Picture 009.jpg

CAT

Reaction score
Wendy / cakey, thats not right ! put the picture back whats this the FM Pc brigade.

Cakey that photo could save fishes lives never mind if Poacher is all hurt and wounded, at the end of the day we are FM members who have raised a good constructive thread, so i reckon unless Eddie says remove the photo, put it back so people know what we are talking about.

Or whats the point.

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Wend, I'm not sure if the guys pm was open?

It was put in the gallery as a wind up.........

So I doubt I would have got a response to an email?

The picture was horrible and that was my point, I didn't jump on him and slate him in front of the world. I thought I was actually quite polite, which is rare for me!

It doesn't matter what fish it is for me, if they haven't been cared for and handled correctly I see "red", I can't help that.

Wendy Perry 2

Reaction score
Cat i am not a moderater on here, so i have no idea who took it down. Perhaps the guy in question has taken it down?

I agree ste the pic wasn't nice for us caring anglers to see but i still think we could have gone about it a different way.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Wendy, et al,

It is not possible for a moderator to delete a picture from a personal gallery.

I think only the owner of the gallery can actually delete their pictures.

Wendy Perry 2

Reaction score
Well there you go then, the guy is probably very embarressed about it. Yes it will have learnt him a lesson, but in a horrible way!

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
There are two scenarios for the picture.

One, that the angler published the picture without the necessary knowledge to know that he would be slated for incorrect treatment of the fish, in other words he didn't know any better. That in itself is not an excuse because he must have learned from either someone else or from the angling mags who in general emphasize the need to treat fish carefully but failed to take that information in. If he chose FM to publish the picture surely he must be a reader of the forums wouldn't you think and the need to treat fish carefully is mentioned time after time on all sorts of threads.

Two, that he is one of the sad minority of anglers that just don't have any respect for the fish and couldn't give a damn what others may think.

Wendy's point about Steve emailing the guy before slating him on a public forum isn't an option because where he might ignore one email he certainly won't ignore all the posts on here and as a result we all hope he will have learned something from the experience.

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
He deleted the picture himself.

But the thread has highlighted some fish conservation issues and for that it's been a good one.

Ray Roberts

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Graham Whatmore wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

There are two scenarios for the picture.

One, that the angler published the picture without the necessary knowledge to know that he would be slated for incorrect treatment of the fish, in other words he didn't know any better. That in itself is not an excuse because he must have learned from either someone else or from the angling mags who in general emphasize the need to treat fish carefully but failed to take that information in. If he chose FM to publish the picture surely he must be a reader of the forums wouldn't you think and the need to treat fish carefully is mentioned time after time on all sorts of threads.

Two, that he is one of the sad minority of anglers that just don't have any respect for the fish and couldn't give a damn what others may think.

Wendy's point about Steve emailing the guy before slating him on a public forum isn't an option because where he might ignore one email he certainly won't ignore all the posts on here and as a result we all hope he will have learned something from the experience. </blockquote>
There is a third option. That he deliberately posted this in the knowledge that he would stir up a hornets nest on the site, which he appears to have done. As far as I am aware he has no previous posts and left no personal details. Not the actions of someone who was proud of his catch and who wanted to publicise it.

CAT

Reaction score
Ok Cakey / Wendy, i just read what you put and assumed you took it off /forum/smilies/confused_smiley.gif, it was late and i had been out drinking, my mistake, i will get you both a pint.

Wendy Perry 2

Reaction score
/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gifthats why we did it cat, we get free beer all the time ya know lol Yeah no worries mate no harm done.