Chatsworth

• Thread starter Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA-Life Member)
  • Start date
B

BAZ (Angel of the North) aka Fester

Actually Ron, I will have a go at them all, if I don't get my own way I'll cause a massive argument in the crowd of onlookers instead. Will you be ready to take a photo for me?
I nead it for an article.
I want everybody to know what a T... I am.

B

I might nead your help as well Ed.

captain carrott

Reaction score
he will be helping if he's holding your coat and i think it's very nice of him to offer.

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

I'll have Heapsy --- he's only little !!

G

Ged

Went today so expect plenty of MUD. Go in wellies and not boots. Any more rain over night, go chest waders.
Welsh oggies are good.
A few more stalls missing but I got what I went for and a few other things as well.
All in all, an enjoyable day as usual.

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA-Life Member)

Mud! Mud! Glorious Mud!!

It was a lovely day, splodging around with Ed, Dave Chilton and More Spiders. Met up with Yoggy plus a few more blasts from the past.

In spite of the mud, I was still able to meet a few people from my past. It was great to chat to Eric Barnes about the old days spent on the Inner Lakes of Lough Ree in Ireland.

Ed did a little spotting for me and I was able to get a pristine first edition of "Fly Dressing Innovations" by **** Walker for well under the going price.

I had an interesting discussion about Walker on the Medlar Press stand with Jon Ward-Allen, the boss of Medlar Press. It looks like the Biography of **** Walker, written by Barrie Rickards will be available in November.

But the highlight to me of Chatsworth was when they announced that Hywell Morgan was due to do a casting demo.

I have, in my life, seen all the so-called fly casting experts you can name. From my own point of view, they, quite frankly, have been nothing special. I reckon I can equal, if not beat them.

But Hywell Morgan!

He truly is a one-off.

Probably the finest fly caster the world has ever produced.

R

Oh and by the way, the Welsh Oggies are still OK.

Same price as last year.

Richard Wilson 3

Reaction score
Ive been today Ron, i was a bit dissapointed, weather didnt help though.I didnt see anything to buy, we came away at 1.00, nipped up to Climax and spent ?55 there instead.I wanted to see Frank Warwick on the carp forum but couldnt be arsed to wait till 2.45, we had done everything twice over.

Y

yoggy

Nice to meet you in the flesh Ron!!,also Ed and MORE SPIDERS.The mud was unbelievable,but did you notice the footwear some people were wearing!!!
Like yourself i managed to get myself a bargain..a medium length wading jacket by Vision for 40 quid!!.It was the last one [in my size lucky].Selling for ?79.99,i offered him 45 quid and to my amazement he accepted!!.[If you dont ask you dont get!!]

I also managed to buy a book "Tench Fishing" by Graeme Pullen.

The show itself wasn`t as big as i expected plus the weather didn`t help,but meeting some FM mates in the flesh made up for it!!.

E

Just got back --after stopping for coffee at 'More Siders' house --bought quite a few bits and pieces and a decent fly tying book --also won a double video in a raffle("Stillwater Fly Fishing with Simon Gawesworth")

Legs are aching after squelching around in 4-6 inches of mud and that was INSIDE the marquees ---(you don't realise what hard work walking in mud is until you get home and put your feet up.....)

R

Walking through all that mud probably did your ankle a lot of good Ed.

Y

yoggy

Ron,I reckon you owe Ed a favour for spotting that book!!!! :)

After all it was certainly a good buy!.

B

Sorry I couldn't make it lads, maybe next time though.

G

Ged

Was nobody selling leader sink by putting the mud into little tubs and flogging them for 50p?
I believe this was done at a CLA game fair at Kelso. The bloke made a fortune.

E

Yoggy
He never even bought me an Oggie .....

R

You went walk about Ed whilst I was tying a fly.

And after that I was starving.

E

The money to buy one would have done !!

Bob Roberts

Reaction score
Re: "By ek Bob you drive a fast car. Ten mins by helicopter maybe but Chatsworth to Climax is about half an hour in real travel time."

With such crap weather I left the helicopter at home and stuck to four wheels. Paddled around in the mud for an hour, nodded to a few old friends and then went over to Climax for the free food and ale.

Twas a mere 9.1 miles on the odometer, front gate to front gate. A good athlete could cycle that in half an hour...