Yet another debate!

T

The Monk

Caught my first carp on the pin mate, and you guys think you've got problems now, took me bloody hours to get it in and it was only 4lb (a black and amber). Ron's going to slag me off for this, but there's a guy who knows how to use a pin!

D

Dave Johnson

under 4lb line I tend to backwind. Most of my barbel are caught on a shimano with a good clutch which i now always use on 10lb + line. I do however slacken it at net time. they can still kick a bit!!!!!

S

Stormin' Norman

You've always got your drag to tight mr fumble fingers Johnson. How mant fish have you lost at the net?

J

John Howard

Back wind on light line but on any thing above 6lb BS its the clutch every time. I believe that back winding doesnt make the fish fight to take line so using a clutch tires them out quicker. Only once did I try backwinding and I had to let go of the handle the pain in my knuckles soon told me never to do it again.

E

Eric Hayes

I`ve only ever had carp to mid teen`s, but I always use the clutch I`m more used to Barbel and when a good one of them thing`s hooks itself I defy anyone to keep up with it on the back wind. My first double took about 30 yard on what I thought at the time was a tight clutch, I was using a medium/heavy feeder rod with a tip to middle action that I don`t think helped, now it`s always Clutch first then I let the rod(through action) do the rest of the work....

D

Dave Johnson

play em' hard Mr Fidler.....that is of course assuming you can tempt one to bite in the first place.......lol

sneaks off.......