Gord Burton Banned

MALFORD ROA

Reaction score
"Surely you can't expel a non member??"

Exactly so. All the more reason for the SDAA people to explain themselves to the angling community! If they fail to do so they risk becoming a laughing stock.

MALFORD ROA

Reaction score
Perhap this fella can shed more light on the issue:

Head Bailiff Mr Steve Johnson Tel 07768212070 Southport

Alternatively, this is the email of the SDAA

admin@southportangling.co.uk

Or maybe the thumbscrews may get this official fella to spill the beans:

SDAA Treasurer, Mr Bill Hurst, 18 Three Pools,The Cresent, Crossens, Southport, Merseyside,
PR9 8RA

alanthealan

Reaction score
ok just got in from fishing. If you have read the links that i posted you will see I have broken no rules. I cannot speak for Gord only for myself. The police were interested in the case by the way so I can't say too much except for what is already public knowledge. If you get any statement from the bailiff I would like a copy. Also if anyone was at the SDAA AGM I would appreciate a statement from them as to what was said about the banning. I wrote to 6 of the committee members and not one of them bothered to respond to my mail. Like I said previously I washandled by a kangeroo court, I was not informed that an investigation was under way, I was not informed of the charges, I was not allowed to defend myself. I was just found guilty and banned. The first I heard of the allegations was on Southport.gb.com and thats when I handed the matter over. I am not always on the pc so give me some time to answer. I will be going away for a couple of days when I get back I will try to answer questions. All that I ask is keep it civil and don't start slagging people off unless you have abosolute proof.

Will Smith

Reaction score
I,m sorry but all your giving is your version of events. So again i will ask.
Hello rottweiler. So your saying that you broke no rules. And never have done.

alanthealan

Reaction score
Hi there Will Smith. I have broken no rules that I'm aware of, the one's that I have been found guilty of is a definite no

Will Smith

Reaction score
Well remind me. Exactly which rules have you been found guilty of breaking.And at which stage in all this nonesense did you decide to inform ea of the illegal stocking(allegedlly)of fish in the drains.And then explain why on another site when asked about fishing illegally you deleted the photo you had posted and complained to the mods that you were being abused because some one asked why you were using a keepnet when there is a keepnet ban in the closed season. And while i,m at it. Have you ever tried to become a committee member of sdaa. And did you succeed.

alanthealan

Reaction score
Firstly check your facts. I was not the one that informed the EA of the illegal stocking of fish. I enquired about it after someone else informed them. I have never tried to become a committee member of the SDAA as you will know I have stated this in the past. I do not have enough knowledge of the local waters to become a committee member and also I don't want the position. I offered to stand in if there were any problems but that was only as a temporary measure. With regards to your other questions it has nothing to do with the topic at hand.
Also I see you are one of those people that use multiple names so people don't try and identify you.

Will Smith

Reaction score
EERRMM. I think if you look in profiles it,s you that has not identified themselves.

alanthealan

Reaction score
That profile means nothing. On all the forums that I am registered to I use the same nick. I do not use a different nick for each forum.

MALFORD ROA

Reaction score
Rotty mate; what if anything is your conection to the other banned angler Gordon Burton and the fella at the tackle shop, who has been banned from selling SDAA tickets? Also have you bothered to take your complaint against the club who banned you to the local newspapers, if so are they interested in printing your side of the story and perhaps Mr Burton's too? You should use the press if you are innocent.

MALFORD ROA

Reaction score
Steve - I've said it before and I will say it again.

I just want to know the truth of the matter that's all plain and simple. I aint 'batting' for no one but the truth mate.

If Mr Burton is guilty as charged then ok - but let's see the evidence - if not then the SDAA sec Bannister and Co own him a sincere apology. And yes, I have also heard of the tales of him fishing waters without proper permission too.

In light of Gordon Burton's previous and well known angling reputation and business links etc why are SDAA not making a full public statement? If they are indeed wrong or just biased in some way it could damage his links to any fishing tackle sponsers etc. If Mr B can prove that the sec has clearly libelled him, (out of possible old malice or envy etc?) then perhaps he would consider taking proper legal action to clear his name rather then hoping the matter would just blow over subsequent to him pulling silly faces in a frame on a Southport website?

Claims that no one is interested in this tale of woe are silly and quite unfounded for SDAA alone claim I believe around 500 members. Furthermore, the rest of the angling community will be anxious to know the whole truth, as 'some' of us on this thread clearly are.

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
John Blundell's post was deleted because he was effing and blinding again, and until he learns that he can't do that on here the same thing will happen again - at least until I get fed up of it as I've got better things to do.

pcpaulh

Reaction score
Will (if that is your name) do you not have anything better to do then interigate Rottweiler? The thread is over the debate of Gorden not him?!

T

The Monk

I have also heard of the tales of him fishing waters without proper permission too.

does this mean that he has had permission, but the club were only joking??????????

Will Smith

Reaction score
Christian(if that is your name).I did not join this site yesterday and did not join to post only on this thread.So what i choose to call myself is not an issue.And as for an interrogation i would just like mr rot to state that he has not broken the rules of any club.This is relevant to the (topic at hand).

MALFORD ROA

Reaction score
Yes; John - be nice and stop using such nasty dirty lingo. It's silly, childish and doesn't help in any way to get at the truth of the matter. A good dose of carbolic soap inserted deeply into said oral cavity wouldn't go amiss in your direction.

Me and Monky and Graham too will be watching YOU!!!So watch it ok!