Your Season - Good or Bad?

murv

Reaction score
Not a bad one at all really, plenty of nice chub throughout the Year and had Three Barbel in the last few days :w

It was a dismal start though, I spent hours and hours fishing for the large tench in a local river and had absolutely nothing despite lots of evening sessions and a fair few days of getting there at 3:00am and packing up at 8:00 to rush to work!

Finally gave up and moved to the lower section which is fast and streamy, flicked out a big lump of cheese for the Chub and instantly had a 4.5lb tench...
I honestly believe they've been washed out of the upper stretches during the floods as I'm sure I should've had one!

tesco value

Reaction score
It's been a good one, despite not getting out as often as I'd like.
I've tempted new personal best perch and barbel - two of my favourite species - plus my first big pike in some time.
I've had some fun sessions on the rivers and a couple of rod-bending days on commercials with plenty of decent carp, roach and tench.

red creel

Reaction score
Mixed season for me as regards to Tench it was by far the worst season i have ever had chasing them very little happening locally on my club waters.And what few fish came out seemed i poor condition, very worrying.By contrast the Barbel fishing was excellent a few multiple hauls and a new float caught PB to boot.Little did i know that the Kennet would get lower and lower as the drought took effect.

I had decided to pursue Roach,Grayling and Dace for the winter months but the Dace and Roach part of the plan never really took off for me.As ever the Grayling were obliging on the Lambourn and i equalled my PB for the species on a trip to the Itchen in January.

The last couple of months have been spent chasing Perch on the K&A canal and Chub on the Loddon with mixed results.One other notable highlight was attending my first Fish-In at Marsh Farm, was a very enjoyable day if a somewhat damp one!

barbelboi

Reaction score
"Somewhat damp " hardly does it justice. :eek:

Despite that I enjoyed MF too.We should do that again.

Yep, hopefully there will be another organised MF fish in - if not I'm sure there are enough of us that could agree on a certain day/date before June/July and just turn up and buy a ticket. (Also, if there is enough interest Steve would probably save enough pegs on Harris for us)
Jerry

andreagrispi

Reaction score
Not a bad season really.

Tench to 9lb 7oz
Bream to 14lb 12oz, 36 over 10lb
Some good river roach to 1lb 10oz, loads of chub but none over 5lb. Some nice barbel bags, a few good carp and a few eels to over 4lb.

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
A slow Summer but things improved greatly as Autumn arrived. Highlight of the year has to be the 7:03 Thick Lipped Mullet from Christchurch Harbour, it'll be a long time before I forget that one.

Enjoyed some very good Barbel fishing from the Severn around Worcester and although failed to find a Zander, I did have a couple of spirited Pike.

The late season Chubbing down on the Dorset Stour was excellent with a few 6's, the best going 6:11, virtually all on the centrepin/float combination.

Might try a few still waters now but have already got the fly gear out.

geoffmaynard

Content Editor
Reaction score
Not a bad season really.

Tench to 9lb 7oz
Bream to 14lb 12oz, 36 over 10lb
Some good river roach to 1lb 10oz, loads of chub but none over 5lb. Some nice barbel bags, a few good carp and a few eels to over 4lb.

Urgh! There's a lot of slime there. You ought to open a wallpaper-paste shop!
:)

watatoad

Reaction score
A pretty good season all in all great fish no really terrible weather lasting for weeks and weeks so I have no complaints. Very good and successful.

flightliner

Reaction score
Some biggish Tench early doors on wag n mag then some cracking bags of River roach on hemp n tares. Later on some big bags of barbel on the float, a somewhat dissapointing quest for big river roach thro the winter, tho some good ones -- they are getting bigger--, the quantity was down on last year.
But thanks to a nudge from one of north Sheffields top canal anglers some big redfins were had in north lincolnshire.
Some big chub towards the end along with some more barbel then closed things down with a big pike.
Oh! and a superb pb gudgeon ----

river_banksy

Reaction score
a very good season, a 7.2 chub from the warks avon, my 1st double figure barbel off the don and best a 3 pound perch also off the don all pbs

themyth

Reaction score
im yet to catch what im after,but the journey is very enjoyable,and thats what matters to me these days.