Barbel days and ways, anygood ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jollyboy

Reaction score
Rewatched all 4 episodes of Days and Ways now -
Where did you buy all 4 from

That guide on the Teme going nuts about them being Teme Tigers...sorry mate, gorgeous river but those were small fish. Trying too hard to sell his river I think.

For me the river don't need selling and there are plenty of good fish in the River I assure you

thames steve

Reaction score
Jolly I bought them all direct from Bob on his site bobrobertsonline. I'm not sure what links are allowed etc but if you google that phrase it's the first site.

I'm sure there are crackers in the Teme - and judging by the stretches featured in Bob's films it does look a gorgeous river.

A

alan whittington

Trouble is,today's barbel fishing is so often just like carping,i mean,many baits are hair rigged,lots of pellet,boilie,pastes and rubber baits,very little gets put on a hook,even rod test curves are bigger now for barbel,than they were for carp when i started fishing,sorry for being off topic.:)

mark brailsford 2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
well thanks for the feed back lads but don't think I will be buying the vids as I have just finished reading Trefor wests book and I have been blown away by this mans knowledge!!!

mark

quickcedo

Reaction score
Mark, why not treat yourself? Book a days fishing with Trefor, he's still doing the guiding. I had the pleasure of meeting him last year and I can honestly say, he really is a top bloke.

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
I preferred the Stuart/Guy offerings but the point about The Royalty is well made. I know that area well, it's changed somewhat from when it was filmed but the particular swim(s) took quite a hammering (they do anyway) and the fish retreated further and further into the jungle of branches and roots on the far bank.

I and others had plenty of fish, didn't have to wade in to place baits, but there was a big element of hit and hold to get the devils out from under the roots.

Over the years I've had plenty of barbel from The Royalty on light gear and float set-ups but there are areas where you definitely do need a heavier approach.

I certainly find the "closer" DVDs more entertaining and interesting than the others but both series are good. I think I'll have to get them out again for another airing.

Bob Roberts

Reaction score
Where did you buy all 4 from

We're greatfull to those who have pointed out the glaring omission on my web site. How on earth could we have forgotten to have a button allowing customers to purchase all four DVDs in one go? Doh!!!! :eek:mg:

Anyway, we've listened. Indeed we've acted. You now have a 'Buy All' button.

Thanks guys...

Link:

And just because you've been so nice, check out this astonishing clip from the new project we're working on:

Link:

Titus

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I've got all four bought for me by my daughter. I've watched them once and although he is undoubtedly a very knowledgeable chap I personally find Mr Roberts presentation style to be a bit patronising. As a result they have been sitting in the cabinet for 12 months or more.

If anyone would like to purchase them I will accept offers by pm over £40+p&p.

Bob Roberts

Reaction score
Dear Titus,

At the risk of appearing patronising I'd love to try and help ease your disappointment with the films and my presentation style in particular by offering to purchase them from you.

I must say, despite my obvious failings to amuse you must value them very highly to ask £40 plus P&P second hand. After all, they are up to 3 years old now, so that's a remarkable sell-on price. Far higher than even I would have ever thought possible.

I've checked your profile but unfortunately you have provided no details of who you are and you appear to have no friends either, so, if you'd be kind enough to contact me via PM, my web site (Bob Roberts - Fishing information for the complete angler) or by emailing thebobroberts@sky.com I will to try and make you a little happier.

If you would kindly provide proof of purchase that we can check against our records (your sister's name and email address will be fine), plus your name so I can make out a cheque, then perhaps we can progress matters amicably. This does assume, of course, that the used DVDs are in pristine condition.

I appreciate this may seem unnecessary to you but reports have appeared on this web site and in private emails of bootleg copies being sold on markets, etc.

I do hope this doesn't inconvenience you unduly.

Oh, before I finish, can I just add that I happened to click the see all posts by 'Titus' button.

Boy, oh boy, you don't like Steve Pope, do you? Nor Fred Bonney, or indeed me. In fact every single one of your 18 posts have been attacks on one or other of us. Have you considered counselling?

Last edited:

Richard Easom

Reaction score
Dear Titus,

At the risk of appearing patronising I'd love to try and help ease your disappointment with the films and my presentation style in particular by offering to purchase them from you.

