OBESITY

P

Phil Hackett The ostrich pie hater

They thought that(too much food)about the Ribble Estuary and the Irish sea off Lythan St. Anne?s. Still came up the river though.

"Expertly and quietly" what does that mean?
The clubs have licenses to move protected mammals and skilled practitioners in such operations?

Merv Harrison

Reaction score
Fred, seals do move up the Humber and into the River Aire, and are often seen, they have even been seen eating chub in the Derwent Nr. Barmby-on-the-Marsh, entry into the Derwent at this point is by 'barrage' gates.

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
There is your answer Fred, the river fish are getting bigger because they are eating to many seals, all that blubber can't be good for them surely.

Why is it that so many threads start about one subject and are almost immediately diverted to a totally different one, it is disconcerting replying to one of these with a gap of 20 or 30 posts on a totally different subject in between.

Even worse, take what happened with this one, no sooner does Fred pose a thread about the unusual size of fish and Ron starts one on exactly the subject, madness.

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

You have to excuse Ron --- It's the Alzheimers kicking in ....

F

Fred Bonney

I thought that to Graham,with Ron's, and he's not bothered to contribute on this one.
I tried my hardest, to steer people away from posting a different subject, in this thread,but along came the seal.

Phil,exactly as said!

B

BAZ (Angel of the North)

Fred.
Here ia a mistery.
one water that I know of was fly fishing only for years but it did hold course fish.
The course fish were really skinny and starving for food long after the trout were gone.
Now all of a sudden the course fish have put weight on even though nobody has been fishing it and put bait in.

F

Fred Bonney

An abundance then, of natural food,that previously was eaten by the more voracious trout?

So,less fish eating the food,no overstocking, predation and poor spawning years, all possibilities.

Perhaps,there are many reasons, why fish have got bigger.
So,the pellet is a safe form of food,in moderation?

captain carrott

Reaction score
An abundance then, of natural food,that previously was eaten by the more voracious trout?

don't let ron ear you say that he thinks trout don't eat anything and certainy don't have a detrimental effect on proper fish

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)

The are called C O A R S E fish Baz.

I have yet to see a fish on a golf course yet!

More voracious trout!!

You don't know much about the habits of chub then!

F

Fred Bonney

In a trout lake,Ron?

Of course it is.

yet... yet Ron,....then again he might have?

P

Phil Hackett The ostrich pie hater

No Mr Bonney you haven't said what Expertly and quietly means.

F

Fred Bonney

Happy New year to you.
I thought you knew, Mr Hackett,being an all knowing, individual.

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
Fred, one of the problems with forums like this is that people set themselves up as scientific experts on a multitude of varying subjects when really and truly they are expressing an opinion, and mostly uninformed ones that they have picked up from other folk.

I think pellets are ok! I think pellets are harmful to fish! These are just two OPINIONS stated on this thread but based on what knowledge or evidence you have to ask, none I would suggest. Far better to suggest things rather than make them a statement of fact I reckon.

F

Fred Bonney

Couldn't agree with you more,Graham.

Just a view of mine though.
These pellets are used, to fast fatten food fish, and if they are used in any quantity on fisheries, over a long period, are they causeing damage,to freshwater fish?
In much the same way,we humans can be damaged, by too much fattening/fast food.

This was the reason I asked in the first place, brought about, by the death of the Traveller.

B

BAZ (Angel of the North)

Do we know why the Traveller died?
How old was it? And how long do Barbel live for?

F

Fred Bonney

No,it was found on the bank and had been partially eaten.
Recorded catches,age it at least 20 years old.

B

BAZ (Angel of the North)

Thanks Fred.
Cause of death unknown then.