Should the taking of trophy photos be banned?

bennygesserit

Reaction score
Its a wonder any angler ever posts a picture on a forum its like an invitation to come and nitpick.

Having said that I understand commercials only allowing photos when you are kneeling over an unhooking mat it is easy for the inexperienced to drop fish.

Fred Bonney

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
No problem with trophy shots, although I too would rather see them on a mat with a size reference.

I would suggest it's equally possible for the "experienced" to drop a struggling fish, especially when standing and held at 4 feet above ground level!!

simon dunbar

Reaction score
No way!! My fishing photographs are important to me. Many a horrible winters night I sit looking through my photo's of fish I have caught , reminding me not just of the captures but the places I have been to to catch them.
Many photo's of foreign fish were taken in the water with the fish never having been on the bank. How boring would fishing magazines be without photographs , if anglers really get upset at fish being out of their environment should they really be angling at all ? There is no need for fish to be out of the water for long when you take trophy shots . The reason some venues ban photographs is because they don't want publicity , not for fish welfare.
We all try to treat fish well , but if you say the welfare of the fish is your number one priority then how can you fish for them?

steph mckenzie

Reaction score
Hit Fish over head with Priest ....... no suffering from fish and trophy shot can be taken when ever it suits angler. Problem solved and every ones happy :w

Titus

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
JanChub2012020.jpg

If you are looking for something to ban Ron you should look at banning this hat!

robthomo

Reaction score
There's no excuse for keeping a fish out of the water for a long period of time, I always go equipped to retain them for a short period of time while I sort out my weighing and camera equipment if need be, either with a sling/sack, sack proper, or large enough landing net. Set the tripod up, camera ready to go, sling wet and scales tared and then the while process is done in no time at all.

the wise one

Reaction score
People that just take pictures of fish on matts tend to be ugly anglers who just don't look good in a photo.
You can't help it, but please don't stop us more photogenic anglers from displaying our looks.

How boring would angling times or anglers mail be if it was just photos of fish on the floor?
And as for taking photos for id purposes, I think you guys need to get a life:eek:mg:

T.W.O

watatoad

Reaction score
I seldom take photo's as I have usually forgotten to take a camera and even when I do take a camera I tend to take more photo's of the scenery than anything. However I am totally opposed to banning anything except corrupt or stupid or anti British politicians, local government employees, civil servants and people. Especially those who keep taking away more freedoms and peoples rights and or wasting our money.