9lb Chub oh yea.JPG

Reaction score
lol true ?? i dont think so its not even 7lb like it says on hes other pic !!! i have put a 6lb 9oz chub on ere off the ribble av a look at mine ! mines well bigger then this liers chub !

Reaction score
I have fished with Matt Corker. He is rhomboid but the ointment is starting to help.

Since returning from holiday I have read a thread which pointed out significant inaccuracies in some newly purchased scales - this may be an explanation. (can't find a link)

I am really excited by the report of the 14lb chub from Lancashire - this could start another thrilling thread.

Nice chub - photo will go down well in some circles - (no clue to the venue in the background - althoug I've seen that bollard somewhere before) but not in others - holding fish so far off the ground isn't always such a good idea - seriously if it wriggled out of your grasp it would do a lot of damage to a fish

B

Bully

Ineresting point someone made earlier about holding close to you so you can really judge size and weight in pics.

On holiday, my son landed what I thought could be a 20lb carp (size 18 hook and 3lb line - he did brilliantly!). After the excitement I down sized to about 15lb, still a nice fish.

On looking at the picture I thought "blimey, its only about 10lb really". As he had no experience of larger fish (like his dad) he had it resting against his body. Now Baby Bully is 14, about 5'10. Imade a sort of template based on his size and where the fish was.....

......now its 25lb!!

No, it probably is in the 15 - 18lb bracket, especially as it was as thick as WoL, but it just goes to show how the perspective can deceive.

That chub is about 4lb IMHO.

P

Paul (Brummie) Williams

my cars bigger than yours! /forum/smilies/tongue_out_smiley.gif

Reaction score
Did Stuart win?<blockquote class=quoteheader>Bully wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

That chub is about 4lb IMHO.</blockquote>

Got to be the closest guess so far.

I bet the prize is to be kitted out from head to toe in Korum gear and let loose with 3 inch hooklengths in a banker swim on an un-suspecting Ribble 20lb'er...

Hat, coat etc...