Thames: River Thames - is it fishing for anyone else?

adrian hoare

Reaction score
met a buddy on the tidal after he had blanked for a couple of hours at sunbury, fished a slack for pike, o.k., conditions were pants, but last year in same conditions it produced big time, but not today, moved to the tree swim for the tide, dangling for carp, only the oblig showed and what an oblig, colour wise it looked like one of its parents was a koi,
its up, coloured and chucking more at us, happy days

yes matey i enjoyed that yesterday , what a bream !!

keep that rain coming !!

it can only improve our catches !!

tuolumne fisher

Reaction score
spent yesterday morning wandering amongst the branches on the non tidal, lobbing some of last years cheese paste into likely looking areas, despite my best efforts in the wind and rain I succeeded in blanking again

tuolumne fisher

Reaction score
its up, coloured and looking like beard weather, so I'm dangling for carp. fished the tide this afternoon in amongst the trees, spoilt myself by using two rods and blanked again, got a buddy coming down at three this morning to try the spot, gawd I hope he catches one, otherwise I will be wishing I hadn't kept him company

A

alan whittington

Steve,my mate and i have become professional blankers(hang on did i say that right)this season,ive done it again today,my mate spoiled the batting average though and caught a 3lb tench.:wh:wh;)

tuolumne fisher

Reaction score
my buddy blew out, thank gawd for that, walking the dog this morning and saw a 3.13 perch landed, only downer was a non native rucksack wearing spinner chucker saw it to, that is a mouthful, or would be if he caught it

tuolumne fisher

Reaction score
quivertipped on the tidal with maggots for an hour, an oblig obliged and due to the steep bank I had to use my net, so I packed up and moved downstream fishing amongst the trees with an eight foot rod and boilie rig, an oblig obliged and not needing the net, unhooked in the waters edge, I stayed for two hours,but not another bite was had

tuolumne fisher

Reaction score
landed a 19.01 common for a buddy yesterday morning from the spot in amongst the trees, congrats dude, a new p.b. common from the tidal, happy dayz,
spent 6hrs at sunbury and shepperton this morning with a buddy, lobbing feeders midriver, loads of decaying weed and not a single bite, gawd its getting hard out there

geoffmaynard

Content Editor
Reaction score
Getting hard? Blimey. Still with all these fish being stocked into the Wandle it surely won't be long before the main river bursts back into life :wh
I got out for the first time in a month today - had one ickle perch in 4 hours, so things are improving.

tuolumne fisher

Reaction score
spent 3hrs on the tidal fishing dusk and into dark with livebaits, my buddy and I didnt have a touch, although we did see bream roll on the crease,
geoff, one month off and youre catching already,blimey that will learn us, happy dayz, glad youre back on the bank

tuolumne fisher

Reaction score
yeah m8, heard your missus saying she hopes your hard for christmas, but thats another story, get back to normal soon m8

A

alan whittington

Can anyone tell me what the hells going on,arrived on the river this morning to find it higher than its been this year,where did it all come from,we certainly havnt had much rain since last week here in sunny Luton(lol).

tuolumne fisher

Reaction score
Howdy chaps and chappess,s, I will be brief.
Spoke to Keith Arthur on his radio show this morning, one thing led to another and I,m now trying to set up a club on the tidal Thames.
Keith bless him, volunteered on air to be president.
The idea is to join the Angling Trust, get Thames water prosecuted for the Mogden Lane pollutions,and laugh alot with fishy friends.
I haven,t a clue whats involved, so any, and all assistance will be gratefully received.
I am not looking to make any money, just feel better and laugh alot.
Thanking you all for taking the time to read this post

Nobby C (ACA)

Reaction score
Sounds a good idea mushroom, would this have anything to do with Francis Francis? Just wondering if there would be a confusion between the two bodies.

A

alan whittington

Culham Peter,it was the highest ive seen it in two years,apart from the high water after last years snow,i just wonder where it rained that heavy since last weekend(one skimmer on the last cast being the result).

tuolumne fisher

Reaction score
howdy Nobby c, my proposal is for the free fishing from the banks and would extend well below Richmond half lock, thereby including Mogden Lane sewage works. I have posted this idea on the cemex site and have already had loads of positive feedback, as well as links for all the paperwork, so watch this space, happy dayz