barbel on the pole

• Thread starter DANNY BOY SMITH
  • Start date

CAT

Reaction score
Danny Boy quick question mate, so being as your the river pole barbel master will you be showing us your river pole fishing skills on the Thames fish in?
I think you should do a demonstration as i for one would love to see your pole prowess, lol

Jonathan Whitham

Reaction score
Seems like we need a new thread called "Casting Skills". Can't say I'm anything special in this department so maybe someone with some additional knowledge could lead? This is a serious comment, not a jibe - please help if you can (remember - I don't own a pole!!!).

D

DANNY BOY SMITH

cat in return to your jibe i would love to demonstrate ones pole skills but am gonna bow out as I'm taking enough tackle as it is to the Thames and gonna have to keep a watch full eye on my dog (Shep) . lol

Jonathan Whitham

Reaction score
On second thoughts what we need is an article. Come on guys - I'm eager to learn (if only for financial reasons - losing all that tackle etc!).

marshall mathers

Reaction score
so danny boy has to have somebody at home watching mrs danny boy when he goes fishing does he? id like to have a go please?
whens the thames fish-in cos id love to show you all.

D

DANNY BOY SMITH

show us all what ?
how to cut the head of a carp? and whats this about having someone watch the misses?
don't need to just lock her in the garden shed till i get home!

D

DANNY BOY SMITH

mm feel free to have a go you can meet my dog Shep at the Thames sign in to jonny he will do the rest kid!.
but be warned the dog is very protective so don't ware the mask!

D

DANNY BOY SMITH

here's one for you Mather's,
barbel on the bomb! all you need is a good quality fertiliser some brand sugar a little additive of your choosing mix place in suitable container fuse light float hay presto BOOM! :-0 .....:) LOL

marshall mathers

Reaction score
mean while danny boy talks, but nothing comes out when he moves his lips just a bunch of jibberish!
come on lets hear how you catch barbel on the pole, "noddy".

fishy pete

Reaction score
Marshal,why did you feel the need to superimpose picture of carp on your photo young'un?
surly if you live near the mighty river trent you would have a few decent photos
of carp/barbel you have caught there?
infact if i remember rightly you stated that you and your family fish there all winter for predators?
why also the barraclava? are you wanted for crimes of chavdom?
perhaps a bit of shoplifting?or muggings?
or perhaps your just a twocker?

or are you a member of the taliban?

D

DANNY BOY SMITH

i have sussed you!
and read back through this thread NUMPTY.
HOWS THE MISSES AND BY THE WAY HOWS THE BACK!

marshall mathers

Reaction score
so hows danny boy? misses fine/back f*&$"d im still waiting for a microdiscorectomy to put it right!
still think im ready for fishing again though.

marshall mathers

Reaction score
he's still himself - a beer junkie!
im trying to get some work sorted, cos she's gona end up in the trunk of my car, in a bag. if i have to stay at home any longer. or get down to local waters n do a bit.

fishy pete

Reaction score
magregors should start fishing well soon,carp well be moving about by end Feb mate well worth a look. might even join you.
if you contact council they may even give you a key for gate..........being as you are now classed as disabled

fishy pete

Reaction score
Danny boys just about to hatch out another sprog mate, still got a lot of catching up to-do though before he has got as many as you!