River Lune

Gazhilla

Reaction score
Date....21/07/04..River Lune Lansil Stretch at Halton
Time fished....1700 to 2300hrs
Weather....dry and sunny
Bait...Strawberry corn, red maggot and tutti frutti boilie.Vitalin groundbait.Size 12 hook hair rigged.
Method..Method feeder and open end feeder
Results.. 3 snigs, 1 ruffe and 1 hybrid 5lb plus.
Comments and remarks..Fished with two friends, put in about 10kg of groundbait between us, stopped fishing maggot after getting too many eels, lots of line bites and two missed knocks on the tip. Three eels for Steve and two missed wraps on tutti frutti corn for Shaun. Really is hard fishing and need to spend more time on the river to find out how to catch these big bream.

Gazhilla

Reaction score
Date....30/07/04..River Lune Lansil Stretch at Halton
Time fished....1700 to 2300hrs
Weather....dry and sunny
Bait...Tutti Frutti corn, red maggot and tutti frutti boilie.Vitalin groundbait.Size 12 hook hair rigged.
Method..Method feeder and open end feeder
Results.. 2 eels, one bream 7lb 2oz
Comments and remarks..Fished with three friends, put in about 10kg of groundbait between us, stopped fishing maggot after getting too many eels. First fish was a 7lb 5oz bream to Steve, followed by mine and at last knockings a 7lb 4oz fish to Shaun. No line bites but a beautiful evening on the river. Loads of bait put in but unable to find any shoaling as the fish came about 2 hours apart.

J

john conway

Date............ 04/11/04
Fishery.......... River Lune Lansil Stretch @ Halton
Time fished..... 18:00hrs to 24:00hrs
Weather details.... Quite changeable but breezy, clear skies at times with the odd shower.
Water coditions..... River clear but wavey, Rivercall @ Caton @ 15:00hrs 0.34M ANSL & steady
Air Temp... 11C dropping to 9C
Water temperature.... 10C
Bait........ Bread Flake & sweetcorn
Method .......... 2 rods-Quiver tip fitted with "Starlite" + Feeder. Size 8 hook with 2 pieces of sweet corn on one bread on the other.
Results ...
19:45hrs 9lb-6oz Bream on bread flake
Comments & remarks:...Nice to be back on the Lune chasing the big bream. I was a bit surprised to find the river had risen to 0.34M form the morning level, I hadn?t noticed enough rain in the Dales to cause this, so I can only assume that it must have rained up in the Howgills?
Just one bite, one fish and no line bites, this is now the highest river level I?ve caught from this stretch of the river. However, it?s nice to get back on the Lune, but the M6 motorway is incredibly noisy, I much prefer the noise of the night creatures on the Ribble.

J

john conway

Date............ 08/11/04
Fishery.......... River Lune Lansil Stretch @ Halton
Time fished..... 20:00hrs to 24:00hrs
Weather details.... Light cloud with the odd shower, clear skies at times, plenty of shooting stars.
Water coditions..... River clear and flat clam, Rivercall @ Caton @ 03:00hrs 0.2M ANSL & steady
Air Temp... 8C dropping to 7C
Water temperature.... 10C
Bait........ Bread Flake & sweetcorn
Method .......... 2 rods-Quiver tip fitted with "Starlite" + Feeder. Size 8 hook with 2 pieces of sweet corn on one bread on the other.
Results ... Blank
Comments & remarks:...Thought I?d just have a few hours after working late. The river looked good and even though I?d a few line bites and one big rod bender I hit and missed all was very quite. However, I did catch a couple having it off in the car park when I arrived, posh car as well!!!

J

john conway

Date...09/10/05
Fishery...River Lune Lansil Stretch @ Halton
Time fished...19:30hrs to 24:00hrs
Weather details...Overcast, slight breeze.
Water coditions...River clear and flat clam except for the odd ripple on the far bank, Rivercall @ Caton @ 04:00hrs 0.12M ANSL & rising
Air Temp...13.4C dropping to 11.1C
Water temperature...11.8C
Bait...Bread Flake & sweetcorn
Method ...2 rods-Quiver tip fitted with "Starlite" + Feeder. Size 8 hook with 2 pieces of sweet corn on one bread on the other.
Results ...
19:50 8lb plus Bream bread flake
Comments & remarks:...Thought I?d just pop down for an evening session. Only one bite and one fish, however, there were salmon crashing and banging all night. I say 8lb plus because my digital scales went on the blink and river bream look quite big for their weight compared to their still water brothers. Just as I was in one of those isotope trances a very large heron dropped out of the trees and landed about 1 metre from me, I don?t know which one of us got the biggest shock!!! Pleasant evening but I don?t think the bream are ready for shoaling up yet?