Aces vs Chavs 2009

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
OK Neil, put my mate John Macklin (Ace) down for a place and for breakfast as well if you please, do you want his peg fee or should I wait until his place is a definite? I will be seeing him today and I might just get him to join FM as well and that will secure his place - or will it?

---------- Post added at 09:07 ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 ----------

I see the Chavs are running scared already, tut! tut! we don't need ringers we usually win it easily anyway, experience wins over brashness every time :w

Grumpy Git @

Reaction score
Like Paul I was wondering whether I had such a thing as a cheque book, it's been such a long time since I had to write one. I think it's festering in a drawer somewhere. As soon as I find it I'll get one written and posted Neil.

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Mines written, just needs a stamp and it's on it's way Neil.

"Brashness" ?

I'm gonna have to google that, confidence springs to mind ;):D
Gawd, I'm settin meself up for a big fall.......

(Why aint there a nervous/gulping smiley?)

Never mind, come on the Chavs :)

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
It looks as though we are potentially up to 28 now (including Graham W. +1 and Mark H. +2) so it's looking good!

Still reckon Steve is borderline!

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
PAID (11) :
Neil M.
Steve S.
Graham M.
Sean M.
Fred B.
Peter C.
Scott W.
Graham W.
Slime
John McL.
Muffin

OTHERS (17) :
Nigel C.
Stick Float
Mark H.
Mark H's Dad
Mark H's Uncle
Cakey
John Macklin
Claudia
Peter J.
Grumpy
Steve W.
Morespiders
Paul H.
Ray C.
Trev
McMilligan
Andy N.

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Blimey, it's turning into a right Spewitt family gathering ;)

Borderline......pft!!! You're only as young as the woman you feel....
Be very careful if you reply to that! Wendi will be attending as official FM photographer, if that's okay with Graham and yourself Neil?

She'll aslo be 'running the boards' giving the Chavs all the info on what the Aces aren't catching :D

heathbryant45

Reaction score
Is that northern baccy thieving Spiders going??????

IF so i might have to come along to this if only to get back me baccy.

---------- Post added at 20:39 ---------- Previous post was at 20:37 ----------

and the only thing he holds the record for is being soooo oh very tight on his rolly he uses forceps to smoke the last 2mm of it.....

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Nice one Wol.

Did Spiders blagg a load of backy off you too? I gave him me last pack of skins cos he said he dropped his over the side of the boat! And his eyes popped out when he saw me extra slim filter tips!!!

Right, can we have no more Chavs entering please, I don't wanna have to put up with the stick they're gonna give me if I end up in their team! Old uns are are more than welcome though, well, as long as they're older than me ;)

I think Spiders might hold the record for the longest 'dew drop'?

Last edited:

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
Just for the avoidance of doubt and to nip in the bud any accusations of foul play, if I happen to weigh in something with a hint of spots about it, it will count as a "silver".

Recent practice recce's have revealed a hitherto unkown stock of these "silvers" (with spots) but be warned, they take a bit stopping as they head under the boards:

IMG_3022552x386.jpg

For the "Chavs vs Aces" Virgins, this is a taste of things to come ... all's fair in love and war and rule number 1..... my decision is final!

:wh

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Hmmmm....
They're getting bigger Neil, looks like a pb to me? Spill the beans, how heavy? Congrats by the way.

If you pull one of those silver spotties in at Clattercote I will strongly object to it going on the scales, the bbq will be fine, but not the scales ;)

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
Hmmmm....
They're getting bigger Neil, looks like a pb to me? Spill the beans, how heavy? Congrats by the way.

If you pull one of those silver spotties in at Clattercote I will strongly object to it going on the scales, the bbq will be fine, but not the scales ;)

Indeed they are Steve and yes this one is the heaviest so far at 17lbs 04oz also backed up by a tiddler @ 14lb on the same day!. Good result for about 6 hours of fishing where I actually only cast to about 5 fish all day (its a strange world!).

These tame pellet fed rainbows are just so easy!

;)

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
The most heinous of crimes is to weigh a spotty in at the end of a match, the second most heinous crime is putting them in there in the first place.

Ivan would turn in his grave at the sight of one of those nuisance fish in a weigh net. Weigh them in? Perish the thought!

Rule 14 of the chavs v aces matches states that anyone weighing in or attempting to weigh in a trout will be punished by making the culprit pay for the first round in the pub afterwards.

You have been warned

---------- Post added at 10:41 ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 ----------

This rule may be negotiable if I catch one! :p