Final Pilgrims Progress

B

Bob Watson

I think we should remember Stewarts' reason for hanging up his pen, respect it, say our farewells and have done.

D

Dave Johnson

Chris, with all respect, NO, I'm not the Dove bloke, if you knew me you would know that I would say whatever I wanted anyway, fueled on Stella or not. I have a good idea who he is, and why he is saying what he is-as do several other members. That doesnt mean I agree or disagree with what he is doing.
From a personal viewpoint I actually find it quite amusing how grown men can spit dummies.As Bob above says, let it die now, Sedge has new fields to Sow

D

Dave Silvers

Chris

Not me mate, I like a laugh and a bit of fun but this all leaves a bad taste.

Any way I,ve never fished the Dove and it,s only an hour away so if anybody's offering.

Apart from that tw@t Reg Dove.

C

Chris Bishop

So now the guy's "walking away", you're all climbing down.

Wasn't us guv'nor - he went of his own free will.

What a lousy precedent to set. Fuelled on Stella or otherwise.

And what a cowardly way to attack someone.

I'm not that into barbel fishing. I'd never even heard about half the places the bloke wrote about.

But he wrote about re-discovering fishing. He wrote about the joy of being there.

I think we lost a bit of that when he walked away personally.

D

Dave Johnson

Dave, fancy tommorrow afternoon/eve, Dove or Sutton Brook? Big chunky chub!

YOUR CHOICE.......

D

Dave Johnson

Chris, I take issue with your comments.

I have never 'attacked' or made intimidating posts on this forum.

According to Sedge, he is now too busy to fulfill his PP on a weekly basis so he has decided to draw stumps. That is why he is no longer writing-regardless of what you or others think.

B

Bob Watson

Chris, I hope you don't include me in your "walking away" post, I admire the bloke (see earlier posting) but I think the thread's lost its' way.

Dave, If you know who Reg Dove is (or any one else for that matter) come clean! No room for Jon Doe's here, it is a forum after all, not a gossip column!

D

Dave Johnson

you will need a better rig than that to catch me Bob...

try a 'hair rigged tin of Stella'

B

Bob Watson

Dave, just cast it out but it's on a pva stringer so you'll have to be quick.

Not trying to catch you Dave!! No reason to believe you're REGular DOVE angler (my theory). But as you say (infer) people know who he is, who are they protecting??

C

Chris Bishop

Someone whose contribution can probably be summed up on the back of a postage stamp with room to spare, I expect.

C

Carp Angler

I've resisted from posting on this thread, because I made a comment on the previous one and was accused of being mental.

It seems the only people protecting Sedge ,and protesting at his leaving, are the people who have never met him or fished with him.

You decide who's right.

I think that the people who KNOW the truth don't really want to say it on here, for fear of being chastised by those that know nothing of the reality, but just want to say what a great guy he is.

D

Dave Johnson

I dont mind Rik. I responded previously to the Sow comments and got shotdown.
But hey, when youre this drunk, who cares......

C

Clive Evans

Chris, I'm sure those few lines adequately sum up the feelings of the majority on this issue.
It's sad that a few ill-judged arguments have led to the demise of a much appreciated column, a simple pleasure but a gentle one.We are all the losers here.
So, particularly for the last two lines, thank-you.

B

Bob Watson

Carp angler. I don't know the truth therefore I don't know the reality, That is exactly what I'd like to know.
Also I'm not trying to protect anybody or get in their "inbox", got our lass for that Dave,PLZ read my post again!
I have said that I admire him, the reason being he wrote good articles.
My point is; If some one has something to say, say it! Not under the protetion of non de plumes(is that right? my latin's not up to scratch)but as themselves, so they in turn can be put under scrutiny, as they scrutinize others!

Stuart Dennis

Reaction score
Ok ok ok....heres the truth, but can you handle the truth? I am totally impartial, however I know those who know him and I know those who don’t. I for one cannot pass judgement as I don’t know him, hence cannot confirm or deny. However, for you blood thirsty gossip lovers (self-included) this is the situation from those who know him and those who don’t. NOW, b4 we get started, lets get one thing straight and that is: “Don’t shoot the bloody messenger”!

It could be fair to say that those who didn’t know him: are people who respected him for his writing, theories, and viewpoint on the swims/venues he fished as well as his collar etc.. Those who knew him, would perhaps see him as an individual who would blow the secrets of a new found swim to gain personal status, perhaps exaggerate the fish that were caught and more importantly go all–out for recognition within the fishing community (promote articles and promote his own name) to the detriment of his original friends. Would that be fairly spot on guys? This thread should die off if not deleted all together. The memory of most will see the man as somewhat inspirational; the memory of the few (who perhaps knew him better) will have a different view. I’m impartial, but well aware of the few’s view point!

Fair comment?

P

Paul Williams

False name.....true bloke,
True name......false bloke.

No differance in my book.....but then again i'm one of the mentally unstable.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHhahahahahah etc et kin cetra!

F

Fred Bonney

As I originally started this post,I'll have my final say on the matter.
As an individual,I do not know Sedge ,what I do know is that his writing was enjoyable and I took it for what it was and no more.
He has made his choice, through lack of time,to give it a rest.
My only complaint is that two or three people, and I don't include Reg,because he doesn't count,didn't have the courage of their convictions to come out and say what they wanted to say,for whatever reason,they hid behind innuendo.
Therefore, as I've said before,to those who thrive on innuendo, so what,we are not protecting Sedge we are congratulating him on his column about fishing and nothing more.
So,thank you Stuart, for what I assume to be one side of the story.