Current River Levels

C

Cakey

the Lee is now back to normal levels but still very coloured and very fast

J

john conway (CSG - ACA)

I use Rivercall all the time, but you have also got to know the nature of your river and its catchment areasalong withthe weather forecast covering these areas. I've asked the EA about river temps but they said they can't at the moment provide this.

Andy M

Reaction score
Tony, have to take you to task on your comments that reading what others do or advise is a waste and much of it is crap. As a novice and without tuition of some sort the only way to get up the learning curve to the point where fishing is a real pleasure is to read, read, read, and then get on the water as much as possible of course and put what you have read into practice and adjust as necessary. The distilled knowledge that I have found on this site has been incredibly helpful in getting me up to speed and if I had found it a bit sooner it would have saved me some money also. And all for free!

I appreciate that to become a half decent angler I will have to learn from my own mistakes and successes, but ideas on how to fine tune can, I believe, just as easily come from someone else's experience as one's own.

So add your crap to the rest and let us all have a wallow!

Deanos

Reaction score
Right then.....

River Swale....back to normal levels, coloured and pushing through....two wee chub, frost on me rod....I need a hot pie....good luck on Saturday Sean.

Alan Tyler

Reaction score
Thanks for the Lee bulletin, Cakey; probably going on Monday.

Plan A is to start at Broxbourne, me after chub and mate after pike; if no good, off to Stanbo.

Plan B is to start at Stanbo, as the upper reaches should fine down first, but matey can't livebait there.

Decisions, decisions!

Just seen the forecast - 3deg. and wet. Any day - ticket grayling fishing on the Mimram?

L

Lee Fletcher 1

Dear All,

Just wondered. If you knew all the river levels and all their conditions would that information deter or encourage you fishing them? I can understand Tony staying at home wanting to keep warm, and at his age who could blame him, but personally I couldn't give a fig about what condition the river is in as all conditions present their own special challenges surely?

Regards,

Lee.

P

Paul (Brummie) Williams

"Ours very shortly"................hahahahahahaha

Deanos

Reaction score
Yep...for me that is very true Lee, I have one day a week when I can stuff the World for a day...hell or high water (sometimes both) I get myself off.

BLOODY HELL IT WERE COLD TONIGHT!/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

P

Paul (Brummie) Williams

I find it rather sad that such a question that Matt asked should draw so much sarcasm................my pals and i often tx or call each other to see how our rivers are.

Ain't it always been the way?...........the old phone system that Graham W speaks of was ace.

Matt Brown

Reaction score
Lee, I don't want to do a 100 mile round trip to find the river too high for the tackle I've brought. If I know the levels I can choose which river and which species or defer to a stillwater or canal.

S

Sean Meeghan

Thanks Deanos. Swale for me tomorrow then. Matt, pm me if you fancy meeting up.

Deanos

Reaction score
HOLD THE BUS!!!!

My reply to Lee's post was not meant in anyway to disrespect anyone, not my style.

I have nothing but absoluterespect forthe fella's on this site, I really mean that.

It was an honest reply, in that after a mad week at work and all the rest....I just take off on Fridays come what may (just me and an owl on the bank at 6.30 this evening...cold but beautiful).

Absolutely no malice in my reply.

Matt, please post up how you do, have a grand day fella.

P

Paul (Brummie) Williams

Deanos....in no way shape or form were my comments aimed at you................now get yer face back into that cow pie, if we ever meet on the mat i want you very slow!!! /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Deanos

Reaction score
Sorry Brummie!/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

I think my brain may have frozen on the bank today.

LOOK LADS...FOR GODS SAKE CAN SOMEONE DO A BRILLIANT WRITE UP ON WINTER CHUBBING...IF THINGS GET ANYWORSE I SHALL HAVE TO GO IN AFTER THE BLOODY THINGS!

S

Sean Meeghan

Location, location, location Deanos. Know your spot, know how conditions affect location and persevere.

L

Lee Fletcher 1

Dear Matt,

When I go and fish, which nowadays is mostly on a river, I take tackle that covers every type of condition I'm likely to encounter. Which ain't actually that much kit anyway. Stillwaters and canals I'd opt for a crab line. Only kidding.

You actually have some tremendous fishing on your doorstep matey. Well, no where near 100 miles away.

Regards,

Lee.