9lb Chub oh yea.JPG

Paul H

Reaction score
Derbyshire: best beer, best cheese, best puddings.
9lb = approx 4 Kilograms, so about 4 normal bags of sugar.I'm 6 foot 1 with a hand span of around 9 inches if I stretch.

I'm sorry Lukebut that just isn't anywhere near the size of a 9lb chub, or even a 7lb chub for that matter. That doesn't mean it's not a nice fish though.
Dove_chub_02.jpg

9lb_Chub_oh_yea.JPG

My fish there is around the 4lb mark, about the same length as yours but is a little deeper bodied possibly.

Unlessyou were feeding tugsten putty boiliesof course.

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
I was with ****y on this one... until that post!

/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

Average Stour Chub- bit of fun /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

(with thanks to the regulars down there - in reality, if a big chub comes out down there, there'll usually be a previous photo of it sat on someones hard drive)

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
Having said that, real photos can also produce some apparently odd results.

6.03, 6.10 and 7.02 (which is which?): /forum/smilies/sarcastic_smiley.gif
IMG_1586_(1112_x_861).jpg

6.10.JPG

7.02.JPG

Reaction score
SCANKYDORSAL7LB08OZSmall.jpg

OH MY DAYS

bigchub.jpg

Thank you for sharing this post with me and directing me to this paticualr post so good to see such beautyful fish in all thier Glory.

great catch

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

Luke, ultimately its a matter for yourself to be convinced about but as good practice when taking pictures of all fish it is advisable to hold the fish nearer the body so issues of scale do not arise and also, and more importantly, this puts the fish at less risk of flipping out of your hands on to the ground.

On this picture it even looks as if you are leaning back making it very much more difficult to asses accurate size from the photo.

I am not sure if you are an experienced angler so forgive me but, did you on your new scales remember to both zero them before weighing the fishing and/or deduct whatever you weighed the fish in?

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

Now they are big chub but again held out towards the camera??

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Nigel(ACA ,SAA) wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>Now they are big chub but again held out towards the camera??</blockquote>No, Nigel, just "photoshopped" by the guys down on the Stour - bit of fun when they were bored! Have a look at the link for the context behind the images.

Reaction score
No I didnt zero the before weighing the fish saying this....... so i have just gone an weighed my landing net and it weighs 12 oz ......... now im guessing this would effect the weight of fish so do i now deduct the weight of the net ... to get the acurate weight of the fish.....

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Luke-Asher Hendin-Tong wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>No I didnt zero the before weighing the fish saying this....... so i have just gone an weighed my landing net and it weighs 12 oz ......... now im guessing this would effect the weight of fish so do i now deduct the weight of the net ... to get the acurate weight of the fish.....</blockquote>
maths not your strong point then?

Reaction score
What is all this photo shop talk all about...Its really is sad an pitiful that no one can be happy for another mans catch...I am starting to realise something about this website and some of its users are nothing more than a bunch of green eyed monsters that hate them self’s an every one ... so do they really love fishing or do they just love to bitch becoz they cant catch anything… and spend thousands of pounds on tackle an accessories with very little return I have only just returned back fishing about 6 months an I bet I caught more fish than these dumb asses that claim to be pros…. Please I think the two fish from Ringwood are out standing an happy he shared them with us.. so my message to you all is something my Grandad would say an it goes… if you aint got nothing nice to say.,..then piss off an say nothing at all…

Paul H

Reaction score
Derbyshire: best beer, best cheese, best puddings.
Dear me.

Luke mate, steady on there. The Photoshopped fish were digitally manipulated to look bigger than they are for a laugh by the people, or the mates of the the people who caught them.

They never presented them as genuine fish, it was a joke.

People are not having 'a go' and I've never met or spoken to anyone on here who's jealous (in a bad way) of anyone else catching fish. All power to your rod.

The point we are trying to make is that there is either something wrong with the scales you used or that you have not set them up accurately.

Would you not rather know how much your fish genuinely weigh when you catch them?

Gary Newman

Reaction score
Neil, I would guess that the middle one is the seven, looks fatter although looks smaller in the photos - I'm probably totally wrong.
Chub must be the hardest fish to judge from a photo, depends on the angle the fish is held at and I've had shots of the same fish where it looks massive in some and not that big in others.
I've found they can look very big when held with the head pointing slightly at the camera and the belly held out slightly towards the camera (so the fish is slightly tilted back) seems to really show just how fat the real big ones are.
Wouldn't it be nice if we could look at people's pictures and think what a nice fish it is rather than having to wonder about the size, would also make my job so much easier!

Reaction score
Just had your PM Luuke. Thought others on this open forum might like to read it:

"No its not i cant stand maths an dont like squares either Matt

so spody nerdy geek lookingpeople like you used to get beat up teachers pet"

Looke

You don't need to like maths or be a square to understand that if you weigh a fish in a net then the weight shown includes the net.

Anyway how the hell do you know what shape I am? I might be a triangle or sausage shape for all you know. That's like me saying that you're a total knob head, but I couldn't really qualify the total bit because I've never met you.

If you going to stick photos on FM and make such significant claims then plug your sense of humour in and be prepared for cynical remarks. There's no doubt it's a fine fish, but either the photo doesn't do it justice or you're taking the pi$$.

Gav Barbus

Reaction score
Nice one Luke you got em going now,good angling ,infact one of the finest displays of indoor angling I have seen for a while,almost on par with Lord and Baz.Top marks.

Gav Barbus

Reaction score
Matt this lad has clear potential make no bones about it he is talented,I particularly like the post from 12.10.Luke get in baitboxI am sure your skills will be appreciated.

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

Luke,I presume your landing net was wet when you wieghed the fish so you will need to take the weight of the water into account.