posts, Cakeys had more that 20,000

TOM SAWYER

Reaction score
Phew ! Few questions to answer there !!!

In no particular order------- my profile isnt complete because I'v just came on the site and its not my top priority,this post was.

To you Monk,as to whether I've formed my own gang I suggest look at yourselves first---,I'm just defending my corner , all I did was to try to create a stimulating first post. How many posts Cakey has done is of little importance to ME, 16,000 of those might be absolute twaddle ( tho I'm not at all suggesting that they ARE !) He's probably a very capable angler ( which I dont claim to be), and well respected, and has good tips ( thats for you Woody),but that does not mean he's above criticism when he's being facetious, or at least not in MY book I'm afraid!/forum/smilies/baring_teeth_smiley.gif

For Paul---

In your 150-200 example ,what I'm saying is this-

Dont go and advise a rod at the low end of his budget, I'd be hoping people would advise him of the best tackle right up to the last penny of his budget, BUT NO MORE ! If he's looking for a full set of kit for £20, tell him to wake up !Thats not what I'm sayin,if he HAS a fair budget, STICK to it.

As for it not being a good start, I disagree,its my fIrst post,and had created over 40 replies, thats not bad SURELY ! /forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

And finally, cheers to Spider again, and to Gav for your support, at least SOMEONE is on the same wavelength as ME ! /forum/smilies/hot_smiley.gif

The Monk

Reaction score
"How many posts Cakey has done is of little importance to ME, 16,000 of those might be absolute twaddle "

well we can`t argue with that Tom/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

The Monk

Reaction score
"being facetious" Oi we`ll have less of that educated stuff on here mate

The Monk

Reaction score
"Dont go and advise a rod at the low end of his budget, I'd be hoping people would advise him of the best tackle right up to the last penny of his budget, BUT NO MORE ! If he's looking for a full set of kit for £20, tell him to wake up !Thats not what I'm sayin,if he HAS a fair budget, STICK to it."

OK, WAKE UP/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

The Monk

Reaction score
anyway anyone who posts 20,000 posts is a cult on here, Ed is a really big cult/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

C

Cakey

"My first post may be a little controversial, but its honestly posted, as I find this topic a major irritation.

Not just on this site, but on many others coarse and sea, I regularly see this eg,-----------

I'm looking to renew my gear blah blah blah , can anybody advise which is the the best, I have a budget max of (eg) £100.

and then read replies similar to this------

Hi there *******, blah blah blah is very good, at £150, I know its a bit over your budget but would be worth the extra---

AAAAAAAAARGH!!!!

AREN'T THEY LISTENING!!!!!!!!

******** has already told them his budget is max £ 100, why do they do it???

If he has worked out he can only afford £100, whats the bl*ody point in telling him to get something outside of his budget !!!!!

I've tried to think of it as people just trying to be helpful, and giving their opinion, but it hasnt worked for ME !!! They're not listening to him !!!!!

It must be SO frustrating for *******, who then must put his head in his hands and say "what a waste of time posting that,I cant afford it !!! "

Please remember that when a person says he has a budget max, he has a budget max, and you're just wasting your time suggesting anything OVER that budget !! !

Ah, I feel better now-----------"

Tom you said all the above in your first post on this thread..................................

then you posted...."Cakey if your idea of help is to post silly links when my argument is hypothetical, then I'm sure most of us could do without it ."

me being a fik southerner would like to know where the hypothetical bit is please ??

TOM SAWYER

Reaction score
Line 4 Cakey where it says -------EG !

well we can`t argue with that Tom--- I like a sense of humour

Trevor Sawyer

Reaction score
Hi lads....

before the fisty-cuffs start, thought I'd just drop in to say i'm not Tom.. Fred Bonney must have assumed it was me when he said "Trev" at the top of this thread. Easy mistake to make - I've been called Tom once or twice myself.

... anyway, back to the plot.. /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

TOM SAWYER

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>TOM SAWYER wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

Line 4 Cakey where it says -------EG ! I tried to make allwance for you being a southerner /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

well we can`t argue with that Tom--- I like a sense of humour </blockquote>

TOM SAWYER

Reaction score
Ha ha , welcome ED, wanna ref this? /forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif OH , and leave TREV Sawyer outta this,grrrrrr

JIMMY---PAAS

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Tom I mean Trevor; Please keep Fred out off this........../forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

The Monk

Reaction score
I`m confused now/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif, lets start again

Mark Hewitt

Reaction score
I'm lost now..

Been looking for a new fly rod.........but haven't set a budget

Where do I go for advice????

TOM SAWYER

Reaction score
Hehehe.

It happens when you hit 50, I should know-------

For Paul, I updated my profile, I hope it amuses you /forum/smilies/eye_rolling_smiley.gif