JOHN LEDGER RIP

• Thread starter Graham Marsden (ACA)
  • Start date

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
A very sad day.

I met John just once, but it was a highlight and a privilege to have done so. Forthright, outspoken, generous and humble, he was quite a man.

My deepest sympathy to his wife (they were are fine couple) and his family.

Deanos

Reaction score
Goodbye John, FM shall be a sadder place without you.

We never met, but John helped me with valuable advice as he did many others on the site through the power of email. A ?tough as boots? battling old warrior.

My love, respects and condolences to Johns family.

Peter Bishop

Reaction score
Just logged on , a real shock. John told me privately he expected it to be sooner rather than later, but very sad yet merciful it should be so quick.

We never met unfortunatly but I nevertheless felt I knew him via public forum and our private E mail exchanges.
My deepest condolences to Anne and Steven. May he rest in peace. God bless.
FM will be the poorer indeed for his absense.

David Craine

Reaction score
I can never understand how a forum where most persons never meet can generate such positive feelings for each other, this is another very sad case where a person whom I have never met,but I feel I knew a little,due to this forum, has passed away,without me having had the privelege of meeting him . RIP John, and my condolences to his family and friends.

B

Bob "chubber"Lancaster (ACA)

as you all know i,m one of the new fm guys but reading all the messages here and the few forums i have read of john,s i realise that fm will miss john greatly and i send my own condolences to john,s family and feel i will miss him too rip my friend

T

The Monk

It seems strange not having John around, death of one of lifes certainties, but we never get used to it, I`ve lost so many friends over the years, more as the years move forward, I`m sure we will all meet up again some time, I can`t believe this is all there is?

S

Scott Whatmore

My sincere condolences to all his friends and especially to his family.

A true character that will be sadly missed.

I'll toast my next fish to his memory.

RIP John

T

The Monk

maybe we could have an FM memorial gettogether for all lost friends, we could call it the John Ledger memorial fish-in?

G

Graham Marsden (ACA)

We will definitely be arranging a memorial fish-in for John, probably on the Idle which he loved so much and where he organised an excellent fish-in before Christmas. Seems hard to believe we were all catching fish and getting sozzled together such a short while ago.

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)

That's a very good idea Graham.

Memorial fish in say November.

Neneman Nick

Reaction score
I never met john but conversed with him via e-mail on a few occasions.He kindly sent me some cd`s,albums he highly reccomended...for a man of his age,he had a wide and varied intrest in music.
Whenever i play those albums,i shall think of john and what a shame it is that i will never get to meet him and thank him in person.
Our thoughts and prayers go out to johns family at this difficult time.
from,
nick,jackie and children.

pcpaulh

Reaction score
All the best to Anne and the family, I didn't know John but he was obviously a right character. RIP.