Korda Rig Safe - anyone?

green man

Reaction score
Okay. Second in a series of dumb questions from a life-long trout fly fisherman dabbling with the dark side. (Actually I consider salmon fishing to be the real dark side, but that's another bee in my bonnet.)

Q. Is anyone using a Korda Rig Safe, or similar pre-prepared rig box for general coarse fishing? The large box will store up to 12" lengths.

They seem to be aimed at carp fishers, but I see no reason not to prepare my hook lengths at home, in the warmth and in good light, rather than fiddling around on the river bank. I'd buy off-the-shelf hooks to nylon, but if I want, say 8's to 4lb, I'd have to do my own.

Please educate me!

john step

Reaction score
Use what suits you. I know that match anglers have a similar system. I have seen flat rigid boxes with loads of hook lengths in them. A bewildering array of hook lengths in fact.

bullet

Reaction score
I tie hooklengths and wrap them around a bit of foam pipe lagging with slits cut in it to trap the loose end, works well for me.

green man

Reaction score
Thanks guys... reassuring to know it wasn't such a daft question. (y)

hague01

Reaction score
I have had 1 for about 4 years . Good idea and useful but I found one hinge broke so it's wired up now. The best box is the Grey's but that only takes 13. Not sure I WD pay retail for either really.