Gord Burton Banned

shootinfishin

Reaction score
That profile means nothing. On all the forums that I am registered to I use the same nick. I do not use a different nick for each forum.

Morning Rottie!
Didn't you used to be a jack russel? ;-)
Good luck by the way.

alanthealan

Reaction score
MALFORD ROA said:
Rotty mate; what if anything is your conection to the other banned angler Gordon Burton and the fella at the tackle shop, who has been banned from selling SDAA tickets? Also have you bothered to take your complaint against the club who banned you to the local newspapers, if so are they interested in printing your side of the story and perhaps Mr Burton's too? You should use the press if you are innocent.
Sorry for delay in getting back to you guys but I have been out of town.
I have run into Gord Burton a couple of times on the drains as well as the local tackle shop. He has given me plenty of advice on how to catch and land pike as well as many other tips. Before anyone asks the question the answer is NO I have never fished with Gord. He has turned up whilst I was fishing and we just start chatting. I find his stories and experience very interesting as well as many others do. With regards to Ron at the tackle shop, I only know him from the tackle shop and I have never seen him outside the tackle shop. He is extremely informative with regards to the fishing of the local waters and I get my weekly baits from him.
With regards to the local papers it has appeared in the papers a couple of times. They have tried to contact the SDAA and they get no response, so they have been given the oppertunity to defend themselves.
By the way I've heard the grapevine talking and there maybe something in this weeks angling times how true this is I have no idea.

alanthealan

Reaction score
shootinfishin I have never had any other nick on the forums my Nick has always been Rottweiler. The only jack russels i'm aware of are the 2 that the head bailiff has when he visits the waters.

alanthealan

Reaction score
Malford roa I also only wanted to get the truth of goings on and what happend? I got banned with no explanation as to what I had done wrong. One day a member the next day not.

With regards to the other posting that are being deleted etc guys keep it civil. If it ain't civil I won't even bother to respond

shootinfishin

Reaction score
shootinfishin I have never had any other nick on the forums my Nick has always been Rottweiler. The only jack russels i'm aware of are the 2 that the head bailiff has when he visits the waters.

Sorry mate, I thought you were Gord's dog speaking, if you get my meaning :)

john blundell

Reaction score
i think he means, he thought you might of been gord on the sly.

Or is that not what was meant?!

shootinfishin

Reaction score
Aye!
I was wrongly presuming that Gord was standing up for himself by typing in the 3rd person. ie, being represented by his dog! I'm not sure if he still has the jack russell he used to have but that is where I was coming from..

Very astute John!

If you go back Rottie and read your first posts with that thought in mind you'll see what I mean!

shootinfishin

Reaction score
Also I forgot to say, Good luck with it.

I don't believe for one minute you guys have been treated fairly or that there is any palpable case against you.

mark barrett 2

Reaction score
Got to say that i think this is one of the funniest posts i have seen in ages, Gordies a poacher, Gordies not a poacher.

come on lads get real, you would sooner conince me that the pope was gay than gordie aint a poacher.

Ask his mate fudgie!

john blundell

Reaction score
how dare you. where is your evidence.... haha.

I agree lol, despite me having no evidence to produce, i just know from speaking to him/others that he isn't exactly totally above board. (my way of putting it!)

here comes the arguements again.... hehe ....

T

The Monk

he isn't exactly totally above board

are any of us, he who casts the first stone and all that, can go to the back of the queue

Lets have some evidence dam it

W

Wolfman Woody

I met Gord about 11 or 12 years ago at one of the trade shows in Birmingham, he joined us in conversation on Terry Eustace's stand.

We got talking about piking and he went through a story, but after a few minutes I realised he wasn't in the hall with us. His mind was out on Windermere or wherever fighting this pike. He was mentally absent, his eyes glazed over, his body jerked as he faught with this 20lbs + monster. All in his head.

Nice chap and comical with it.

mark barrett 2

Reaction score
Woody,

Gordie has been "mentally absent" for years, very entertaining bloke, but god the monk would have us believe that he is a saint.

Monk,

need the evidence? take a look at the pike and predators forum, especially the Gartmorn thread. He aint shy!!!

MALFORD ROA

Reaction score
So some would have us believe that Mr B isn't all there or has certain 'issues'. Are they therefore saying that due to this we can turn a blind eye to the poaching allegations or not? So far as I am aware he has still done nothing to indicate his innocent of these claims.

? I have never been convicted of poaching and as far as I am aware fishing a water without a day ticket isnt poaching.?

http://www.totalcoarsefishing.com/cgi-bin/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1177364813/30

So he DOES fish waters without permission or at least sees this is a minor issue not worthy of much attention?

This above quote is quite interesting and apparently suggests that Mr B is in fact condoning fishing waters without permission.

T

The Monk

No not at all, I`ve fished loads of waters without a day ticket, I`ve not been poaching, I`ve simply been waiting for a bailiff who didnt arrive, on some waters you can only buy tickets on the bank.