Is it snowing where you are?

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)

In fact I've just had a look outside and there is a balmy feeling to the air. Think I'll try for those big browns tomorrow.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
When I left Salisbury this morning at 5am for the airport there was a thick frost and a temperature of just 1 degree celcius!

We had a hailstorm yesterday after lunch and pretty low temperatures during the evening and night time too.

I hope it all improves by the time I get back for the weekend!

blankboy

Reaction score
no snow here on the east coast ,cold and overcast ,metcheck says it should be a cold clear night and air pressure on the up ,im off piking tomorrow so conditions look good

Johnny Singh

Reaction score
no snow here in nottingham, but it is very very cold. Think it could be on the way

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
Started about 8pm and now it's still falling heavily. Everywhere is under about 3 inches of the stuff!

North Hampshire.

Fred Blake

Reaction score
Started about an hour ago here (Hampshire/Sussex borders) but I hear it was falling heavily in Brasingsteak from about nine pm.

Off to Devon tomorrow for three days and nights under a brolly after carp - that should be fun.

Morespiders

Reaction score
Fred, your profile makes you out to be sensible.

Its very misleading/forum/smilies/nerd_smiley.gif

Fred Blake

Reaction score
Sensible? I've never been called that before! Anyway, I've chickened out and put the oval brolly and overwrap in the car..

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
At least the man is big enough to own up to'over the top'additional comfort!!

Fred,whoever you are I wish you the best of luck and you deserve a decent fish-25lbs as a starter!!

If you survive,let us know how you fared-its always possible Devon will have mini-heatwave and 10 C is a possibility!!

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

Set fire to your desk Peter....... (insert you-know-what HERE )

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
I measured a constant 4/5"of snow in my back garden in Lane End,Bucks this morning-the usual chaos on the road going down to Marlow with cars doing full circles etc.-we Brits just love to find a reason to be late for work........thank goodness it was only a minor fall!

W

Wolfman Woody

This accident on the M40 has really naused up High Wycombe today. (incidentally, my mate Peter, who I'm fishing with tomorrow, took that picture.)

Going to work this morning the queue of traffic was all down the A404 from J4/M40 to Marlow. Same when I was coming back at lunch, but I thought I'd beat it by going up the back road.

WRONG! I got to the top of the hill on the back road and the traffic was stacked there too and the road to Stokenchurch had been closed, don't know why. Lane End was cut off - no-one missed it, mind.

/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Fortunately I had to turn off at that point anyway, but the delay was about 35 minutes.

Tonight I knew I would beat most of it by coming a crazy way through Flackwell Heath. I couldn't believe my luck, it was mostly clear of traffic - until I went through the local industrial estate. IT TOOK 30 MINUTES TO COVER LESS THAN 1 MILE!