Broadcasting the Impossible

B

Bill Cox

away with you you old fool you cant win without a constructive arguement!! saying theres no point to something because the odds are against it is not an arguement. If it was then nothing but dead certs would ever be acted upon and we all know thats not what happens in real life. (well maybe in Scotland) Hey i know lets give up looking for a cure for cancer!! its to long a shot to waste our time and money on lets sit back and do nothing and snipe at those fools who do look for said cure.

B

Baz (Angel of the North)

Can you tell me somebody who says no to looking for a cure for cancer Bill? Thats a silly comparrison.

As nobody has yet come up with anything constructive that would help this petition, that means you don't even have anything constructive to argue with in the first place.

As per usual this thread will now commence with name calling and teddy throwing.

B

Bill Cox

The term "you old fool" was meant in a nice way Baz otherwise i'd have called you a c*nt and had done with it.

The comparison to finding a cure for cancer was meant to be ridiculous to show you that the broad principle you are basing your anti do anything argument on is clearly REDICULOUS !!

IT boils down to two choices really Baz 1. You try or 2. You roll over and go back to sleep.

sweet dreams mate.

DZ

Reaction score
1. I tried.

And you know what?

When I spotted the petition (by chance through some Google trawling) the no. of sign ups was 80.

It has suddenly jumped to 132

I am GLAD I posted.

/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

mymidea1

Reaction score
Admin Edit

Post removed as per

"Rules Section 5 Member Conduct"

"For example, you agree that when using the Website you will not:

Upload, post or otherwise transmit any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, or any other form of solicitation"

PGJ moderator.

Reaction score
No , I win Baz! why?, because I am against the idea of the BBC getting their grubby little hands on this masterpiece and making money out of it, I have clearly stated this on this thread..........but you have taken all the flak ha ha............I win!.

B

Baz (Angel of the North)

We both win Bob. /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Bill,

When I said name calling will commence, I meant to say Happy New Year. Poor Doogle got a right old tatering.

Reaction score
And wot about the people who gave up there time and money into making it . Do they not deserve to make as much money as possable out of it ? You never know if they made enough out of it they might deside to make another one ? I bet bringing it out on dvd was there last option . If the likes off the big film companys cannot stop people downloading there films how could they

keora

Reaction score
I've just looked at the petition website and only 134 people have signed it since the 22nd of December. I don't think the BBC will be quaking in their boots when they receive it.

I can't understand why anglers are getting so annoyed about the fact that Hugh Miles can't get his film shown on TV. He knew that when he started filming it four years ago, as none of the TV channels would commission the series.

I've no doubt that the series is interesting if you are an angler, yet I'm not sure how attractive it will be to the millions of viewers who aren't. Many may believe that anglingis boring andpointless.

Why are anglers annoyed ? Why should the BBC be forced to put the programme on air ? Why isn't there a petition addressed to ITV and Sky ?Are we hoping we will get more converts to the sport. Do we think it will be good PR ?

Shouldn't we gofishing, enjoy it and forget about tv ? I must admit that manyof the fishing programmes I've seen are tedious. So if I, as an angler, think that way, what will the general viewer think ?

B

Bill Cox

Happy new year Barry and to all on FM./forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

Good point well made Keith but i still feel it would do us all no harm and take no effort to sign it.

J

John H Member of THE C.S.G.. & The A.T.

Apparently the Santa (topical) TV Channel is thinking of hosting a 'football panel' type of angling programme hosted by Dean Macey and A N Other female (not necessarily an angler) and is to be named The Casting Couch. I doubt very much that I'll be rushing out to pay my money to Messrs Santa Clause & Co, or Mr Macey.

As for the screening of the Bowler/Hughes series/DVDs, it was a business decision to start the project. I'm not sure how much research was carried out before setting out but if I'd not done any when I started my business in1981 I doubt I would have lasted 21 weeks let alone 21 years up to 2002 when I had tostop working.

By 2002 thetrade was <nackered anyway and others had taken its place, sadly that's the reality of life in the business world.

mymidea1

Reaction score
Hot selling latest UGG and EDhardy boots and Obama shoes with cheap price:Free shipping!Free returns!Lowest price!high quality!fashion design!best service!www.welljordan.com