The Barbel Society

F

Fred Bonney

Just out of interest Neil,do your clubs baliffs walk thebanks during the close?

Any chance of seeing your video?

W

whiskerton

Not the same without Rocca,It's like watching walter and the softies bicker about who should have the last bon-bon.Fred's got you all taped,on his own.

regards

mike

P

pons

This is the money shot,as shot by the Pons.

Happens every year on my local River Teme.

Now stop bickering and enjoy .

Gathering up

DSC_0293.jpg

DSC_0318.jpg

Pons

F

Fred Bonney

You won't see that at Clattercote!

See you there./forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

R

Ray Wood 1

Hi Chris,

Nice shots I have some very much like that from the River Medway but they’re not digital.

I had no intention of coming back to this topic but when I read it was considered to be a Fred baiting thread I just had to.Looks like my point was well made then Fred, seems that quite a lot of anglers say their clubs don’t allow them on the bank during the close season. Posting it on here meant it reached a far bigger audience as well.

Sorry that might be consider as Freddy baiting, and I was thinkingFred was doing the baiting withhis jibes about where I post or did I make points.

I digress and before someone shouts “back on track please” I understand the packs been hunting over on BFW.Well three of them anyway someone’s registered ten times and been posting using multiple names trying to make the pack look bigger than it really is. Seems he couldn’t bash Bob so he picked on his mate instead sounds familiar to me. Anyway the thread got locked, not being happy with that one of the subordinates startedanother thread under the guise of "I would love to know other peoples opinions, good, bad or indifferent" that got deleted permanently. So what do you think they did...you guessed it they started another one something about what's Bob Roberts ever done for you! A bit laughable really coming from the pack driven by one mans hatred of Bob. ALL a bit sad really but it looks like these guys have to do the pack leaders bidding and can’t do anything without him or his directives. I think they call them sheep or it might be a name used earlier in this thread.

Fred used to like a bit of Bobby bashing as I recall, bit difficult now though as he is doing a slot at the show. You have to hand it to Bob he can go into the wolves den and come out without a scratch. Rumour has is that the pack leader won’t even be at the show so the subordinates are going to be a bit lost wouldn’t you say.

What’s that oh Ok then back on to the subject, you know what Fred I am surprised you didn’t ask me the <u>obvious</u> question “will you be taking part in the survey” there you are asked it for you to save you the job.

That’s an affirmative; I know several sites on the rivers Lea, Medway and a small river in Essex can’t name that one as the barbel anglers who fish it are very protective of their fishing. I might even try to follow up the spawning and see if I can asses how many eggs hatch and how the fry survive that would be a good way of assessing barbel recruitment I would think.

I'm off now be seeing you on the next baiting thread.

F

Fred Bonney

I still wish I new what he was talking about.

You can all make your own minds up I'm sure, about this individual.

But, note his profile and thenhis very first thread 5 years ago!

"I have been a member of the BS but now find myself at odds with what it claims to stand for I am in fact a founder member. Until the BS adopt a democratic election of officers and become more open I remain as a resigned member. "

Well he joined this last year, nothings changed, not even him!

Comments in a sealed envelope please!

R

Ray Wood 1

Ah another jibe...no answersjustmore inuendo, you reallycan't take it can you when someone stands up for themselves.

No need for sealed envelopes though Fred I can take any comments the pack or you would like to make on here. Or better still why not make them to my face at the BS Show? I am open to talk to anyone. I wanted to meet Tony Rocca for the first timeto ask him why he had tried to smear my name for a second time.

It appears I will have to wait until the next show.

F

Fred Bonney

Ray, you do a brilliant job smearing your own name, you don't need any help!

I'll be on the Merchandise table working <u>for</u> The Society

R

Ray Wood 1

Oh dear...nothings changed not even him.

I wasn't aware of any Barbel Society knocking on my part here Fred so not sure why you felt the need to bring that one up...of course we can all see you had it in waiting.

Come on Fred you can do better than to bring up old topics can't you? Should I bring up all the posts or topics where you bashed Bob Roberts, Chris Ponsford, Dave Burr...along with many more? No I leave that sad little trick to you as it appears your only defence, if i miss your next edited comment while typing this I can only apologise.

As for making the making up of minds...let the voting begin and it not a secret vote.

F

Fred Bonney

Oh yes ,your point may well have been "well made" but you made it on here instead of where you were asked to!

R

Ray Wood 1

Come on Fred your at least a page or more behing please try to keep up I answered that one ages ago. Keep on wriggling though!/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

E

EC

So to sum up, those interested in taking part, read the link at the top of the thread and decide whether to participate!

Angling clubs, riparian owners and individual anglers are invited to contribute to the survey. Anglers should ensure they have permission from controlling clubs/landowners to be present on the river bank.

The information received will remain confidential to the BS and EA, especially specific locations, but the general conclusions will eventually be shared as much as possible.

If I have missed anything PM me please!