9lb Chub oh yea.JPG

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Luke-Asher Hendin-Tong wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>..It was caught in front of 20 other anglerswho were all surprised at its weights as initially I thought it was 7 lb when I first took it out of the water….After weighing we all said no way as the scales read 9lb 8oz </blockquote><blockquote class=quoteheader></blockquote>
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Luke-Asher Hendin-Tong wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>No I didnt zero the before weighing the fish saying this....... so i have just gone an weighed my landing net and it weighs 12 oz ......... now im guessing this would effect the weight of fish so do i now deduct the weight of the net ... to get the acurate weight of the fish.....</blockquote>

Luke, I'm seriously hoping this is a wind up, because it has certainly wound people up and is quite entertaining. If not, then so be it. Fishing for big chub is fascinating and when one is landed we should all celebrate it.

However, when a record shaking claim of two 9lb+ chub is announced, it will grab the attention of the fishing world and particularly those that chase the chub. In the world of the chub fisher, two such fish, evenat around 8-08/8-12merit absolute top billing.

You made a mistake with the weighing process, fine, who hasn't. But I'm sorry, I cannot believe of all the 20 anglers witnessing the catch/weighing, no-one said - "hang on check the scales/net etc..".

Reaction score
I cannot believe of all the 20 anglers witnessing the catch/weighing, no-one said - "hang on check the scales/net etc..".

Neil

Maybe there were no nerdy square types among them. Never one around when you need one.

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Gary Newman wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>Neil, I would guess that the middle one is the seven, looks fatter although looks smaller in the photos - </blockquote>

As it happens Gary, they're in weight order - "6-03" top (but my all time favourite chub pic)- so much for my random posting!.

pcpaulh

Reaction score
"20 other anglers"

Herons, Cormorents, Mink, Kingfisher, Otters, Turns, Rats or observing toddlers don't classify as anglers.

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Gav Barbus wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

Matt this lad has clear potential make no bones about it he is talented,I particularly like the post from 12.10.Luke get in baitboxI am sure your skills will be appreciated.</blockquote>

I just re-read this:
"but I have just been informed there is a 14lb chub that has been caught in Lancashire that is not fat looking but more lean an sleek looking…so the search continues"

A 14LB CHUB FROM THE RIBBLE! QUICK SOMEONE START A THREAD. HUNT DOWN THE PHOTOS. PUT UP THE BIG TOP. FIND A RING MASTER........

pcpaulh

Reaction score
Steady on lad, now you're just being sarcastic./forum/smilies/tongue_out_smiley.gif

Reaction score
No not at all no one said thing about weighing or deducting the weight or checking the scales.... May be some on should have…But all things pushed aside ….have you checked your scales as some of your fish look rather debatable ....hmmmm have you weighed your head recently to as I think its getting a bit too big I surprised you can fish a single swim…lol

GreyFox

Reaction score
/members/images/16498/Gallery/aaaaaaa_digging_another_hole_for_myself_r.jpg

Best stop Luke etc......

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Sorry Luke, it's a loverly chub, but it's no way 9.08!

Did you look at the weight the scales where registering when you took them out of the packet? Wet the net, hang it on the hook of the scales and wind it back to zero, it's easy. Try it with some various weights, first with a dry net, then a wet net.

Sorry mate, I think you made a big mistake with the scales and to claim it is 9.08 is why so many people have bothered to post on this thread.

Nice fish though.

Gav Barbus

Reaction score
Luke youwould get on well with my mate the Cod.Keep us posted with anymore whackers you may catch.
Matt class is that pure class.

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Luke-Asher Hendin-Tong wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>hmmmm have you weighed your head recently to as I think its getting a bit too big I surprised you can fish a single swim…lol</blockquote>

Funnily enough I did weigh my head once.I had been drinking heavily (not sure how much cos I didn't weigh it) and lighting farts (it was a family party after all). After all the fun I felt a little light headed. To confirm this I weighed my head and low and behold it was actually lighter than usual.

I often weigh myself before and after having a dump. Best way to find the weight of the dump (by something called subtraction).

*Did you know the flame from a lit fart burns with a green hue. FACT

Reaction score
Brigepal,

Hope you're still about mate.

Can you enable the 'EMAIL ME' facility via your profile, would be nice to meet up with a fellow chubber on the Severn or Teme next time you're in Brum.

Is Graham back off holiday yet? This thread needs a sanity injection /forum/smilies/tongue_out_smiley.gif

For what it's worth this 'chub' weighed 13lb or so...
Severn_Croc1.jpg

Bridge

Reaction score
matt does this method work accruately after devouring a bowl of 1 ton soup. and are you using the new fox stalker scales xxx bullshit model!!!!

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Kinn Ell!!!

Who's that nutter with a smile on his face?

The glove's a bit gay though.............in the pike world!

/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

I think the Boss is stillin Skeggy?

Paul H

Reaction score
Derbyshire: best beer, best cheese, best puddings.
I keep telling him about the 'gay' glove Steve but he just mutters something about the cost of manicures and something which sounded like 'nail art'?

I'm not sure what he meant but I also found a copy of the Pink-Paper hidden in his fishing magazines.

/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif