Wild mammals spotted whilst fishing

N

Nobby C

<u>Corrie, East Enders, Emmerdale et al -biggest load of bullshit I have ever seen in my life and Emmerdale is an insult to true Yorkshire people!</u>

<u>To have a soap depicting Scousers nicking hubcaps would be more truthful.</u>

Do you take a telly when you go dangling???/forum/smilies/confused_smiley.gif

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)

No, but for diverse reasons and not wanting to be rude, when staying in other peoples houses I have often been told "Shut up, sit down, it's on".

Usually by some bloody woman.

It's the women that go ga ga for these ridiculous programmes.

Reminds me in another way of "Panum etcircenses".

N

Nobby C

Were you fishing in said houses, and are the women wild?

This is getting intriguing Ron

E

EC

I was of course referring to the usual, precitable, boringscouse jibe and Ron's inability to come up with something uniqueof his own, just as predictably Ron dodged that little bit in his response.

Nice to see you are back to your old self though Ron.

Getting back to the thread, again, I saw a Water Rail last autumn at a local mere.

In other wildlife newsI moved one ofour nesting boxes today, from the fence facing the lawn tobehind the shed, no interest this year so far. None of the 'yokel' garden birds have got on the mixed seed yet either!

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Ron noted:
"Panum et circenses"

Mark said:
"Never mind the soaps; get out fishing"

But, maybe Ron is now fishing the 'Circus' with sandwiches in his basket?

Mark Wintle

Reaction score
Perhaps given a choice between Corrie and a diatribe on SA, the women know which one they prefer...

eddie,

We've got plenty of water rail; it's spotting the shy blighters that's the problem! The best time has been when there's a few inches of snow but that occurence has been very rare for many years down here. They seem to melt away before you see them and don't venture out of the reeds until you've gone; talk about being watched...

The Monk

Reaction score
yes thats right, ice on the water usually helps, the last water rail I saw was under the M6at Thelward Viaduct

E

EC

<blockquote class=quoteheader>Mark Wintle (ACA) wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

.... They seem to melt away before you see them and don't venture out of the reeds until you've gone; talk about being watched...</blockquote>

So true Mark, the little rascal was doing a balancing act amongst some reeds, I literally turned round, picked up my camera, and he was out of sight.

No problemI thought, it was only a small bunch of reeds I'll easily find him for a quick snap.

2 words: Nowhere to be seen.

The Monk

Reaction score
yes it really is amazing how these things just disappear, iots definately an art form

Mark Wintle

Reaction score
Maybe we need an xray lens for seeing water rail? I had one disappear into a small dense reed bed of 12ft by 4ft right in the lake's edge and I couldn't find it.

Another one crept up my side of the river - about twenty yards wide - then when 20 yards below me crossed over and picked its way through the edge of the reeds on the far bank.