Barbel days and ways, anygood ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob Roberts

Reaction score
Quote Fred: "A bit pointless the original post of mine being left here if the post it refers to has been moderated."

Funny how a response to a malicious poster is completely removed - not just the info the mod was uneasy with - yet the original post offering non-existant DVDs is untouched.

For the record I contacted FM last weekend and no-one there even bothered to acknowledge my message, never mind reply.

Seems its okay to use the site as a weapon to attack folk from behind pseudonyms. Must protect the troll's identity though. PC gone made, eh?

Come on Bluenose, you may as well moderate this one as well...

jollyboy

Reaction score
I cannot imagine a situation where I would create a persona simply so I could use it to slag someone off. Normal folk don't do that, do they? A decent web site wouldn't allow it, either.

I would be shocked if you did....

---------- Post added at 18:46 ---------- Previous post was at 18:39 ----------

I've got all four bought for me by my daughter. I've watched them once and although he is undoubtedly a very knowledgeable chap I personally find Mr Roberts presentation style to be a bit patronising. As a result they have been sitting in the cabinet for 12 months or more.

If anyone would like to purchase them I will accept offers by pm over £40+p&p.

Bob is the the only offending remark???.....Take a look at the Robson Green thread:wh

sam vimes

Reaction score
Bob,
I'm puzzled. As you seem to detest various forums, why on earth do you bother with them?

P.S. don't presume this is an attack on your good self but if you want my real name I'll happily provide it. However, it's not a name you'll know and, while I'm aware of the various spats going way back, I've never been involved on one side or another.

Bluenose

Reaction score
Quote Fred: "A bit pointless the original post of mine being left here if the post it refers to has been moderated."

Funny how a response to a malicious poster is completely removed - not just the info the mod was uneasy with - yet the original post offering non-existant DVDs is untouched.

For the record I contacted FM last weekend and no-one there even bothered to acknowledge my message, never mind reply.

Seems its okay to use the site as a weapon to attack folk from behind pseudonyms. Must protect the troll's identity though. PC gone made, eh?

Come on Bluenose, you may as well moderate this one as well...

I've told you in the pm Bob. Hit the 'report post button' for anything that offends and we will respond as consistently as possible.

I've told you in the pm Bob. Mods do not get emails, we get pms and reported posts only.

I have no need to moderate this post Bob, it's not got personal or nasty. However, I will protect an individuals identity and personal details to the best of my ability as stated in my previous post.

Last edited:

Simon K

Reaction score
I've got all four bought for me by my daughter. I've watched them once and although he is undoubtedly a very knowledgeable chap I personally find Mr Roberts presentation style to be a bit patronising. As a result they have been sitting in the cabinet for 12 months or more.

If anyone would like to purchase them I will accept offers by pm over £40+p&p.

Just sounds like an honest opinion to me.

Like saying "I find Robson Green a bit irritating and smug".

Storm in a teacup. :rolleyes:

Doesn't everyone find it's their personal reaction to a programmes presenter(s) that defines their enjoyment, or lack of?

I can watch anything by Attenborough and nothing by Irwin. And so on. ;)

jollyboy

Reaction score
Just sounds like an honest opinion to me.

Like saying "I find Robson Green a bit irritating and smug".

Storm in a teacup. :rolleyes:

Doesn't everyone find it's their personal reaction to a programmes presenter(s) that defines their enjoyment, or lack of?

I can watch anything by Attenborough and nothing by Irwin. And so on. ;)

When someone asks for feedback for me it should be a propper representation rather than a gloss over...... otherwise you under mine the possitive things added....Fact of the matter this may have been a personal dig what I am saying is if it was just left as is and the bait was'nt taken then this thread could have developed into something of value not only to the person asking the question and others looking for themselves....but even Bob himself..... would it not be better all round to just clear this thread up and even leave this post from Titus in and let the informative thread roll on?

