Phil Hackett's Big Tench

T

The Monk

Phils not one to blow his own trumpet, so I`m blowing it for him!

G

Graham Marsden (ACA)

Go on then Monk. How big, where from, what bait, what tackle. You can't blow a trumpet without a tune.

No use saying it's in the weeklies, most of us don't read 'em!

T

The Monk

No I dont think he`s published, he never does, its 10.01 lovely looking fish, I`ll let Phil tell you the location if hes able to, ect

G

Graham Marsden (ACA)

Great fish, well done to Phil. I somehow don't think he'll be saying where he caught it! And I don't blame him.

P

Phil Hackett The common Boastful Expert :-)

As my cover has been blow
Here?s the script

Fish: Tench female?. could have been a cross-dresser!

Weight: 10 lb 1 oz ? average!

Venue: Somewhere in England, not the Trent!

Bait: Worm? Brandlings?2 of (Rubbish for fishing? Funny that, the bream (13 lb
2 oz) in my photo came on them as well LOL!)

Rods: Harrison? Marsbar?s Interceptors 12 ft (He had to get in on the act somewhere!)

Reels: Okuma? Interceptors 40s (Real crap reels these and shouldn?t be catching fish of this size. Only Shimano?s catch fish of this size everybody knows that!?.LOL!

Line: Fox Steel 8 lb mainline? almost a Tackle Tart with this?Hooklink 6 lb Maxima What! Somebody still uses this line for hooklinks?

Hooks: Kamasna 8s Animals??1 a pkt, 10 p a hook. Cheapskate! Only ESP Raptors at 31 p a hook should be used for big fish fishing, it?s the Law!

Sponsors: My wife!

Specimen Group: Not a member of the DVSG, so unlikely to make the AT ;0)

T

The Monk

A new record for the Manchester Carp Group though mate, you now hold our Bream and Tench record of course, well done again

P

Phil Hackett The common Boastful Expert :-)

I think I also hold the barbel, zander and possibly the chub record as well Nick. Not to difficult when there's only me as the allrounder! :0)

T

The Monk

14 lb 2 oz our best barbel mate to Alkrington Pete, but Zander yes you do, chub I`m not sure, Gary Leigh took a 6lb der a few years back,

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

"I think I also hold the barbel, zander and possibly the chub record as well Nick"

Not bad for a non-trumpet blower!;-)

Well done, Phil.A belter of a fish.

Reaction score
Ahem! Mr. Hackett, I think you may find that there is another (ex) member who may hold the zander record!

Ner de ner!

Still fishing for tiddlers then! When you going to start proper fishing?

Well done mate, well deserved for all the years efforts. Give us a bell!

By the way, did it come from .... ooops, nearly said it then!

I

Ian Cloke

Where are the pic's Phil?

You're a bluddy tackle tart Phil, and a money waster, fancy using two worms at the same time, two worms would last Ron at least a season ;o)

Wendy Perry 2

Reaction score
Excellent Phil, Well done mate! It's so good to see one of our own catching nice BIG fish! Well pleased for you!

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

Nice one. A big fish tis that.

Did it have Seal wounds?