Barbel Society vs Angling Trust

Fred Bonney

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Sam,im not entirely sure,but i take it your infering some protagonists on this thread are possibly 'bumping',to ensure continued higher profile viewing....that could be true in some instances,but the higher percentage of us,definitely me,cannot allow some posts to pass without reply,which i thought was one of the main points of a forum.....politico's eh,ha ha.:w

Quite right too!

Right I'm off to get my casters, if the begger hasn't sold them again!!

Cya later

Bob Hornegold

Reaction score
For fear of repeating myself, no hole Bob only putting right misleading information!

So in answer to your points.

1) As I've pointed out, it's my personal view/opinion,(which I am allowed I think) although I'm certain it will have agreement from many river anglers

2) You said, "We all know you can't use more than two rods on a river"

You have now qualified that, it isn't a National EA requirement is it? It's a local rule in some places. So your comment was only half of the story.

3) I don't know, if it was over 7 years ago, then no! So, whatever happened is old hat..as I've said, things change over time.

"BS should put aside the dispute with one of the previous organisations and join the Angling Trust."
I am not aware of any on going dispute!
Are you ?

Bearing old grudges Bob, won't progress angling unity!

Not certain about the point of your last sentence, but I know where my funds go too, I am a fully paid up individual member of Angling Trust as I was in it's original and better form.

------

Lovely :)

About Time.

Or is it -The Time is Right ?

:wh

Bob

Steve Pope

Reaction score
Hi Bob,

Everything in life is about timing!

Another point and one I suppose which goes to the root of my own point of view.

I like to feel that I have done something just a little more than paying a subscription and then leaving it to others, I've always been the same, some are doers , some are not.

These days we have a setup in place driven by Pete Reading but contributed to by members who can actually FEEL that they have helped out.

Its an important point and one which is often overlooked when talking about this type of thing.

Last edited:

Bob Hornegold

Reaction score
Well Done Steve,

Like John and myself, their are doer's and some who just sit back and bemoan the situation :)

Bob