Is it snowing where you are?

slime monster

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Fred Blake wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

Started about an hour ago here (Hampshire/Sussex borders) but I hear it was falling heavily in Brasingsteak from about nine pm.

Off to Devon tomorrow for three days and nights under a brolly after carp - that should be fun.</blockquote>
Fred its pi##ng down here in torquay weve had one dry day so far this week.

J

John H Member of THE C.S.G.. & The A.T.

Not yet but...the CSG is holding its autumn get together this coming weekend and you can almost guarantee we'll manage to choose a weekend with anything but good chub fishing conditions

Either the rivers are in full flood, (weeven managed to pick the weekend of the Great Hurricane. We 'fished' the Wye that weekend, it had 20' inat least) or we pick the winters first hard frosts complete with bright sunny days and low crystal clear rivers.

My very first weekend away with the Group was on the Swale in 1986. That was the weekend following the biggest flood in over 20 years. Caravans were still firmly planted in the river and tree swims I'd fished for years had vanished.
The following 1997 A.G.M. fell on the same weekend as the Zeebrugge ferry disaster, I seem to recall the weather was pretty atrocious too, and so they have continued. We've even had a white-out blizzrd on the Annan, and that was the end of May.

Why should this weekend be any different?

Woody; 1st September1997, ittook me7 hours to drive from Romford -Tower Bridge and back to Romford. AND I had a bladder infection at the time, so you can imaging where I sprinted to when I got back to Romford.

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
Woody-thats not very nice,running-down Lane End like that...granted its not as posh as its neighbour down next to the Thames but we do have two proper butchers shops AND a Post Office AND we can get nice fresh Pheasant and Venison'Oh,and we v'e got a Newsagents that sells Lottery Tickets.

I can also tell you we have a proper doctors Surgery and a doctor with legs to die for....better than that cattle market of a surgery in Marlow were my Mum sees a different doctor every time she goes(she goes a lot)-in fact she has been to see all 10/12 of them without seeing the same one twice!!

Admittedly,Marlow has at least 10 ladies hairdressers and clothes shops to match,all of whom suffer the huge rents just to be in Marlow....very sad.

(ps The wife and I spend most of our time in Marlow and we shall move in once we win said lottery!!!)

C

Chris Bishop

This week's been pretty cold at night, half an inch of ice on the boat this morning me and the dog were like Torvill and Dean.