Is lure fishing gaining popularity?

Notts Michael.

Reaction score
I agree there always will be flip side of lure fishing, but then people must be controlled more and checked if their behavior is inappropriate. Lucky me I had fisherman grandad who showed me everything and I absorbed with mothers milk that fish must be released alive and how to do it.

My point is brushing everybody with their lures under carpet, people who really know what they does been mistreated and I can't see how this type of fishing sport will progress if soon there will be left none commercial fishery for lures. Anybody seen dead bite hook damages on fish? Quite sad to see what damage those two treble hooks can do to the pike in careless hands, but that is allowed mostly everywhere.

Sadly, there are a lot of people who just buy cheap gear and go out and fish, catch stuff they can't deal with, cut the line and leave a fish to die. this forum and others, youtube instructional vids, (maybe less so than forums like this!) are a great reference for beginners, and yes I have also seen a dead pike with a treble hooked lure dangling from it's mouth in the Cromford canal, there are also people with more normal coarse gear who mistreat fish and needlessly harm them through lack of experience, I'm certain there are very competent lure users who may like to use fisheries but get a big NO from owners who possibly wrongly, consider them a risk to their regular punters.

Finzky

Reaction score
I have so many fisheries around me and due to lack of time it would be fantastic if I can find some place around me which isn`t so easy to find. Ive been left without choice...