Marsden's Aces V Young Chavs & Pikey's

P

paul williams 2

On a serious note Gav, i know little about digs in the area because i have never had to use them.......but if this thing ever gets off the ground i will find out.

Mark Wintle

Reaction score
Stuart,

Just checked all the match results - not a single win on boilies; caster, worm, pellet, maggot, corn, bloodworm, all scored. My case rests! It doesn't mean there isn't a water where they wouldn't score in match conditions but generally they are too slow a bait for catching enough to WIN in match conditions. Pellet is a different matter though.

Stuart J

Reaction score
Trust me to find a water that does fish well on boilies, have cleaned up in the last two seasons.

Still no guarantee that the baits listed are the baits that caught.

Gav Barbus

Reaction score
shame about the mallards he did sound a bit grumpy when i rang up about a month ago.the area sound good though,ive been saying id get down there all season.

Gav Barbus

Reaction score
stuart you look the right side of 40 fancy joining the young guns.

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Yeah come on board Stu, you know it makes sense!

Gav move the age limit mate! I'm 41 next year.

Mark, are you getting nervous? Hehe re-read your post mate, the bit about pellets!

;-)

Gav Barbus

Reaction score
alright steve hows it goin,pellet is a young gun bait,your in founder member steve.It would be nice to put something in concrete about dates and venues though,I really would like this to happen.

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Me too Gav this would be front/home page material. "The young uns do the old uns, BIG time!"

Watch out though mate, they are crafty bu**ers! Don't fall for PJ's pools antics "So how much do we have to put into this pools thingy?"

How about a two leg event, river, stillwater?

Watch out for NM, he's got six keepnets, 50lb limit per net! And don't accept the Stour as a venue from MW!

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
When setting the dates you'll have to remember that us old blokes have lots of booked appointments, mostly at the hospitals, so we may have to see a few alternatives.

As to venues, we'll make it easy for you youngsters, the Stour might be a bit hard for you lot, so there is a nice easy LAA day ticket stretch of the Avon at Britford for the river leg. And to prove we have humility, then how about Gold Valley or Willow Park for the stillwater leg?

Steve, the only thing I know about those 'pools' things is what I've read in Billy Lane's Match angling book Honest!

So, is it put up or shut up time?

We've given you a good choice of venues, now make us an offer of a few dates and we'll get our zimmer frames all polished up, spare loo rolls packed and even have our best cardigans laundered for the day.

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Peter, don't forget the Duraglit for the trophies, they might dull a little on the way home.

Gav Barbus

Reaction score
Peter with that sense of humour of yours you could become an honarary member of the young guns if you keep it up old boy.Think about it on the winning side for once.wasnt it brasso in your day colonel marsden.can we please make this happen graham,it could be for a worthy cause of your choice,fishing related if possible.

Wendy Perry 2

Reaction score
so what side am i gonna be fishing for Gav's chav's or the older fitter side (gotta watch what i say incase i'm with them old farts)

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Gav,

I am that old that Brasso was a modern invention - we used: Zeebo on the lead stove and some pink stuff on the brassware.

I am having second thoughts about this match thing though, do you think that my wooden starback reels will be okay in the cold weather? Hopefully though the old tank aerial rod will be okay, especially if it isn't too cold.

Gav Barbus

Reaction score
Peter just as long as you lot give your boots a good dubbening youll be alright,dont want you getting wet feet at your age.As for the tank ariel you must be one of the younger members of your side,thougt it might be horse hair line,attatched to willow branch.Just please dont bring any butt indicators they really do hinder casting.

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Gav, email with what you propose to set up and we'll sort something out. The old wallet is a bit thinner these days so it needs a good match to fatten it up a bit.

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
If venues turn out to be Gold Valley, Willow Park or Witherington, I'll be happy to do the organisation bit.

If it's GV, then I can also offer Guidance, Coaching, Peg by Peg detail, fish weights/bait preferences/names etc etc....

.... for a fee of course (but it'll be free for the "old codgers").

Deanos

Reaction score
?Gav, email with what you propose to set up and we'll sort something out. The old wallet is a bit thinner these days so it needs a good match to fatten it up a bit?.

LOOK LOOK!?..BEHELZIBAB HAS SPOKEN..THE LORD OF DARKNESS AND TUCK SHOP MONITOR FROM SCHOOL WHO USED TO KEEP ALL THE PROFITS FOR HIMSELF WHILST CHILDREN STARVED IN AFRICA HAS SPOKEN!!!!

I shall be announcing a huge prize for the young guns that obliterate team ?Dads Army? very soon!.

The losers shall suffer colonic irrigation at the hands of my auntie Kathleen ( who was struck off as a veterinary nurse for deep frying 30 stick insects in Bovril and selling them on as savoury twiglets) using a car jet wash and her old Dyson?I am not looking forward to seeing the contents of Ronnie (the fig) Clays stomach!

Gav Barbus

Reaction score
Deanos that sounds remarkably like one of my school days escapades,except ours went on fags and beers,they shall be anialated deanos and will no doubt take up dominoes as their hobby after the shame that they will face after losing heavily at the hands of the young guns.