Winter fishing

thames mudlarker

Reaction score
Nope, caught plenty of Stour roach - cdaa's trout sections hold plenty if you know how to dodge the bailiffs :wh

So what if I'm fifteen, I bet I've caught bigger fish than you. I've fished all the best big fish waters - monument, pavyotts, the avenue. I've even got a bait deal, I bet you haven't :w

Ps. It's "know all about" not "no all about". And it's "of course" not "of coarse" - like most of my peers, I can't stunt bad gramma. Y nut yous a spear chucker?

Der....it's not all about who's caught the biggest fish, very lmmiture, it's actually knowing how to fish that makes the difference,

15 years old, that figures, let me tell you something, I've been carp fishing for over 36 years, way before you were even thought of ( born ) I've fished some of the best and hardest waters in the country at that time, IE wraysbury no 1 and also catching famous fish like Mary's mate from wraysbury, a water that is around 140 acres, no small water I may add,

I've also been involved with the chub study group and again fished the lea valley for 28 years a river that is probably regarded as one of the top big chub rivers in the country and now possibly one of the hardest to fish,

Oh and not forgetting the numerous amounts of decent barbel from the kennet again before you were even born,

Pike fishing on the Medway with fish upto 25 1/2lb respectively

Also worked in the tackle trade on 3 different occasions over the years and 2 of these were managerial positions,

In the years when I was on wraysbury I was also a field tester for tails up baits,

it appears that your in the Canterbury club and probably fishing fordwich,
Yes I also know the water well and of course the stour upto Grove ferry,

Does this answer the very stupid statement that you've sarcastically put across,
You seem to forget that I've been around the circuit just a little bit longer than you and shouldn't state such rediculas comments stating that you know it all and that know one else knows nothing,

Yer gonna make yerself look very foolish indeed

Last edited:

Philip

Reaction score
Der....it's not all about who's caught the biggest fish, very lmmiture, it's actually knowing how to fish that makes the difference,

15 years old, that figures, let me tell you something, I've been carp fishing for over 36 years, way before you were even thought of ( born ) I've fished some of the best and hardest waters in the country at that time, IE wraysbury no 1 and also catching famous fish like Mary's mate from wraysbury, a water that is around 140 acres, no small water I may add,

I've also been involved with the chub study group and and again fished the lea valley for 28 years a river that is probably regarded as one of the top big chub rivers in the country and now possibly one of the hardest to fish,

Oh and not forgetting the numerous amounts of decent barbel from the kennet again before you were even born,

Also worked in the tackle trade on 3 different occasions over the years and 2 of these were managerial positions,

In the years when I was on wraysbury I was also a field tester for tails up baits,

Does this answer the very stupid statement that you've sarcastically put across,
You seem to forget that I've been around the circuit just a little bit longer than you and shouldn't state such rediculas comments stating that you know it all and that know one else knows nothing,

I dont mean to get involved but for someone who says its not about who caught what you do seem to want to throw your catch reports about !!!

I understand your fairly new to the site but I think once your here a bit longer you will see its a good bunch who have a bit of tounge in cheek leg pulling qlong the way. I dont think its too difficult to see its happening on this very thread.
There are some very good anglers on this site as well ..people we can all learn off regardless of how much experience we think we have. As I am sure you will know, no one will know everything, thats the great thing about angling.

Well done on Marys mate...probably my favourite looking Carp. What a fish & what a catch ! :)

Frothey

Reaction score

I've also been involved with the chub study group and and again fished the lea valley for 28 years a river that is probably regarded as one of the top big chub rivers in the country and now possibly one of the hardest to fish,

At least I can spel. Anyway, well done on the managerial jobs in the fishing trade, it's one of my life goals.

Anyway, loads get caught out of wraysbury looking at the catch reports. Looks like a bit of a runs water. I prefer harder waters like strawberry fields, the fish are always pressured because it's small, and bigger fish.

I might try wraysbury though, have they wised up to the chod rig yet as I've got some Korda ones I want to try.

Last edited:

Roto Fryer

Reaction score
If Mrmud been around that long he could probable keep up with SirPete ;) nothing new in wraysbury on the old cmex ticket :eek:

thames mudlarker

Reaction score
I dont mean to get involved but for someone who says its not about who caught what you do seem to want to throw your catch reports about !!!

I understand your fairly new to the site but I think once your here a bit longer you will see its a good bunch who have a bit of tounge in cheek leg pulling qlong the way. I dont think its too difficult to see its happening on this very thread.
There are some very good anglers on this site as well ..people we can all learn off regardless of how much experience we think we have. As I am sure you will know, no one will know everything, thats the great thing about angling.