Simon K

Reaction score
I think it's up to the individual whether they provide a positive or negative comment/review as long as it's not libellous, it's for the reader to make up their own mind based on the opinion(s) provided.

Why should anybody sanitise their comments if that's what they feel?

Any reasonable and progressive producer of goods &/or services should be more interested in the negative comments as a means to refine their product to appeal to more people in the future.

It's simply common sense and good business sense.

Fred Bonney

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Well, you know him from the barbel site, if not by his real name(now) certainly in the past by his similar name of Titus Adacus before the changes ruling out his many guises.

Last edited:

Bob Roberts

Reaction score
Whilst I may disagree with the editing of my post revealing the identity of 'Titus' on the grounds that he was being completely disingenious and be fair, I was revealing nothing that was not already placed in the public domain by himself.

I do however think you should at least be aware of why he's taken this opportunity to cause trouble and then make your own judgement on whether the opinions he holds about me and the DVDs has any validity.

One has to ask whether the DVDs he claims to want to sell actually exist. He's not on our customer list and enquiries about them have met with no replies.

Titus (not using that name of course) was blocked from posting on my web site back in March because of his caustic and abusive nature. Obviously this still rankles.

Here's the link. The comments beneath the blog are quite self explanatory.

Feel free to read it and tell me if you would have banned him.

Anyway, no point in debating further as this is exactly what he hopes for.

Last edited:

Bluenose

Reaction score
There are several points raised there Bob so I'll respond to each. If I've taken anything out of context please feel free to point it out.

"Whilst I may disagree with the editing of my post revealing the identity of 'Titus' on the grounds that he was being completely disingenious and be fair, I was revealing nothing that was not already placed in the public domain by himself."

I understand several members of the BS and other organisations have left their details elsewhere Bob, but we've had issues with personal numbers etc being placed on the forum. Attaching your number as a contact for a BS gig in a bona fide press release is something totally different to having a 3rd party copy and paste onto the forum due to a falling out.

"I do however think you should at least be aware of why he's taken this opportunity to cause trouble and then make your own judgement on whether the opinions he holds about me and the DVDs has any validity."

Bob, your history with Titus and the validity of any opinions matters not to me, sorry. The same goes for every other forum member. I gave up on trying to understand the issues behind barbel wars many moons ago. Scathing articles were once penned about the BS and its hierarchy, now those original differences seems to have been forgotten only to be replaced by more which I neither know or care about.

With regards to his opinion of the DVD, it's a fishing forum so tackle and such like is discussed. There is a recent thread whereby the worst bits of tackle are discussed. Do I censor that thread? Alternatively when others have in the past given positive tackle reviews do I squash them in case there is a bit of product bias or ask for proof of purchase?

"One has to ask whether the DVDs he claims to want to sell actually exist. He's not on our customer list and enquiries about them have met with no replies."

That's for you and your company to pursue Bob, not the part time unpaid mods here!

"Titus (not using that name of course) was blocked from posting on my web site back in March because of his caustic and abusive nature. Obviously this still rankles."

And of course the big positive is that you can post whatever details you like on your own site in response Bob, including those things you aren't allowed to post here.

"Here's the link. The comments beneath the blog are quite self explanatory.

Feel free to read it and tell me if you would have banned him."

I won't be reading it Bob as it matters not what I would have done. It's your website and ultimately your decision, which you appear to have made.

If/when problems spill over here only then does it become my concern. I'll finally add if any future posts are made that cause upset or offence please follow the usual procedure and hit the button.

Cheers

Simon K

Reaction score
Well, you know him from the barbel site, if not by his real name(now) certainly in the past by his similar name of Titus Adacus before the changes ruling out his many guises.

The barbel site? The one you're now banned from? :confused:

Well, regardless, I don't know the man, never spoken to him, he's never given me any grief that I can recall (nor I, him); so why would you presume I concur with your opinion of him?

