SAC Juice Bait Activator

chav professor

Reaction score
It ain't that complicated... your average 14 year old child can describe the process of digestion and the role of enzymes.... real food components, treated with Enzymes operating withing a temperature range 36-38 degrees. Releases Amino acids - building blocks of proteins.

Glycerine? anti microbial action, preservative, makes oils soluble, resists freezing.

Me? don't really care...... initially intrigued, certainly impressed, invited to come on board in a very small way as an angler to trial and share my thoughts. Never been massively into bait industry - just want to enjoy my fishing and catch a few.

barbelboi

Reaction score
Fair enough, never let it be said that I would knock something without giving it a fair trial. Just drop a van load off at my house and I will act as a tester and give my unbiased opinion on how it compares to other baits on the Colne Valley pits and get back to you after a few years.................... well, there are an awful lot of ‘em and some are very, very big.......................

PS If anyone on the forum wants to buy any of this stuff on the cheap drop me a PM.............;)

cg74

Reaction score
Chris, Christian or Colin,
a quick question for one or all of you. Once your maggots have been dosed in the juice/powder, do they still keep beyond the session concerned?
Are you feeding dosed bait or just fishing them on the hook amongst plain feed maggots?

I only dipped my hookbaits in the powder. My loose feed and hookbaits were both dosed in juice, I never had any treated bait left over after my sessions.

---------- Post added at 21:07 ---------- Previous post was at 21:04 ----------

Chav only does short sessions. Look at Colin when he woke up at the end of a 72 hour SAC enhanced session...........

werewolf-21.jpg

Actually it was a 120 hour session!

chav professor

Reaction score
right... I'm taking a pike rod next time... I love it when 4oz becomes considerably heavier - especially when its on a snap tackle. Not so great when trying to put a net of fish together.....

DSC_24672_zps87878f68.jpg

rubio

Reaction score
A small dead will do it. They are extremely cautious of livebaits that don't swim straight. Also keep eye out for set lines again!

flightliner

Reaction score
I use flavours, attractors, enhancers, whatever people like to call them but always at the back of my mind they are more a confidence thing than anything that promotes certainty in the catching of fish. That said for years (and even now) I have been a user of good old plain table salt in my (some) baits.
Indeed, on the trent they have done me very well(I think) over the years, particularly where bream have bee concerned. If ever they were presant in my swim and you wernt particularly fond of them you were like as not going to have a bad days fishing.
Last friday I fished for the second time in ten years a local commie and contrary to using flavoured baits I used mostly old maggots that were on the turn from a last visit of the season to the river trent in the hope of some barbel on the float. Nothing- even the guys opposite sstruggled for nil returns using feeders and probably flavoured boillies and /or pellets. Back to the commie a few days later and those old maggots.
I was sat fishing with guys who in the main used pole n pellets but my day was equally if not better than many of them taking a number of small carp that finally reponded to a regular baiting regime,the waggler at range and like as not subtle changes in the weather and some fishy behaviouristic traits that maybe anticipated the coming cold snap that we rely on the weather girl for .
Nothing definable to say that flavours or otherwise do better on the day , simply that it may be better to keep an open mind,
one last observation on the subject tho, many years ago Bill Bartles, an older national angler once wrote of a day on the witham bream fishing with his old dad who was an avid taker of snuff. He reeked of the stuff and it was passed onto his bread paste bait used with a crowquill rig. Bill was a top man on the river but at the days end his dad beat him hands down with a big catch of bream.
food for thought.

chav professor

Reaction score
A great additive for bream is Tuna oil..... The X-Cite by bait tech.....

---------- Post added at 09:30 ---------- Previous post was at 09:25 ----------

Will add, salt is common to a lot of great baits - which suggests it may be a limiting factor in freshwater diet.... Like wise other salts (other than simple sodium chloride) and minerals.

Rock salt contains far more than simple table salt. However, the stuff used to keep roads clear of ice contain detergents and other nasties so be careful trying to go on the cheap, cheap.....