Current River Levels

Matt Brown

Reaction score
Lee, I try and cut down on the tackle nowadays, although I don't always succeed. I just have a hankering for chub and grayling fishing and needed the rivers to drop.

P

Paul (Brummie) Williams

hmmm...lets see, gear for all eventualities on my Severn, Wye or Avon and tribs.........a float rod capable of fishing 12ft+ deep swims, a q'tip for the roach, a mid rivera q.tip to hold mid river, for roach or chub, a floodwater barbel rod,doubling as a carp rod of course, a pike rod, prob a softish one so i could double it up as zander tool............oh shite, i forgot my fly gear for the grayling higher up!!

yep 6 rods should do it, so long as i don't want to fish pairs.......and then theres the landing nets! i can hardly use my 42inch job for roach and dace....at least two of them, probably 3!

Surely it is easier to look at the conditions and say...right today i willfloat fish for roach but i will take my light q,tip just in case????? or the river is high with warm fresh flood water.........SU barbel rod it is?

C

Cakey

then there's bait for all eventualities...........................

T

Tony Rocca

Andy M, .....fair do's, we all appreciate different thngs.

Deanos,......Swale chub! a bucket of mashed bread surely at the moment, everything frozen tonight where I am.

C

Cakey

outside Temp -3 everything is white..........that is some frost !

J

john conway (CSG - ACA)

I love the cold long steady spells, however, this little spell will be followed, at least in the north,by rain and rain falling on frozen ground runs off very fast and very cold. Sudden drops in water temp bad news, very bad news. But I'll still be out there trying.

Have a nice weekend ladsfishing's a hell of a sight betterthan shopping and after England's miserable performance, what can I say/forum/smilies/sad_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/crying_smiley.gif

Ha Ha Ha I was out fishing and caught a nice Barbel /forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

08-30hrs Just come back from walking the dogs and feeding our lasses chucks and its miserable weather, cold rain and quite windy up here in the Yorkshire Dales

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
Deanos. Winter chubbing requirements, 2 orange size balls of cheesepaste one suitable 1.25lb t.c. rod, one landing net, bits and pieces in your pockets and just walk the river bank searching out the swims. You might just surprise yourself mate.

Deanos

Reaction score
Yep, you are right Graham!

I looked like a Spanish donkey heading to the market yesterday with too much gear, that takes away the will to get off my backside and search the fish out. The maddening thing is that at one time I always used to fish light and cover plenty of swims (Tony Miles style). Its good to review...and I think I have just done it!...with a prompt from your good self and Tony R.

Thank you very much fellas!