JOHN LEDGER RIP

• Thread starter Graham Marsden (ACA)
  • Start date
F

Frank "Chubber" Curtis

Very sad news indeed.
I never met John but during my time on FM I got to consider him as a friend as I believe he was to all of us.
RIP John. You'll be greatly missed.
My sincerest condolances to his family.

T

Tony Rocca

How very sad indeed.

John fished on our bit with Fred Bonney a few times last year and I always had in mind to go out to fish with him as we had only ever coresponded through e mail.

I never made it and now I never will which is very much to my regret.

He was a straight talker was John, I liked him, and what he wrote.

T

Terry D

Didn't know him but he sounds like we've lost one the good guys. A real shame.

captain carrott

Reaction score
slightly cantankerous, always outspoken, frequently forthright.

all things that could be said of john, I'll add another one now.

greatly missed!.

S

Steve King

Very sorry to hear the news. I never met John in the flesh, but we did exchange messages here a few times.

Whatever you say about John he certainly had excellent taste in music!

Paul C

Reaction score
Shocked and saddened to hear that. I never met him either, but his love of float fishing rivers shone through and it was something I could very much relate too. He'll certainly be missed.

My condolances to his family.

Michael Townsend 3

Reaction score
R.I.P. John mate.
We never made that bream session, but the next one I catch is for you.
We shared some great times and God help any barbel angler up there who fishes too close to your swim.

A top angler and a top man.

P

Phil Hackett The common Boastful Expert :-)

I?m deeply saddened by this news and my heartfelt condolences go out his family and friends.
I personally will miss John?s straight talking no nonsense approach to life.

RIP John my friend.

Michael Howson

Reaction score
R.I.P.JOHN LEDGER.
In the all too brief time i knew John(two and a half years) we became great friends and almost constant fishing companions,casting our lines in rivers big and small including.

The upper trent at Ingelby, Swarkestone and shardlow.
The upper Witham at Norh Hykeham

The Swale at Asenby, Cundall and Catterick

The Derbyshire Derwent at Matlock,Belper and Ambergate.

The Idle at Scrooby,Misson, Haxey and Bawtry

The Rother at Catcliffe.

Our Stillwater forays took in.

Treeton Dyke

Bank-end fishery

Smithies pond at Maltby

The Black pool.

We had many many pleasant days together out on the bank at dawn and also some abortive trips in weather so bad we could hardly get the van turned round to come home. We tried not to fish in each others space and sometimes we had to communicate by mobile phone. One day he was so far up the bank when i went to look for him I thought hed either gone home without me or bumped into Sean Meeghan in the back of beyond.Anyhow all of my memories are ones i shall treasure especially catching the big swale chub and my first adult barbel under his expert guidance.
Meeting Johns lovely wife Anne and more recently his son Steven has also been a boon and the way steven has looked after his mum and dad in this difficult time has been a consolation to me.
I will close now and hope i have tried to convey my feelings of love and admiration for one of the finest gentlemen it has been my pleasure to meet in my 67 years, Mick.

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
I suppose it shouldn't come as a shock but I was shocked to my roots when I saw this thread, like some others I guess I didn't realise it was so imminent. R.I.P. John you are out of pain and at peace now and my very sincere condolences to all of his family.

matt

Reaction score
A passionate man. Also stirring passion in others.
Life is enriched by characters, of which John was undoubtedly one.
He will be missed.

Matty C

Reaction score
RIP John.. very sad news indeed. My condolences go to his family and close friends.. I didnt know him very well, but I often saw his name on here in various posts.. a sad loss indeed..

M

MarkTheSpark

I watched my old mate Chris Dawn go the same debilitating way last year, and I was worried that he might lose his dignity. But he didn't, and from the sound of things, neither did John.

Smokedodger

Reaction score
R.I.P. John, we never met but exchanged a few e-mails. Not only did he love fishing he loved his music as well.

NIGE K

Reaction score
i Did not know John but condolences to all his family. RIP

alan

Reaction score
I didnt know John, only his postings on here.

fm is going to seem quieter and emptier for a while.

R.I.P John.

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
R.I.P John hope them 3ib Roach are bitting mate.

I met John on a couple of occasions and he was always a true gent. I will miss our chats on the Idle fish-ins.

We must organise a get together on the Idle to remmeber a true angler who's only concern was for the people he fished with. Sometimes giving more than just advice freely.

Janet (AT)

Reaction score
A sad, sad day.

He'll be sorely missed.

My thoughts are with his family.

Michael Howson

Reaction score
You are right mark. He never lost his dignity. I had a few precious moments with him just a few days before he died and i was also lucky enough to be with him and steven when he caught his last fish witch was fittingly a nice four and a half lb swale chub on a lump of bread-flake.His advice and help freely given helped me to many good bags of chub and grayling and some good barbel and his knowledge of choice of swims was invaluable and i cannot stress the sadness i feel at his passing. Rest in peace my friend I will never forget you.