SECRET SOCIETY

B

Big Swordsy :O)

Tony Rocca asks

So, the DVSG is a secret society then, good on ya. Do you have silly names for each other like the Golden scale lot, I like owt like that, great fun.

Lee replies

Thats why they all call me "Cock-knocker"

matt

Reaction score
Re- the BS forum its non of my business and I'm fed up of reading about them.
Can you please put on future thread titles BS political bickering? Then I can avoid them.

B

Bully

Groan groan groan.

If the BS want to close their forum then that is entirely up to them. I am sure their AGM will either confirm or not whether it was a correct decision. After all you elect officers to make decisions, and the governance (ie what they are allowed, and not allowed, to do) will be clearly stated, so as long as they stuck by this then who can complain?

The analogy to the current government is not valid. We all know the score, so we have to abide by the rules and process. No party offered us an alternative, so tough. Its the same with the BS. They have taken a decision in good faith, within their remit. This will be tested at the AGM.

Also because it is now closed they can garner feedback from the members without having "chaff" `from the sidelines (non members).

Personally I would not wish to pay money for a forum, so I assume their are additional benefits of being a BS member, which are.........what?

At the end of the day it sounds to me that joining groups like BS is done for the passsion and in the hope that they are a "beacon" for all like minded anglers.

It is also totally uninteresting !!

Bob Roberts

Reaction score
I picked up a comment somewhere that this closure is only a 'temporary' experiment.

Anyone care to shed a little light?

Guester 2

Reaction score
Oh dear,yet another question unanswered. On page one Nathan asks about a vendetta with BS by Mr Roberts. Interesting that I am led to believe that there are at least three threads on BS asking for comments and at the time of posting I'm told that Mr Roberts has not made any comment.

Seems strange to me that someone who readily critises BS on here doesn't do the same on the BS site and even why he remains a member.

T

Tony Rocca

Maybe Bob doesnt want to contribute there Guester, the audience is smaller now, he maybe likes the big gig, Sheff Arena as opposed to the City Hall.

F

Fred Bonney

Couldn't agree with you more Bully.
But,we couldn't let Bob not have his moment of fame,allowing us to discuss such "Draconian" measures.
Could we?

F

Fred Bonney

Sorry,for the word fame replace with infamy.

Infamy infamy,they've all got it infamy

S

Simon Barnard 2

I'm surprised that this is such a big issue! Especially for non-memebers of the BS. Non-members of the BS can also enjoy many of the benefits that a paid up member gets. There has to be some real benefits for the members who pay their subs and a closed forum is one of them. In the commercial world you cannot get access to benefits unless you pay. I'm sure if this site along with others thought they could make money by charging for forums they would! The BS collects money from subs and events to cover running costs, it would appear that 1400 individuals are prepared to pay for that. Seems like a pretty loyal and understanding bunch of people given that most of our benefits can be shared with non-members as well, even if the price is slightly higher for non-members at events.

njb51

Reaction score
we wouldn't charge our members simon, they don't have big enough pensions!

*sprints off down the road*

S

Simon Barnard 2

Ouch! Jonny, I'm in favour of a veteran's society for barbel fishing, it's politically correct as I understand, not ageism..! But I cannot join as I'm way to young. I know a few blokes who could easily get in though.