Thames: River Thames - is it fishing for anyone else?

tuolumne fisher

Reaction score
thanks for the feed back chaps,keep them names coming, I was thinking along the lines of the Tidal Thames Turd Catchers,lol
I would like to put up a post for members and assistance, but do not know which thread to needle, anyone with good vision able to assist,
anyways its all looking good at the mo, a ripple has arisen, that may well build to a tsunami, watch out Thames Water,
am giving it till friday for people to express an interest, then going to get started,

Bridge

Reaction score
thames friends club

how about this new club sprouting some shoots ,so the next time thames water dumps tons of turds! we can inflict the nagasaki death grip to the directors dangly bits .listening to keith arthur i can not believe someone has not done this already.

geoffmaynard

Content Editor
Reaction score
If we actually could get a fine mesh netfull of 'thames brownies' we could then deliver them to the CEO of Thames Water and leave them on his front doorstep with a note to the affect of something like 'you dropped something and we are returning it'. I think the media might like that :)

---------- Post added at 11:54 ---------- Previous post was at 11:53 ----------

The EA themselves reckon they drop enough raw sewage into the Thames each year to fill the Albert Hall 5 times over!

---------- Post added at 11:55 ---------- Previous post was at 11:54 ----------

That's floor to ceiling by the way

Waveney One

Reaction score
I heard you on Fisherman's Blues and you have my support although it is a long while since I fished the tidal. Probably the last time was at Kingston when I fished a LAA Shield ,match having travelled up with the rest of my team from Ipswich. When I lived in Woodford and was a member of Kings Arms and Cheshunt AC we used to fish the Thames a lot on out fortnightly coach outings. Great Fun.

I have posted your original note on the Total Fishing http://www.total-fishing.com/forum.aspx?g=posts&t=25490&p=2 site as well and posted a link to this thread. To be honest mate, I would suggest that you create a totally new thread to help with recruitment. I was looking for your post having heard you on Sunday and had a struggle finding it. Much better to have an entirely new thread that people can find easily.

By the way, and being very cheeky, do you call yourself mushroom due to the copious piles of sewerage that Thames Water regularly dump on you from Mogden Lane?

---------- Post added at 15:59 ---------- Previous post was at 15:41 ----------

I put a thread up on the Anglers Net site as well.

Tidal Thames - New club to fight pollutions - Anglers' Net Fishing Forums

tuolumne fisher

Reaction score
the name arrived as a joke, and continues to make people smile, or I live in the dark and eat pooh, whatever floats your boat, thanks for your feedback, wanted to start new thread but wasnt sure what or where to start, all help and comments are greatly appreciated, I can assure everyone that is interested that it looks like its going to happen, happy dayz chaps

Nobby C (ACA)

Reaction score
2 of us on the free stretch at Sunbury wier, fishing feeders with pellets,boilies and sausage meat paste, nothing moved but for Old Father making his way downstream, as did the solitary cormorant.
Flow was pushing through fairly hard but holding bottom with bigger leads ok, looks good but...............

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
I can see the point of starting a fishing club and fishing together etc, and I agree that we could lobby the A.T. to help prosecute polluters. would these two objectives be the sole reasons for joining?

Leon Roskilly

Reaction score
Howdy chaps and chappess,s, I will be brief.
Spoke to Keith Arthur on his radio show this morning, one thing led to another and I,m now trying to set up a club on the tidal Thames.

A good organisation to make contact with would be the Thames Estuary Partnership

ThamesWeb

Also **** Hodges at the Thames Angling Preservation Society (pm me for an email address if you need it)

Good Luck :)

tuolumne fisher

Reaction score
leon, mucho gracias,
peter,whatever you and others want, personally I would be happy to get T.W. prosecuted, organise a litter pick up, be involved with discussions about signs and free fishing areas, liase more with the boaters and be in bed before the fairies, but hey, what floats my boat dont float everybody elses,
thanks for all your comments chaps

tuolumne fisher

Reaction score
fished the hampton court stretch today with a buddy, he fished two rods carbeling with pellets, one roachie thing dropped of on the retrieve, I fished a single rod in the margins with cheesepaste, despite covering loads of swims we both blanked
just because I aint the prettiest flower in the bunch, dont mean you have to treat me like a weed

tuolumne fisher

Reaction score
there is now a seperate thread for those interested in the much mooted tidal thames club

it is called tidal thames club, of coarse, and is on the general fishing section

all offers of cash, will have to be rebuffed, but those who are fed up with a long term serial polluter owe it to their descendants to make a difference

daz is fab and the box is brill

tuolumne fisher

Reaction score
nabbed a few hours with a buddy today, fished one swim on the non tidal and two on the tidal with roach livebait under a float, only one fish graced our net, a 3.04 perch,
very happy dayz indeed, as its been grim for me recently

Jim Crosskey 2

Reaction score
Bloody hell mate, that's a belting Perch!! Well done, I bet you're still smiling now...

I've had a tricky couple of weeks with family commitments and general christmas preparations so not been able to get out since the end of November... shame really, the river's lost a lot of colour in the last couple of days round Oxford, flow still looks good. I reckon chub will be the best bet for the next couple of weeks, deffo be chubing on Boxing day for an hour if the missus and kids let me!

tuolumne fisher

Reaction score
thanks jim, I think Izaak's smiling down at me at the moment, I returned to the successful swim from yesterday this morning,put a roach out under a float again, and 'thank the master', a new p.b. of 4.02, beat my five year old p.b., by all of one ounce,
very happy dayz indeed, get out there chaps, it seems they wanna feed

geoffmaynard

Content Editor
Reaction score
Brilliant. Well done mate!
I almost went today. Then I looked at the snow and thought... Well, you know what I thought!

tuolumne fisher

Reaction score
met two buddies in the going perch swim, fished a couple of hours into dusk, one of them had a 3,13 perch, a new p.b. for him and like me it was an increase of 1oz, only the one bite, but heh, stick with me son and Izaak will bless you too

A

alan whittington

Anybody in Oxfordshire tell me how much snow you had in the last week please.