SAC Juice Bait Activator

nicepix

Reaction score
Talking about bread for mullet Clive, I know you've fished Cyprus - off the rocks to Cape Greco (between Ayia Napa & Protaras) they are absolutely suicidal for bread - slightly different to over here...

I fish the opposite end of the island near to Polis and they are just as keen on bread there too. As are the bream. The locals use a sort of yellow paste that you buy in jars. Never needed it myself. Bread works fine. Must be the E Numbers stimulating their appetite ;)

flightliner

Reaction score
I like maggots. One of my best match weights came off the witham with a quart of sweaty, smelly moakes that had been left unopened for three days by accident!.

cg74

Reaction score
So CG74 i'm guessing as you had such a great experience using this additive, you will never be fishing without SAC juice again? I'm pretty sceptical of claims of a miracle bait doubling catches, particularly if it is based on a single session, or maybe you have used it a number of times? The results for a whole season's worth of comparative catches would be interesting to see.

Where did you get the idea that my opinion was formed from only one session? The chub and bream results came from 7 sessions (on rivers) and I used the chopped worms and maggots with shrimp Juice on 8 sessions (on stillwaters).

Of course there will be occasions when I'll go fishing without it but it'll definitely be an option for when I think it's warranted.

What my review offers is an insight into it's efficacy during winter, which even if I used it for a year, it'd only show the same period for winter; Dec, Jan and Feb.
(I'm assuming you meant a year when you said "whole season?)

Binka, have you ever used pellets or boilies?

laguna

Reaction score
Nothing is ever believed unless you have first hand experience, I guess you cant argue with that.

Much easier to believe a cynic... so it made sense for us to ask one to trial and who better than Colin Gordon?
As you may know, he is the "best" and pulls no punches - he is truthful and honest and forthright in his opinion, you simply have to respect that. Christian Barker too, he has always been open to experimentation and an obvious person to trial, experienced in using natural critters and natural flavours, another honest and gifted angler, he has trialled for longer probably over 2 years now and is still using it.

The only audible critique heard is from those who have never tried it... its not a wonder bait or anything, its not the latest super duper must have and you will NOT catch fish that aren't there - but if confidence is lacking its because the market is dominated by additives that sometimes work and sometimes don't. SAC juice is the only additive on the market that is 100% natural, its been there all this time right under our own noses... natural designed to catch fish, pointless smelling it, pointless tasting it (detectable by the fish not the angler).

A question once posed by Christian; what does a lob worm smell like?

I don't know but they continue to work - natural is the very ethos behind SAC juice. Contains all 10 essential amino acids that fish require... that's the difference between a lob worm and one dosed with SAC juice - its 'activated' - not adulterated or artificially enhanced with flavour or hype.

daji

Reaction score
Where did you get the idea that my opinion was formed from only one session? The chub and bream results came from 7 sessions (on rivers) and I used the chopped worms and maggots with shrimp Juice on 8 sessions (on stillwaters).

Of course there will be occasions when I'll go fishing without it but it'll definitely be an option for when I think it's warranted.

What my review offers is an insight into it's efficacy during winter, which even if I used it for a year, it'd only show the same period for winter; Dec, Jan and Feb.
(I'm assuming you meant a year when you said "whole season?)

Hi cg74,

yes having re-read you're article i stand corrected. Initially i read the trial as being used once on a river and once on a still water but now see thats not the case. I would indeed like to see results such as catch weights for a whole year with and without SAC as i find statements such as 'doubling' the catch rate a little flimsy. As somebody previously mentioned i am probably skeptical due to the number of other similar product claims out there. Thanks for replying ;)

chav professor

Reaction score
definitely bring up a valid point... skepticism and outlandish claims....

I have a list of things that I would suggest have a positive impact.... most are natural!

garlic, fennel, thai 7 spice, chinese 5 spice, chilli, tuna oil (awesome for bream - they love it), anchovies, salt, betaine, van den eynde 'roach', archie braddocks red surprise, floral surprise, SAC juice.......

In some instances - the addition of an additive has more than doubled expected catches... maybe even far exceeding expectations. Happens too frequently to write it off.......

Last edited:

rubio

Reaction score
My current favourite from the shops is coconut milk powder, sprinkled on liquidised bread. I can't be sure whether it has helped or hindered for sure but I like the extra cloud and scent trail.

cg74

Reaction score
Nothing is ever believed unless you have first hand experience, I guess you cant argue with that.

Much easier to believe a cynic... so it made sense for us to ask one to trial and who better than Colin Gordon?
As you may know, he is the "best" and pulls no punches - he is truthful and honest and forthright in his opinion, you simply have to respect that. Christian Barker too, he has always been open to experimentation and an obvious person to trial, experienced in using natural critters and natural flavours, another honest and gifted angler, he has trialled for longer probably over 2 years now and is still using it.