Well done on Marys mate...probably my favourite looking Carp. What a fish & what a catch ! :)

Hi there fella,

Yes I can see what yer yer saying, I may be new on here but certainly not new to forums as a whole,
It's just very annoying when you get a 15 year old kid who claims to know it all and in fairness has probably only been fishing for all of 15 minutes let alone 15 years,
I personally don't like this kids attitude towards other coarse fish being thick and not having no respect for them and his words chucking them in the river behind and to let the otters not go hungry,
He seriously wants to try telling that to MP mr Martin Salter and see what his response would be,
It appears he's trying to sprint before he can barely crawl

---------- Post added at 10:53 ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 ----------

At least I can spel. Anyway, well done on the managerial jobs in the fishing trade, it's one of my life goals.

Anyway, loads get caught out of wraysbury looking at the catch reports. Looks like a bit of a runs water. I prefer harder waters like strawberry fields, the fish are always pressured because it's small, and bigger fish.

I might try wraysbury though, have they wised up to the chod rig yet as I've got some Korda ones I want to try.

Wraysbury may now be a little easier in some respects but I can assure you this certainly ain't no runs water, not a few years back it wasn't,

Being perfectly honest I found strawberry fields quite easy, not a runs water but is also not super difficult,
If anything I found it harder on the small Sutton at hone water and the old rail way lake which was known as johnsons and is now run by Chris lodgson of mid Kent fisheries being difficult at times.

And for the record I can spell pretty well thank you, I just often shorten, abbreviate and use my own words, it's called slang :wh

---------- Post added at 11:01 ---------- Previous post was at 10:53 ----------

If Mrmud been around that long he could probable keep up with SirPete ;) nothing new in wraysbury on the old cmex ticket :eek:

Yep quite agree and is the whole reason why it was difficult at times, a very large expanse of water with a very low stocking density, I only fished it for about 2 seasons and have never known it to be stocked, which is why what ever is in there are generally of a decent size and old warriors :rolleyes:

Last edited:

benny samways

Reaction score
What is a fifteen year old doing on a fishing forum?

Have you not heard of park benches, white lightening and fingering?

Youth. Wasted on the young!

Ps

I suspect Frothey has piles that are older than 15 but I'll play the game! Lolz. Bantz etc etc

thames mudlarker

Reaction score
Ummmmm...... Mary was a stockie.......

Even a 15yr old knows that.

Yea it is a stock fish but der.... All of the fish in there were stock fish at some time or other but the water after that hadn't been stocked for years,

Every water is stocked at some time or other :wh

thames mudlarker

Reaction score
He is an ex MP but his response would mean nothing anyway.

Kids are the future of our sport and should be encouraged.

Arh yea Martin maybe ex MP but he is an official of the National angling trust and am dam sure he'd have something to say along with a lot of other people's views on the matter :wh

You say kids are future of the sport, yea I absolutely agree there and I encourage as much as I can but do you think it's right for a kid to brag about not respecting fish and chucking them in streams or rivers because they don't want em in a carp lake and say at least the otters won't go hungry,

That is absolutely no way good angling, I have a good mind to get in touch with the officials of the Canterbury club and let them know exactly what is going on with there fish, oh and he's on about poaching the river behind bailiffs backs,

Any kid with this manner and attitude should have his membership stopped,
And he wants to fish wraysbury.....Jesus, I dread to think

Frothey

Reaction score
Don't take the Lords name in vain. I find it quite offensive.

I'm actually on floodwich at the moment, on the island and hoping the wind stays south easterly. What do you think the best rig for a se is?

thames mudlarker

Reaction score
What is a fifteen year old doing on a fishing forum?

Have you not heard of park benches, white lightening and fingering?

Youth. Wasted on the young!

Ps

I suspect Frothey has piles that are older than 15 but I'll play the game! Lolz. Bantz etc etc

Totally agree :thumbs:

thecrow

Reaction score
Arh yea Martin maybe ex MP but he is an official of the National angling trust and am dam sure he'd have something to say along with a lot of other people's views on the matter

Firstly its the Angling Trust national doesn't come into it,

Martin Salter could say something about it but who would listen, I suspect he would have nothing to say at all

---------- Post added at 18:35 ---------- Previous post was at 18:34 ----------

That is absolutely no way good angling, I have a good mind to get in touch with the officials of the Canterbury club and let them know exactly what is going on with there fish, oh and he's on about poaching the river behind bailiffs backs

I believe that everyone should be allowed to fish how and where they like, censorship only retards talent.

Frothey

Reaction score
It's funny how people don't get so worked up about ratfish being killed..... on another thread someone said khv was a good thing and ne'r was an eyelid batted.
I nail a few double figure bream to a tree and I'm the villain :confused: