''The most hackneyed angling sayings''.

wanderer

Reaction score
The two that really get up my nose are, Thats Carpy, and the pair of camo clad drunks telling me they only came down for a social, always tempted to say, well stick your bivvies over in the field behind us.

daniel121

Reaction score
Wind from the West, fish bite the best.
Wind from the East, fish bite the least.
Wind from the North, do not go forth.
Wind from the South blows bait in their mouth.

swizzle

Reaction score
The two that really get up my nose are, Thats Carpy, and the pair of camo clad drunks telling me they only came down for a social, always tempted to say, well stick your bivvies over in the field behind us.

"that's carpy". Have you ever heard anything so ridiculous? The answer to that should be, yes, it does look wet doesn't it.

Derek Gibson

Reaction score
Here's a classic I've heard many times.

I could be as famous as Matt Hayes, or John Wilson if I had access to those exclusively private waters stuffed with big fish.

soft plastic

Reaction score
Here's a classic I've heard many times.

I could be as famous as Matt Hayes, or John Wilson if I had access to those exclusively private waters stuffed with big fish.
There is no doubt at all that the angling skill of those mentioned, and others, contribute to their success. There is another factor to take into account as well, the sheer amount of fishing time they are able to get under their belts.

Bob Hornegold

Reaction score
Or the Noddy Pleasure anglers who don't like anything about Modern Fishing, from the naming of fish and swims to the general cauterisation of Carp Anglers as being drunks !!

Get a life-Please.

:wh

Bob

daniel121

Reaction score
Or the Noddy Pleasure anglers who don't like anything about Modern Fishing, from the naming of fish and swims to the general cauterisation of Carp Anglers as being drunks !!

Get a life-Please.

:wh

Bob

Or the Cancer in modern angling that divides anglers in to genras, turning them into name calling enemies which is dividing our sport and ultimately making it a more unpleasant place.

Derek Gibson

Reaction score
Or the Cancer in modern angling that divides anglers in to genras, turning them into name calling enemies which is dividing our sport and ultimately making it a more unpleasant place.

All angling disciplines have their advocates, unfortunately ''some'' a little more boisterous than others. It's been that way for as long as I can remember, and that's many years. Sadly no matter what's said I cannot see the matter being resolved.