I must say, despite my obvious failings to amuse you must value them very highly to ask £40 plus P&P second hand. After all, they are up to 3 years old now, so that's a remarkable sell-on price. Far higher than even I would have ever thought possible.

I've checked your profile but unfortunately you have provided no details of who you are and you appear to have no friends either, so, if you'd be kind enough to contact me via PM, my web site (Bob Roberts - Fishing information for the complete angler) or by emailing thebobroberts@sky.com I will to try and make you a little happier.

If you would kindly provide proof of purchase that we can check against our records (your sister's name and email address will be fine), plus your name so I can make out a cheque, then perhaps we can progress matters amicably. This does assume, of course, that the used DVDs are in pristine condition.

I appreciate this may seem unnecessary to you but reports have appeared on this web site and in private emails of bootleg copies being sold on markets, etc.

I do hope this doesn't inconvenience you unduly.

Oh, before I finish, can I just add that I happened to click the see all posts by 'Titus' button.

Boy, oh boy, you don't like Steve Pope, do you? Nor Fred Bonney, or indeed me. In fact every single one of your 18 posts have been attacks on one or other of us. Have you considered counselling?

I have already tried purchasing the DVD's Bob via PM, I have had no reply......yet!

Bob Roberts

Reaction score
Now why doesn't that surprise me? :rolleyes:

I suspect you'll wait a very long time for that reply...

johnnyfby

Reaction score
Big fan of Bob Roberts and his DVD's and looking forward to his next episode be it be Barbel or any other fresh water species. I also find it strange how so many get the "keyboard warrior syndrome" when sat in front of their computer.
When writing post's think; "would I really say that in front of the persons face" if the answer is no dint say it.

sam vimes

Reaction score
Big fan of Bob Roberts and his DVD's and looking forward to his next episode be it be Barbel or any other fresh water species. I also find it strange how so many get the "keyboard warrior syndrome" when sat in front of their computer.
When writing post's think; "would I really say that in front of the persons face" if the answer is no dint say it.

Bloody matelot.;)

mark brailsford 2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
piggin hell!! what have I started here!
Anyway, Bob, just like to say that you always come over as a real nice bloke and not at all patronizing. I know I said I might not buy your DVDs but its nothing to do with thinking they are rubbish, its just that I tend to buy DVDs and only watch them once, so It is better value for me to buy books.

mark

Bob Roberts

Reaction score
Those details were posted on open forums by 'Titus' himself. They are in the public domain already and there for anyone to find if they wish to do so. I have simply repeated his own postings. Can't see where there's any harm in that, can you?

I cannot imagine a situation where I would create a persona simply so I could use it to slag someone off. Normal folk don't do that, do they? A decent web site wouldn't allow it, either.

However, if I were to do so out of pure malice then I would have to hold my hands up and say its a fair cop if someone exposed me for doing such a cowardly thing.

I have no respect for anyone who attacks me on a public forum from behind a pseudonym. If 'Titus' wishes to cry foul then he can do so. But have you noticed he's been rather quiet since he offered up the DVDs for sale?

By not responding to PMs from potential customers one has to assume the sale offer was fake in the first place, invented only for the purpose of turning away genuine customers.

For the record, I contacted FM last week about this matter. So far I've not even had an acknowledgement. What does that tell us?

xxxxxxxxxxhas the same rights as I or anyone else has to complain. Good luck to him. Maybe FM will listen to him, after all, a bit of conflict does wonders for the hit counter...

Last edited by a moderator:

Bluenose

Reaction score
You might well have a point Bob.

We had an issue recently with someone's details being given on the site without the knowledge of the individual concerned. They were quite upset and asked us to remove it. So, I'm being as consistent as I can.

jollyboy

Reaction score
Those details were posted on open forums by 'Titus' himself. They are in the public domain already and there for anyone to find if they wish to do so. I have simply repeated his own postings. Can't see where there's any harm in that, can you?

Bob has he posted them details on this forum under that username? if so just post the link to it.... If the details are off another forum etc there is nothing to say they are actualy the same person.

I am supprised you are rising to it and not above it....

Status
Not open for further replies.