The only audible critique heard is from those who have never tried it... its not a wonder bait or anything, its not the latest super duper must have and you will NOT catch fish that aren't there - but if confidence is lacking its because the market is dominated by additives that sometimes work and sometimes don't. SAC juice is the only additive on the market that is 100% natural, its been there all this time right under our own noses... natural designed to catch fish, pointless smelling it, pointless tasting it (detectable by the fish not the angler).

A question once posed by Christian; what does a lob worm smell like?

I don't know but they continue to work - natural is the very ethos behind SAC juice. Contains all 10 essential amino acids that fish require... that's the difference between a lob worm and one dosed with SAC juice - its 'activated' - not adulterated or artificially enhanced with flavour or hype.

I can't argue with that. :)

Hi cg74,

yes having re-read you're article i stand corrected. Initially i read the trial as being used once on a river and once on a still water but now see thats not the case. I would indeed like to see results such as catch weights for a whole year with and without SAC as i find statements such as 'doubling' the catch rate a little flimsy. As somebody previously mentioned i am probably skeptical due to the number of other similar product claims out there. Thanks for replying ;)

Daji, I wholly accept and understand your cynicism but there is little chance of me field testing and detailing any product as extensively as you want.

I've stated my findings (so far) and I am very happy to recommend it as an individual with no vested interest; take it or leave it, it's up to you.... :)

chav professor

Reaction score
To keep it live.. happy to post todays catch on maggots coated in Pineapple SAC juice and dusted with Pineapple SAC powder. Look carefully, should see some of those breamy chubby things....

DSC_2459_zpsb78fdf3b.jpg

DSC_2454_zpse735fbf7.jpg

nothing massive, but bite a chuck......

barbelboi

Reaction score
Phew, I had to look twice there - thought it was a certain Mr James 'fishing for shad' for a minute. You should have the decency to warn of facial appearance changes Chav....;)
PS Simon (Peter Crabtree) and I had well over a hundred quality roach on plain old caster/hemp from a local pit during a 5 hour session last week.........:D

daji

Reaction score
:D you guys are shameless!

anyway, a quick question for Chav. Why the need to use both SAC juice and powder on the maggots?

Last edited:

sam vimes

Reaction score
Chris, Christian or Colin,
a quick question for one or all of you. Once your maggots have been dosed in the juice/powder, do they still keep beyond the session concerned?
Are you feeding dosed bait or just fishing them on the hook amongst plain feed maggots?

chav professor

Reaction score
:D you guys are shameless!

anyway, a quick question for Chav. Why the need to use both SAC juice and powder on the maggots?

Hi daji, thanks for the question.... the original concept was a soak and coat - hence SAC juice. The liquid helps the powder adhere. I think this could have prompted a mini article.... some good things you can do with the SAC juice....

Pickling maggots - otherwise known as 'Crispy Maggots'..... freeze/thaw glugged dead maggots... dipping, glugging, 'krilling', soaking and coating...

the strawberry SAC powder is actually quite pungent... it flavors and degreases...

---------- Post added at 13:09 ---------- Previous post was at 13:05 ----------

Chris, Christian or Colin,
a quick question for one or all of you. Once your maggots have been dosed in the juice/powder, do they still keep beyond the session concerned?
Are you feeding dosed bait or just fishing them on the hook amongst plain feed maggots?

just talking personally here... I coat half a pint or so at a time.... I have used a separate container for glugging 'hookers' (not on this occasion) or just giving the hook bait a quick glug...

laguna

Reaction score
SAC as the name implies is a system of "Soak And Coat", the juice allows the powder to adhere to pellets, boilies, maggots or what have you.

Although the SAC fruit powder is soluble made from real pineapple, strawberry etc. and smells divine (10g equals two punnets) and the predigested fishy powders smell like 'old grannies knickers' isn't so readily soluble as the juice, its used more as a visual aid to add attraction when fishing up in the water or just off bottom as tiny particles cascades down like glitter from a Xmas card.

Sam, the juice preserves but will kill the maggots/worms if you add too much. 10ml per pint is about right and makes them wriggle a little more as it absorbs through the skin - a bit like rubbing salt into the wound! :D

---------- Post added at 05:01 ---------- Previous post was at 04:52 ----------

Pickling maggots - otherwise known as 'Crispy Maggots'..... freeze/thaw glugged dead maggots... dipping, glugging, 'krilling', soaking and coating...
embalmed and mummified... krilled, preserved and smelly! :eek:

nicepix

Reaction score
Its all very complicated and scientific. This is Laguna making the SAC Juice (image taken from publicity images on his company web site.)

Jerry-Lewis-nutty-professor.jpg

barbelboi

Reaction score
I'm not saying another word - I've seen what happened to Chav's face when he got carried away and drank some.....................;)

nicepix

Reaction score
I'm not saying another word - I've seen what happened to Chav's face when he got carried away and drank some.....................;)

Chav only does short sessions. Look at Colin when he woke up at the end of a 72 hour SAC enhanced session...........

werewolf-21.jpg