Bargains. Let us know.

Reaction score
I've just bought two cheapo feels off of eBay for lrf whilst on holiday,I know the blurb cannot be true,but at £5.99 each for a supposedly 12bb FD reel is worth a punt,let's be fair it they lasted for one holiday it's cheap,when they arrive I will post again.

Last edited:

Reaction score
Yes Mike,99.9% of small reels used for lrf are freshwater reels and need rinsing off and lubricating after every trip if poss,when I beach fished regularly I had three abu multipliers,a 6000,6500.ca and a 7000,these were cleaned,rinsed and oiled after every session,as I say at six quid a throw,six or seven sessions would be fair value,a couple of years exceptional,you don't strain them casting weight wise 5-12gms is the norm,the reels I went for are 500 size,to be fair 1000 size is as big as you need,I could have got I believe up to 5/7000,anyone struggling for cash and wanting to fish would struggle not to afford one,now the line lay may be rubbish,the drag is probably poop,but six quid is amazing,on the pictures they look impressive,I wait doubtful,but intrigued....

Last edited:

mikench

Reaction score
My trusty mini chopper from Lidl gave up the ghost and they didn't have a replacement so they gave me my money back.

I wanted a small unit which would only be used for liquidising bread and found a Ninja variant on the bay for £19.99. It's bigger and stronger than the mini chopper and chops up crusts as well. It can handle nearly a third of a loaf at a time.

Ninja 500W Master Prep Food Chopper QB800UK - Black, Red & Cream - CLEARANCE

Last edited:

John Keane

Reaction score
Just passed on what looked like a great bargain from Cash Generator. MAP Matchtek 13/17ft Commercial rod for £24.99. Seemed in great nick with a lovely, fine tip and it would do me for waggler and river trotting. However, closer examination showed a missing ring on the tip section. The rings had nice, metallic blue linings so I probably wouldn’t have been able to source a suitable replacement although an ordinary standoff single leg would have done it but I can’t be ar$ed to whip one on and do the epoxy, etc.

Reaction score
These cheap reels have come,look amazing for the £5.99 each,maybe they will call apart,who knows,I would post a picture,but am totally useless,if someone pm's their mobile I'll text a piccy over...

Last edited:

John Keane

Reaction score
These cheap feels have come,look amazing for the £5.99 each,maybe they will call apart,who knows,I would post a picture,but am totally useless,if someone it's their mobile I'll text a piccy over...

Haven’t had a cheap feel for years but it sounds nice!

Last edited:

Reaction score
Knickers,knackers,knockers....

Right,I've put line on them,the line lay isn't that good,but.....

Last edited:

no-one in particular

Reaction score
I am not sure these are a bargain but they looked really good so I bought a pair. Really big thick socks with a sort of fleece lining for £4 from Morrisons. I have thrown away the packaging and I cannot remember what they were called but they have UC8 on the socks (red and black package). They boast some new warmth retaining materials of some sort as well. Have not tried them yet but come the snow....

Last edited:

John Keane

Reaction score
BARGAIN OF THE YEAR, was had today at my local tackle dealer’s. Went in looking for a 3pce 12ft match rod and looked at an older DAM that was very nice but was also 13ft. Also waggled a Maver Abyss 12ft that was okay. Next up was a Drennan Acolyte that was like a feather with a backbone of titanium but was a 2pce and I just don’t do 12ft, 2pce rods. So into the bowels of the stockroom went Ray and came out with two musty old bags which both contained Harrison Rods. The first one was made for Ray by Steve Harrison and was 12ft comprising a 5ft middle and tip and a 2ft handle section. Understandably Raymondo was reluctant to part with that but he sold me a 12ft GTi Match with a spliced tip and I gladly parted with £50 for the privilege.

Chuffed? You bet!

Attachments

• A3251889-D05A-4F47-8104-FEC0EF0BC1BE.jpeg
    A3251889-D05A-4F47-8104-FEC0EF0BC1BE.jpeg
    70.7 KB · Views: 318
  • 8D459045-32EB-41C7-B333-9185FFD1B7AB.jpeg
    8D459045-32EB-41C7-B333-9185FFD1B7AB.jpeg
    78 KB · Views: 322

mikench

Reaction score
I know everyone of my rods and they all get an airing eventually.

I'll just have to find your Tackle shop .:rolleyes:

John Keane

Reaction score
I know everyone of my rods and they all get an airing eventually.

I'll just have to find your Tackle shop .:rolleyes:

Ray’s Tackle, 22 Childwall Lane, Liverpool, L14 6TX. He hasn’t got any more as it was one of his personal rods.

While I’m on the subject of rods, I was VERY impressed with the 12ft 2piece Acolyte that I had a waggle and a bend of. Very slim, (no doubt due to it being a 2 piece) lovely action and light as a feather. As long as they don’t break it looks a superb rod.

mikench

Reaction score
I was only joking John. Is the Acolyte rod you referred to the Carp Waggler which is light and strong as comes in 11' and 12', or the Ultra? As you know I have enough rods although 11' float rods are lacking in number.

John Keane

Reaction score
I was only joking John. Is the Acolyte rod you referred to the Carp Waggler which is light and strong as comes in 11' and 12', or the Ultra? As you know I have enough rods although 11' float rods are lacking in number.

I know you were only joking Mike, the Acolyte was the Ultra. Quality feel to it but I’d still prefer the Harrison that I got (price notwithstanding)

Nobby C (ACA)

Reaction score
I've just bought two cheapo feels off of eBay for lrf whilst on holiday,I know the blurb cannot be true,but at £5.99 each for a supposedly 12bb FD reel is worth a punt,let's be fair it they lasted for one holiday it's cheap,when they arrive I will post again.

I've had a few cheapo feels myself, can't beat 'em.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Ebay are doing a 20% discount for twenty four hours from a few sellers including Fishtec-Direct who have a number of Daiwa and Greys items plus a load of TF gear.

Aknib

Reaction score
If you value your Winter fishing and prefer a bit of comfort and warmth in a sock then Cotswold Outdoor are doing 50% off of some Bridgedale versions that are suitable for us lot.

Initially not cheap at £9 a pair (sale price) but they are in the long run as they'll last you a decade and are, imo, the bottom line in warm, durable, outdoor socks...

Shop Bridgedale | Low Prices & Free UK Delivery | Cotswold Outdoor