Phil Hackett's Big Tench

P

Phil Hackett The common Boastful Expert :-)

Thank to all for the kind comments.

The kick up the arse I got from this catch now has me buzzing.

planning how I can creep out tomorrow and get a day session in :0)

R

Robert Woods (ACA)

Phil,
Well done Mucker...nice Tench. Infact very nice Tench. I see you also use the excellent Interceptor reels.

P

Yes Bob I do use Okuma Interceptors reels for bream and tench. I've had the pair for about 4 years with no problems at all. Very good, underrated, reasonably priced reel in my opinion.

I also have a pair of Okuma Epix Pros (40s) for my barbel fishing, again, very good reel. These I?ve had for 3 years and believe me they?ve been hammered over that time without any problems whatsoever.

nicky

Reaction score
well done phil for your great catch.

Nice to see you had them on bradlings as when i started a thread explaining i had free access to as many brandlings as i wanted i was told by the majority they they weren't much cop for fishing.

Ric Elwin

Reaction score
Brilliant stuff mate!

I doubted that water could produce one of this size, I'm really pleased you proved me wrong!

Paul Morley

Reaction score
Delighted with this - brilliant fish rewarding dedication on a big water, targetted and located, a real shot in the arm for us all. Can't wait to get out there, it's nice to know that us N.W. tenchers are getting their rewards. Oh and thanks for feeding them up, carp anglers...

T

The Monk

no problem Paul, I`m putting a ton of boilies in a tench swim as we speak

L

Lee Fletcher 1

Dear Phil,

Congratulations on such a fine capture.

Regards,

Lee.

J

john conway

Lovely fish Phil, you can tell me all about it when we meet up on the Ribble, only 4 weeks to go now.

P

Paul (Brummie) Williams

Congrats on a superb fish Phil.....a wonderful NW specimen.

P

Paul (Brummie) Williams

Only trouble now Phil is that every NW puddle will hold 10lb Tench.....well at least according to the numpties who think every chub from the ribble is 6lb ;)

Gav Barbus

Reaction score
Well done Phil you don't get many of them to the pound in these parts,great stuff stop being so koi on location what part of the Ebro system was it from.I will have a proper read in morning and try and suss location .

P

Filynet they bloody arn't for me! Every once but 5 16 :0(