Clipped up casting

nocturnus anglius

Reaction score
I can let you into an idea i saw being used on the Trent 30 odd years ago, long before spods. Then the lads used old fairy liquid bottles with the ends cut off.

Take an old spod and cut the closed end off, add some lead along the side like a feeder. You have a feeder with flights. Add your mix and plug the ends with ground bait.

Cast to your spot and the spod will sink, once it has hit the bottom allow it to lay for a few seconds, tighten up, and a couple of tugs will release any mix left in the Speeder :D, thats a spod and feeder. I thought i would name it, before someone at Korda claims they made and named it first. :D

At the end of the day, it's down to how each angler likes to fish, and how they get the feed to the spot they are fishing.

If anyone every found the perfect bait etc etc, or sport would be very very boring.

That's actually a good idea, :)

tonybull

Reaction score
Why make things complicated when a big feeder put out say 10 times for example and struck into at at different depths in the water will put the loose feed over the area you want to put the hookbait amongst.

ciprinus

Reaction score
I guess it's all down to personal experience, I just don't think mathematical equations blend very well with a sport that is largely pursued with gut feeling, natural instinct, ability and £2000.00 worth of kit ;)

tum te tum :wh

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
Why make things complicated when a big feeder put out say 10 times for example and struck into at at different depths in the water will put the loose feed over the area you want to put the hookbait amongst.

The spod with the end cut off will fly much easier, further and carriers more feed.

Nothing wrong with what you say Tony, just takes longer.

ciprinus

Reaction score
not being a mathematical genius i just pub chuck to a likely looking spot then pult singles in an arc around the splash, i never cast to the same exact spot either, if i have a take i cast back to around 5 to 6ft away from the original spot, it helps that i know my lakes and spots that i fish tho :D

robtherake

Reaction score
Popping your rig in a big PVA bag and chucking a few of those out (clipped-up) would give you a carpet without worrying where your rig has ended up with relation to the feed, although it limits you to using relatively dry or oily feeds. The fish will waft and shove it around in no time anyway on the easy waters I fish.