TIDAL THAMES CLUB part two

tuolumne fisher

Reaction score
first and seconded, that'll do for me,
john can you do as geoff asks?

many thanks chaps, dont forget criticisms are welcome also

tuolumne fisher

Reaction score
just finished constitution its 1400 words long and probably full of errors, as I did it all by myself, anyway need to get you to see it, for corrections etc
can I post 1400 words on here in a single post, anyone know

thanks for your support fellas

Stealph Viper

Reaction score
If you can't post 1400 words on here, you could get it put on the Features Page or enter it in to your Blog, and just leave directions on here on where to view it.

tuolumne fisher

Reaction score
hope you mods dont mind, if you do I apologise

THAMES CLUB CONSTITUTION [draft] IS ON CEMEX SITE

to much to put on three forums and interest is greater on there

thanks fellas, 'ave a good'un

tuolumne fisher

Reaction score
constitution seems to be more or less ok, comments please chaps, either post on cemex or pm me

next task website;
john hepworth is setting it up for free
I haven't a clue, so anybody got any ideas on content please chaps

the acorn is planted and well watered, we just need to keep it well watered

geoffmaynard

Content Editor
Reaction score
To save anyone going to cemex:

PROPOSED CONSTITUTION FOR THAMES ANGLERS CONSERVANCY

The primary and founding aim is to promote and protect the river Thames, its water quality and surrounding enviroments. So that they can be enjoyed by all. This goal will be pursued with the utmost vigour by the elected club officials ahead of any other aims or goals.
It is proposed that the club be named 'Thames Anglers Conservancy', and will be an internet based club. Where members can communicate free of charge with like minded individuals.
Membersip will be composed of people who have an interest in angling, within the free fishing areas of the entire length of the river Thames
It will be free to join upon its inception, and for its first year of existence. This will be reassessed by club officials, and results posted on the club website after eleven calendar months. The aim is for it to be a free to join club throughout its lifetime.
If this aim is achievable through donations, no favouritism or elitism will be shown to those who donate by any club officials or members.
If this is unachievable, then a small levy may have to be paid by members.
It is anticipated that further aims and goals will present themselves during the first month of existence. These will be listed on the club website by the committee, after the first calendar month, post haste. Agreement will then be sought amongst the membership to prioritise these goals/aims, and appoint an officer to deal with these expected aims/goals. The officer appointed will be expected to keep all members up to date on developments with monthly posts on the club website.

tuolumne fisher

Reaction score
wot a crimbo pressy geoff, youre a star, there are a further 7 sections on cemex, all together it runs to about 1400 words

read it all chaps and post criticisms and changes, many, many thanks geoff

tuolumne fisher

Reaction score
we may have encountered a hurdle folks, its been mooted that free membership may prevent us joining A.T./F.L.
ANY COMMENTS CHAPS

tuolumne fisher

Reaction score
FISH LEGAL CANNOT REPRESENT OUR PROPOSED CLUB BECAUSE WE DO NOT LEASE OR LICENSE THE FISHING RIGHTS

well folks what are the options, give up, continue but without the satisfaction of nailing thames water or summit along the lines of 'fathers for justice' opinions please folks

Fred Bonney

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Surely the Thames in that area everybody has fishing rights under statute.

Do you need to be a landowner on the banks to achieve representation?

On another tack, don't you think you may have just a bit more following,if you were more than just amushroom? Certainly gives me little nagging doubts!

Last edited:

geoffmaynard

Content Editor
Reaction score
That's a nonsensical single opinion legal view that wouldn't stand up in court. An equal and alternate viewpoint is that we have fishing rights under the existing laws; the AT are probably discriminating against us for X reason. (Possibly coz they know we intend to make them work for their money from day one). This is the kind of thing that makes people scorn these lawyers. If it's not 100% cut and dried and handed to them on a plate, they won't take it on in case it affects their '100% success' record.

So I would suggest negotiation - have a quiet word with the AT and suggest that the negative publicity this could involve for them (Radio and all major angling publications and websites) is not worth them denying membership. It could cost them a lot of membership at a time when they desperately need it.

As for free membership, we do the same as others do in these legal matters. Use the existing laws against those who try to do us down. Therefor the membership is NOT free. We charge a peppercorn per annum..... Or a penny per year. And we forget to collect it each year because we are such bad book-keepers. Same as many other legal lease-holds.

Fred, amushroom is a mere username - he represents the TAC. That is what is important.

tuolumne fisher

Reaction score
thanks Fred Bonney for your comments, it is the idea that is important, my chosen name a mushroom was affixed to generate humour years ago, not to be a town crier or generate interest to right a wrong
chaps we can join A.T. and F.L. as long as we fulfill their membership criteria, but F.L. cannot pursue for loss of amenity [turd dumping]

so the rallying call has been muted, what remains to gel support from the ordinary angler, and who has the where with all to negotiate the tricky paths ahead, if they wish to

thanks for comments chaps and keep them coming, obviously after fourteen days of continually bouncing the ball, one gets a bit tired and to hear there are no legislative procedures in place to right this wrong, is a major kick in the****
anyways its about the majority, so lets here from you

---------- Post added at 05:36 ---------- Previous post was at 05:28 ----------

Anyone got a back garden on the thames we can lease fishing rights from

Fred Bonney

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Geoff,it's nothing to do with user name, it's asking for financial support anonymously, that may make some people think twice.

It should be treated no differently, in my view, to the Nigerian scam emails, until known better.

Just a view, it may well be totally legit but "amushroom", turns up out of the blue, and appears to campaining for those who are looking for some comfort?

Unless those showing financial interest know better!

geoffmaynard

Content Editor
Reaction score
Flippin' Essex boys! :)

Well I've known Mr Mushroom for a couple of years, have fished with him a few dozen times and can assure anyone who might worry that he is exactly what he purports to be. And I know where he lives. I also imagine that when contacting AT etc he will be doing so under his real name which is....

ELVIS PRESLEY!!

tuolumne fisher

Reaction score
disheartened to hear the essex boys perceive amushroom as a nigerian scam,
with regards to money, you may have noticed that the idea was that the club would be free,
it is unfortunate that someone with a known reputation had not been hit by lightning, like myself,
its a major shame that the cost of a stamp [proposed cost]should be perceived as a risky venture
you will have noticed that no monies have been asked to be mailed anywhere, nor a name chosen to receive them
you may have also noticed that the incredibly naive and stupid Keith Arthur has pledged to be president, obviously with his track record everyone has a right to run scared [sarcasm]
geoff thanks for your recommendation
it just goes to show that even in the depths of a season of goodwill, doubting thomas's abound
feel free to pledge support, monies and even offer yourself as treasurer, chairman or secretary because all are needed, as I have stated on many occasions, I am more than happy to put it all in someone elses lap, go back to the dark and eat pooh, it is a sad inditement of society, that someone trying to do some good, for the price of a stamp if anything,should be perceived as dodgy,
thankyou for all for your concerns, I'm just of to poach someones swim, steal their tackle and ****their missus

Fred Bonney

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Nothing personal amushroom, as I have hinted in my posts.

But, I don't listen to Keith Arthur, especially since he publicly ran down the ongoing petition on the grounds that it didn't go into detail on punishment for pollutors!!!
Did you sign by the way? If not why not?
Petition to: introduce serious penalties for serious water pollution. | Number10.gov.uk

Anybody can say that you have a named supporter, the Nigerian guy told me he had £10million dollars waiting for me.

Geoff has sponsored you, and if you're alright for a fellow Essex boy your alright with me.