Ban on Hunting imminent?

J

John Hepworth

Could only disagree with two or three on that list Ron.

To be a little flippant, there are some on this site who are, all by themselves, keeping the British Dummy manufacturers in profit.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Jeff,
One of the benefits to come out of this last 5 days is that is has become apparent that the Home Secretary is incapable of instituting the procedures and policies to protect not only our Royal Family but also the members of the House of Commons.

Maybe the gentleman might consider tendering his resignation?
After all that would be the right thing to do.

Yeah, right Peter - Dream On!!!!!

J

John Hepworth

Apparently the security inside the Palaces of Westminster has nothing to do with the Home Secretary.
When I went to Buckingham Palace in 1997 with my wife to collect her O.B.E.(thought I would get that in)security was almost non existent. The family in the car in front of us had forgotten to take the parking pass, or any other documentation, but were let through without any checks being made. Once through to the inner quadrant there was no security what so ever, except for having to leave any mobile phones and camera's at the cloak room - and that was it.
Mind, it was only Charlie doing the work that day, apparently Lizzy was throwing a sicky with Delly Belly having just returned from India.

N

Nigel Moors 2

The royals have had their day just like the fox hunters and their cruel practice. Why don't we do away with royal security and set the hunt with their hounds on them!?

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Inside the Palace of Westminister you are correct John.

However, to get inside one has to start from the outside, which is most definitely within the remit of the Secretary of State for the Home Department.

The security at Buckingham Palace was indeed quite lax prior to 9/11. I wouldn't want to try getting in there today without full accreditation.

The point is, that in the past few days there have been 2 major breaches of internal security which is, again, one of the main remits of the Home Secretary.

Like I said, a gentleman would be writing his resignation as we speak :)

J

John Hepworth

Anyone can enter,especially if invited. But then they had intimate knowledge of the place, and had ample time to change their clothing, which would suggest they had been given privileged information. I just wonder who, and what type of person, would have wanted to compromised the security of the Nations seat of Government. When the Inquiry is complete, which should be within two weeks, I just hope those responsible will be made an example off, whatever their position.

W

Wolfman Woody

I'm waiting to hear what these 5 protestors (or was there more?) are going to be charged with. It can't be trespass since they were in a public place and they didn't cause any damage so it's not aggrevated trespass. They didn't threaten anyone with violent or land a blow on anyone so it's not assault.

Any ideas?

The main core of the anti-hunt are themselves hunters. Hunters of people! When they have put the hunting lobby down for good they will turn to another sport or group and it might well be anglers. All they want is to stay active and their goal - to stop their target from doing what they want and are legally entitled to do right now. To them lobbying and protesting is the sport just as winning elections is the sport of politicians.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Well, to start with Jeff they woke up at least 4 of the 20 or so members who were present in the house at the time :)
b.t.w. where was Teflon Tony at the time?
Oh, I know, back home for his wife's birthday party.

That was distancing himself enough I would wager!

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
I sincerely hope not Ron.

Consider that this Bill was deemed to be of such great national importance that the government were prepared to put all the readings through in one day, and use the Parliament Act to brush aside the House of Lords?

The mind boggles.

I do hope that the absentees were "paired" at least!

R

Ron Troversial Clay

It is a bloody shambles Peter.

On a vote as "important" as this one, why didn't 105 members vote?

It makes you think, don't it?

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
In my opinion,
We have nothing to fear from the anti angling brigade.
Our biggest threat, will come from imigrants.
I am not being predjudiced or racist, it has been mentioned in the A.T. this week.
They are catching and eating our course fish, or catching and selling them on for food.
This has been happening for a number of years now,and it will get a lot bigger. The joke is that fishing organisations have been told that we must help these imigrants in showing them how to catch the fish in the first place. (to make them feel welcome)
So forget the anti's, and get down to the real problem.
Rivers for instance need to have the close season done away with. Because while anglers are not there these people will be.

J

John Hepworth

'Pairing'Ron.
The odd one?(probably a Torie)would have been spending more time with some others famaily

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

All I can say is ..The ban on fox hunting certainly won't stop me from going ....

M

Mel Crighton

So when is Football going to be banned , can you imagine it ,3/4of the population against the government there would be a civil riot,

R

Ron Troversial Clay

Football banned!!

That would really delight me.

People would have to learn to converse about intelligent subjects. Imagine the bliss of no silly kicking a bag of wind around on TV. Imagine a peaceful Saturday afternoon in your town without having a load of pissed-up, tattooed, peanut brained skinheads dressed in silly shirts creating mayhem and causing police to be taken from normal duties.

And no more Becks. And even better, no more Fergie or Sven.

Wouldn't it be a lovely world?

Without football.

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

There is nothing wrong with football(the game) itself ---its the grossly overpaid prima donnas that are the problem-they get paid that much that they think they are above the law and can just buy their way out of, and into, anything and anywhere they like...