Bob, at a guess, he probably wouldn't be on your customer list. If I rememeber rightly, he said in his post his daughter bought them for him. ;)

Fred Bonney

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The barbel site? The one you're now banned from? :confused:

Yes that's the one, sort of tells you something though,doesn't it?

10 plus years on this site, not once even hinted at a banning of me, because of my personal views.
No doubt something to do with a part of that moderation team with other influences, and not being as fair in it's dealings with the membership as the FM team are, and always have been?

The contents of this thread is nothing to do with YOU or how he may have personally dealt with YOU though. It's about an individual and his method of attacking individuals.

I'm somewhat surprised though, that you have not noticed his use of that site, as you certainly have/had a habit to nit pick anything else you have a chance to on there!:wh

Last edited:

jollyboy

Reaction score
One has to ask whether the DVDs he claims to want to sell actually exist. He's not on our customer list and enquiries about them have met with no replies.

Well I have a set of your DVD's also for sale and you won't find me on your customer list either Bob....another thing is I have had them for sale on here for a week now and no one has contacted me by PM but a few say they have tried to contact him about his....

Anyway, no point in debating further as this is exactly what he hopes for.

The voice of reason and what should be the end of the debate...If the Titas's whole intent in using this forum is to get at you any further with snide comments I am sure it will be met with the wrath of the Mods and members alike.

Simon K

Reaction score
Yes that's the one, sort of tells you something though,doesn't it?

10 plus years on this site, not once even hinted at a banning of me, because of my personal views.
No doubt something to do with a part of that moderation team with other influences, and not being as fair in it's dealings with the membership as the FM team are, and always have been?

The contents of this thread is nothing to do with YOU or how he may have personally dealt with YOU though. It's about an individual and his method of attacking individuals.

I'm somewhat surprised though, that you have not noticed his use of that site, as you certainly have/had a habit to nit pick anything else you have a chance to on there!:wh

I don't know what it tells me without the facts Fred. I have no idea why you were banned (or who did it), I just noticed it recently?
But perhaps the other moderating team are actually doing some proper moderating and you have friends on here who "look after you" beyond the call? No accusations here Mods, just playing Devils Advocate. :)

To balance that of course, you have been forced to delete some slanderous comments in your FM Blog, it seems to me? So perhaps there is a natural balance after all.

And since YOU were the one who told ME I should "know as well as YOU that the man's a ........" then I should say that part of it is most certainly to do with ME.

And you had no business in suggesting it on my behalf.

Why don't you do the decent thing and acknowledge that instead of changing the subject? :(

The reason I "nit-pick" with you on occasion is because you have a highly developed habit of denial and a vindictive nature to boot (e.g. Your Blog 10).

Without it, I wouldn't have to "nit-pick" to get at the truth. :rolleyes:

Bluenose

Reaction score
But perhaps the other moderating team are actually doing some proper moderating and you have friends on here who "look after you" beyond the call? No accusations here Mods, just playing Devils Advocate

Simon it looks more like you are stirring than playing devils advocate. To suggest we 'look after' anyone is total ****. The lads who moderate here, have put up with alsorts over the years, they do it for nowt in order to try and keep it quality of site that makes people like yourself visit each day. So give comments such as that a rest, please.

The reason I "nit-pick" with you on occasion is because you have a highly developed habit of denial and a vindictive nature to boot (e.g. Your Blog 10).

What's on Freds blog has no business here. If there is an issue sort it on his blog or use the PM, cheers!

Fred Bonney

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Actually Eddie he's talking about my Blog on here I think, where I have deleted all reference to a days "guiding" with an individual who actually turned out to be something different to when I originally placed it on this site.

So I deleted all reference to the day rather than give him free advertising. Nothing whatsoever to do with slander or FM moderation. Simon King now makes it up as he goes along.

I was banned because I was accused of Spamming, when I directed people off the site to answer the questions, rather than put up with un-moderated comments.

None of which I might add, were relevant or associated with Simon King!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.