The Keith Culley Memorial Match Clattercote 16.5.09

• Thread starter Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)
  • Start date
N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

Its looking better!!!

Saturdays Weather

Dobnt forget to let me know by tonight if you need a brekkie if you have not already done so.

Paul H

Reaction score
Derbyshire: best beer, best cheese, best puddings.
That's the thing with Metcheck - you can guarantee that the forcast they give you the day before is spot on but earlier than that it changes on a daily basis.

Much like the actual weather I suppose /forum/smilies/nerd_smiley.gif

Windy

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA) wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

Dont forget to let me know by tonight if you need a brekkie if you have not already done so.</blockquote>

I'm gratefully poncing a lift of Maidment, so I'm with him timing-wise on arrival and attendance at the trough /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif. If he's booked in for brekkie then I'm in for it as well.... [Edit]and looking back it appears that he is so put me down for it too ![/Edit] if not then its the old cold congealed home made bacon sarnies with the brown sauce trickling everywhere ! My secret carp attractor as the drips work their way through the gaps in the boards..... /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

P

pons

Evening ,

Sincere apologies but am having to work sat,so will not be there.

As I was pegged next to Chris Mankybait last year ,and was very impressed by his fortitude,can I donate my pools fee to him as I see he has not paid yet .

Many thanks and have a great day,

Pons

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

Shame you cannot make it Chris but thanks for the shout.I will do as directed with the peg fee.

One breakfast ordered for you Evan.

trev (100M bronze)

Reaction score
Thank you Chris I will tell Chris (mankybait) that he owes you a few pints next time we meet.

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
Evan my mate, do us a favour and reply to my PM. I know Godalming and it's environs are beautifully small and exclusive but......

....where do you live?

I'm not standing in the street and 5:30am waiting for a stray ex lawyer!

Even boosted your takings on Sunday, spent a few quid on wine, nice young lady served me!

Ta.

/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

Windy

Reaction score
Oooops. Didn't notice you'd sent me a pm three days ago /forum/smilies/embarassed_smiley.gif.....

What happened to email pm notifications ? Don't think I ever turned mine off, but they don't seem to be happening....

PM'd you back. As a stray ex-lawyer I'm used to standing around on street corners at unfeasibly early times in the morning trying to make ends meet /forum/smilies/hot_smiley.gif. Will give your kind regards to Holly.

Windy

Reaction score
'ere, Marsbar, or relevant techno fix garden gnome: my email notifications still set to on, but not happening at this end. Summat up ? Off to double check my spam filter....

Windy

Reaction score
Checked: 'tis the fault of BtInternet's overenthusiastic spam filter, not this end. Hopefully restored to normal service. If not apologies for failing to respond immediately to any pm's

Windy

Reaction score
And on the bright side, Saturday's forecast is now for no rain from 10.00 am on with 7 to 8mph south westerly winds. Grey and overcast and 'feels like' 13 degrees centigrade.

So no need for the sunglasses, but hopefully no need for the umbrellas and waterproofs either ! Having said that we will probably now experience the most apalling thunderstorm and cloudburst on record...

F

Fred Bonney

Good job we ignore weather forecasts!

Mine says the same, except the wind is a 16mph easterly, so it's coming down the reservoir from over the dam wall.

Visability very good, 15c

Having said that when we've turned up in the past,everywhere elsewas bright and warm and we had gale force winds and rain!!!

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Fred Bonney wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

Good job we ignore weather forecasts!

Mine says the same, except the wind is a 16mph easterly, so it's coming down the reservoir from over the dam wall. </blockquote>

Right then, I'll have my usual far end peg draw then!/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Windy, thanks, I have your details, will reply tonight.

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

Final list of those fishing/breakfasting

1)Fred Bonney B

2)Nigel Connor B

3)Graham Marsden B

4)Scott Whatmore B

5)Graham Whatmore B

6)Jonny Northmore

7)Malc Doyle

8)Andy Nellist B

9)Kevin Perkins B

10)Pikey Paul B

11)****y B

12)Chris Bettis

13)Steve King B

14)Neil MB

15)Steve Wilson(Defending Champion!!!)

16)Gary LarkB

17)Nick

18)Stu Dexter

19)Trev

20)Windy B

21)Mark Hewitt B

22)Mark's uncle B

23)Murray Rogers

24) Simon Fell B

25) Jeff Woodhouse(to pay)

26) Ade Williams(to pay)

27) Mankybait

28) Morespiders (to pay) B

29) Mittch Auger (to pay)

30) Sean Meeghan B

31) Limestone B

If I have missed anyone off either list, please let me know.

Breakfast is £5 a head.

I trust £5 pools(optional) are acceptable?

I'll confirm peg number with the bailiff tommorow or Friday but we will probably be looking at 14 to 45.

There has always been controversy about fishing near the boards in the higher pegs and the loss of fish arising as a consequence.There was some talk last year of applying a rule precluding this.After consideration with Graham, this has been decided against but I would respectfully ask everyone who targets fish in the vicinty of the boards to use appropriate tackle and fish responsibly.

Tight lines.

Mark Wintle

Reaction score
I'll bid you all tight lines as I can't make it this year but having suggested NOT fishing near the boards for the reason that 80% of fish hooked there are lost and 100% suffer mouth damage as a result regardless of the adequacy of the tackle I hope no-one will resort to this desparate tactic. Heaving double-figure carp between 4" sharp edged posts is unnecessary, wins nothing and looks bad. Put the welfare of the fish first!

Venue reports suggest an increasing head of shoal bream 2-3lbs that show in matches at 30yds to the right tactics.

Neneman Nick

Reaction score
Questions.....are you allowed to use rubber type sweetcorn on the hook as bait in this match or is it one of those affairs where strictNFA type matchrules apply???

The use of feeders/method feeders/in line leads etc....i`m not sure on the fishery rules and regulations.Are semi fixed feeders ok (hook link swivel pushed in end of feeder or in line lead)or does everything have to be free running???

Thought i`d ask before i win it and get dissqualified on a technicality....../forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

The only rules that need to be abided by are the fishery rules as far as I am concerned, Nick. Its only a bit of fun.