THAT 400lb Catch from the Trent

chub angler

Reaction score
For the non english speakers on here:

publicize ( or publicise )

v.
1. make widely known.
2. give out publicity about; advertise or promote.

- DERIVATIVES publicization n.

(From The Concise Oxford English Dictionary)

C

Chris Pearson

Wazzy,
Well thats you struck off the list of potential new DVSG members mate ;-)

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
If the captor wanted to publicise his catch as coming from 'the middle Trent', and did not publish a picture that revealed the location as Hazleford, how did he break the rule?

Well, how did he break the rule? Any straight answers, it's a straight enough question.

N

nick hodgkinson

as a new member to the forum i expect to get flamed - no worries its been tried before!

but having been involved in the big fish scene for over 40 years i've seen it all - been there done it etc - your probably wearing one of my t shirts

though i don't know the main protagonists personally - i have met a few inc Bob Roberts over the years

this no publicity thing is a load of cr*p - its been there for years - standard proceedure for years as Graham will tell you is to say East Midlands gravel pit, middle Trent etc etc

it seems to me that things are being blown out of all proportion - a statement has been made by DVSG and no acceptable response has been received from HPS apart from comments about confidential emails

its about time HPS either put their case forward with facts or put the matter to bed!

C

Chris Pearson

Nigel,
We haven't got a "No Photos"rule,got hundreds but never felt inclined to send any of them to Greg!!

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Welcome Nick. And you'd still be welcome if you disagreed with me!

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

Thanks Chris, thats clarified that at least.

Graham's questions merit a response though.

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
I've sent thousands of pictures to newspapers and magazines, books, partworks, etc, thoughout Europe, Australia, New Zealand, the Baltics and the US.

I must be a really bad glory-hunting, money-grabbing bugger.

So what if I am? I've never done any of that at anybody else's expense and never, ever lied about where I caught a fish.

C

Chris Pearson

Nick,
Easy to put the matter to bed,take the offending Press statement off,delete the thread,no more tears,sorted.
They are our rules so what's it got to do with you anyway,acceptable to who?
I'll let Ron decide what he wants to do,I trust him to do the decent thing to save his mate any more embarrasment.

Lord Paul

Reaction score
Just one question have Adam and his mate ( forgot name) been asked to leave the HPS?

S

sash

And yet, after numerous requests from a number of posters has ANYBODY FROM THE HPS YET TO STATE WHAT THEIR UNWRITTEN RULES REGARDING "NO PUBLICITY" ARE THAT WERE APPARENTLY CLEARLY GIVEN TO ADAM AND ALL OTHER MEMBERS.

So what are they and how have they been broken?

Steve Ralph

Reaction score
Where have you been Paul in the press release it says that Adam and Matt were kicked out of HPS but the truth is one of them offered his resignation whoops that slipped out oh maybe mr ron clay doesnt know the whole truth aftewr all

Regards Steve

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

Chris, this is the HPS's problem.Members come on demanding retractions and deletions whilst accusing others of lying but rarely if at all provide straight answers to straight questions.Rightly or wrongly the HPS comes across as overbearing and elusive.

The vast majority of posters on here are fair minded and would I am sure take a balnced view of all this if you were willing to be free with information.Not revealing personal e-mails is your perogative but saying its no business of anyones as to what its rules are whilst claiming to be the injured party in all this is winning you no friends.

You would be better applying a no publicity rule to yourselves and keeping silent.

Steve Ralph

Reaction score
Sash I made that clear to you in a reply to your post a couple of pages back

HPS has a no publicity rule which all members including Adam and Matt knew about.

Here we go then I will put my head in the line for all you that are not quite grasping the situation

Opening night sat on the bank watching football with a tv in the back of car boot everyone sat around watching game have a glass of wine and a steak

Adam states that he has been offered ?50 for the first photo of a barbel of the new season he is imediatly told in no uncertain terms that NO Photos of fish from Hazelford appear in the press

Does that clear things up for you
And unlike Mr Clay who knows the facts secondhand I was there

Regards Steve

N

nick hodgkinson

chris pearson

sorry but why should what you call 'the offending press statement' be deleted??

and what it has to do with me?? - i'm a local angler (are you - sorry but don't know you)

why cannot you just answer in simple terms the questions that has been asked of you/HPS?

as regards confidential emails - they have all been read by the NSA anyway!

and having run syndicates as well as being involved with club committees etc i'm amazed that HPS is so remiss as to not have a written 'gentlemens' agreement with their members!

might raise all sorts of potential legal issues in the event of accidents etc

T

Tony Rocca

Sash,
like a dog with a bone.

Lets assume I am sitting next to you surrounded by members of your club on opening night on the river, you are a new member.

I, as el Presidente of the club, say to you, "dont forget now young Sash, we dont publicise any of our catches". The rest of the members already know but do hear this.

Then, the next day, you catch a big ish carp. As the nice pictures are taken, after you have swaped hats of course, 4 members are present and I say to you "I dont want to see these pictures in the Angling Times Sash, ok".

Would it be unreasonable then for the other members of your new club to be a bit peeved when news comes that those very pictures are to be in Angling Times the next week.