Chatsworth

• Thread starter Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA-Life Member)
  • Start date
S

Sean Meeghan

Hi all

Good to meet you yesterday if only briefly. Dragged the better half around in ankle deep mud for 3 hours before giving it best!

Bought a nice Golden Pheasant head, some really nice peacock herl and some really cheap method mix (I'm so versatile!) before giving it best. I had some really interesting chats with the overseas guys in the fly tying tent!

One thing that worries me about Chatsworth is that its getting smaller each year and I got the impression that a lot of stalls weren't doing much business even allowing for the weather. The demonstrations are the same old ones recycled year after year. I've got to question whether its worth me going again.

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA-Life Member)

It's OK Ed, I'll sent you a cheque.

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

Ron ,
Where did you suddenly disappear to---"The Bone Collector" came looking for you and you'd sneaked away without saying you were going
He assured us that all he had said about **** and Peter was true ...

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA-Life Member)

Oh yes - "The Bone Collector!!"

Just tell him I am not ready for a wooden overcoat yet.

Can you imagine this character with cowl, scythe and a skeletal beckoning finger!

AAAaaaarrrggghhh!!

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

Dave told you a little bit about him ...and how he got his name

He works in a crematorium and collects the bigger pieces of bone after the bodies are burnt and grinds them up ready to go into the caskets for the deceased's families...

We used to call him 'The Grinder' but he wasn't too keen on that--so he settled for "The Bone Collector"