Particle preparation

• Thread starter John Broomfield
  • Start date

Jonathan Williams

Reaction score
Thats a bit too far for me, as I dont get to go fishing as much as I would like and when I do go it is not for as long as I would like either (I have a 2 year old and a 6 month old). Cheers for the advice though.

Jon

M

Mike Lee

Hi Richard!
I used to live in Beccles and fished the open match circuit.
I know what you mean when you say EA is miles from anywhere - it took 3 hours just to get to Birmingham!
I now live near Kettering and spoiled for choice for carpin'.
There's some cracking waters nearby that aren't too far away from Ely.
Have you looked around this area?

richard gregory

Reaction score
HI MIKE,i now live in ely lots of carp pits not that far from me also plenty of river fishing,but whats happering to most of the good places its cyndicate only ,?275 ish witch is a little bit on the heaty side, i can fish blocke fen for ?20 a year witch ant bad

D

Dave Rothery

you have to look at it as "i'm going to have 40 days fishing this year", so its going to be ?7/day which is cheaper than a lot of places day tickets...or 1kg boilies /3 pints of beer/5 leads/two packs of fags/two carp mags!

D

Dave Rothery

if you think ea's in the middle of carp nowhere, try devon!

richard gregory

Reaction score
dave,
and i thought i had it bad at least i have a choice of local waters just up the road from me

Jonathan Williams

Reaction score
Quote "if you think ea's in the middle of carp nowhere, try devon!" - Dave Rothery.

Try living in Chepstow, weve got 3 fly fisheries within 5 miles, not too much on the carp front!