Another Good Stretch of the Trent Ruined

L

Les Clark

On the club waters that I fish there is very little litter becouse the rule`s state ,clear up your litter and anybody else`s ,if you don`t your barred for life ,very simple but it works .

D

DANIEL SMITH

it all comes down to this in my book ,
all anglers should do there bit and take there crap home after a session.
not hoy it in a bush or up the bank angling in general gets alot of flack so if anglers see gimps disgarding rubbish they sould report it to angling clubs who run the stretches a.s.a.p i know its not that easy i to am in favour to handing out a kicking to those who dont care but theres not a grate deal we can do about it just put are point accross to those who mess things up for anglers like us,and then when told to lump it resort to placing the objects disgarded down there throuts with enough force to warrant an assault charge what say you on this matter?

D

DANIEL SMITH

I KNOW THE STRETCH MENTIOND AND FOR A FEW SESSONS NOW ITS BEEN A SLEEPING BOMB WAITING TO GO OFF ALL BECOSE A FEW ANGLERS DONT GIVE A DAMB MAINLY BARBEL ANGLERS IM A BARBEL FAN BUT I WOULDNT DREAM OF UPSETTING LAND OWNERS AS THEY PROVIDE ACCESS TO STRETCHES OF WATER OTHERWISE UNREACHABLE OTHER THAN BOAT, SO THOSE WHO DISCARDE RUBBISH AND GET COUGHT DOING SO SHOULD THEMSELVES BE DESCARDED FROM OUR CHOSEN SPORT AND BE DONE SO IN SUCH AWAY THAT A MESSAGE BE SENT TO THOSE WHO WOULD HOY WASTE INSTEAD OF TAKING A FEW MOMENTS AND PLACE IT IN BAGS AND TAKE IT AWAY WITHEM.AFTERALL THEY TAKE IT TO THE BANKS DONT THEY!

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I know of one elderly chap who saw somebody dumping rubbish on one of the fishery carparks.
He collected it up and followed him home, and dumped it in his front garden.

Ian Whittaker

Reaction score
Dead simple.......
If theres litter pick it up,
Then there's no litter.
What could be simpler?

D

DANIEL SMITH

THERES NOTHING SIMPLER BUT THE LITTER ISNT THE FULL PROBLEM HERE! THE MAIN THING IS THE TOSSPOTS WHO DISCARD WASTE WILLYNILLY AND THINK SOD IT SOMEONE ELSE CAN PICK IT UP!
SO LETS START KICKING ARSE AND TAKIN NAMES MAYBE THIS MAY START TO GET THIS POINT ACROSS.... . . .TWATS LIKE THESE ARE GONNA RUIN ALL CHANCES OF DESENT PEOPLE ENGOYING ARE SPORT SO I DONT THINK ITS EVER GONNA CHANGE ANTILL WE MAKE A STAND.BUT THEN SOME PEOPLE ARE STILL GONNA MESS THINGS UP SOME WHERE DOWN THE LINE.

CAT

Reaction score
The relevant angling associations must start and take some responsibility for the actions of anglers that fish on their banks at night, it is sad that they always seem only to take the easy option and change the rules to suit, instead of doing something constructive to solve the problem.

Nothing will change unless it affects the right people, untill then Manny more stretches of good rivers will be limited to day permits only.

D

DANIEL SMITH

if something doesnt happen soon there will be no night fishing left for us along certain stretches of river!
and that realy upsets me and one or two others a dare to say.

B

BLAM

My club has a strict "litter and you're out" policy and since any rubbish found within 5 yards of your peg is deemed to be yours people tend toward tidyness.

However there are still those prepared to bend the rules and when they had one of those roving matches earlier this year it was noticeable that several, banker swims seemed to have off coloured toilet paper strewn about them.

Suffice to say the winner came from one of those swims and he seemed to have no problem with picking up the paper -insisting it was probably only mud!

CAT

Reaction score
Its one thing having no litter rules it is another enforcing them, good to hear that some one is doing it right!

Where is your club Brad? maybe Lincoln AA could have a training day on how to run a no litter policy instead of just shutting the door to decent anglers.

B

Billy boy Smiffy

how hard is it for anglers to hang a bag in a tree at the side of there peg for rubbish that can be removed at end of session? also so called barbel and carp anglers who cant manage to aim there boilie and pot noodle flavoured turds into a carrier bag or a pit to be buried as SOON as it has been layed,not left on banks 4 mr dog walker / bird watcher or even fellow angler 2 stand in need shooting repetedly in the face with a rubber bullet gun. and as for angling clubs having to clear up mess left by disrespectfull cretinous nob jockeying anglers, do u think many angling clubs can aford 2 do this? we all know the sad state some clubs finances r in ,mainly i think due to flagging membership caused by no-one fishing rivers anymore,most anglers now a days prefer to fish a hole in the ground for hand sized carp that they dont need a fishing club membership to fish for just day ticket money,sad innit??why cant anglers just pick it up?and in this day and age why have a fire?do these morons not realise how cheep and conveinient a gas stove is? you can even by gas bivvy heaters nowadays,clever tecnology init? its about time we as anglers sorted out our s**t and stood up to be counted,heaven forbid we could even just get along ,now wouldent that be a start??